Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Eighteen

I did not have enough time to look at my surroundings because Arthur had dragged me into the kitchen where I saw a woman cooking. I’m assuming Arthur’s mom.

“Arthur! Who’s your little friend?” His mother asked walking over and giving Arthur a hug.

“This is Betty, she’s my tutor.” He said trying to get out of his mother’s grasp.

“It’s so nice to meet you Betty. I hope you are staying for dinner tonight.” She said before indulging me into a hug. It took a few seconds before I could hug back.

“Uh- I- um..” I stammered out looking at Arthur.

“Of course Ma, now we have to go do some homework.” Arthur said embarrassed from his mother and once again dragged me off.

Arthur took me downstairs to where his bedroom was.

He flicked on the light and kicked his clothes that were on the ground so he could make a pathway to his bed.

“Sorry about the mess. I forgot to clean.”

“It’s alright. I don’t mind.” I replied walking over and taking a seat next to him on his bed.

I looked around his room; a few various band posters hung on the walls, two windows were on the wall to my right looking out to the front yard, a desk was underneath, he had a closet and dresser/shelf, finally a television was in front of his bed.

“My house sucks compared to yours.” He chuckled.

I shook my head, “I like your house, and it’s nice and cozy. It doesn’t feel dead.”

I turned back to Arthur and found him staring at me. I blushed and opened my bag.

“So what do you need help with today?”

After a few moments of silence Arthur finally spoke, “How about we just talk for a bit.”

“Oh, um okay.” I said putting my book down.

I leaned against the wall and pulled my feet up to get more comfortable, Arthur copied my actions.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Arthur spoke again.

“I don’t think you should talk to Zack anymore.” I snapped my head in his direction.

“Why not?”

“He’s up to no good. I know it.”

“You know nothing! Zack is my friend and I know he has been mean to me in the past but what happened to forgive and forget?” I asked.

“Betty, Zack he’s just. Ugh! It’s so frustrating to explain.” Arthur stood up and began pacing. I now realize he does this when he’s either thinking or frustrated.

“Zack is my friend Arthur. You are going to have to accept that.” I said to him moving to the edge of the bed.

Arthur rolled his eyes.

“Fine, whatever. He’s your friend but Betty. If he gets a certain way get away from him okay.

I’m serious, here call me if he ever does when you are around him by yourself.”

Arthur scribbled down his phone number and stuffed it into my backpack while I sat there confused at what just happened.

“Get’s like what?”

“It’s too hard to explain, just get away from him okay Betty. Promise me that.” Arthur said now standing in front of me.

I nodded, “Okay, I promise I will call if Zack ever gets in a ‘certain way’.” I stated sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

“You say that now, but trust me. You will be glad I warned you Betty.”

I didn’t reply, I just closed my eyes and decided that a nice nap would be relaxing now.

>>>>>>

I fluttered my eyes open to the sound of childish laughter. I noticed I was holding and laying on something really comfy. I closed my eyes and snuggled into this warmth more.

“Ew! Are they making babies?” A childish voice giggled.

“I think so. They are hugging each other in bed.” Another said.

“Ardie, are you making babies.” The second voice asked.

“What?” I heard a tired Arthur say before I felt the warmth moving. Oh, the warmth was Arthur.

“Are you making babies with her?” The first one giggled before poking me.

“No! Now get out of my room you little squirt!” Arthur said starting to get agitated before he pulled me closer to him.

I thought they had left because for awhile there was just silence. Well silence before the kids jumped onto the bed falling on top of us before getting up and jumping around.

I shrieked at impact causing Arthur to shout.

The kids only giggled more obviously proud of themselves.

“They’re making babies!” The one shouted.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to come in my room!?! Get out Jasper!” Arthur shouted at the one who looked similar to himself.

I’m guessing, annoying younger brother and annoying friend.

“Mom!” Artie’s being mean!” Jasper yelled before running out of the room, he was closely followed by his little friend.

After they slammed his door shut Arthur groaned out and rested his head on his pillows.

“Sorry about that.” He said embarrassed.

“It’s okay. I think they’re adorable.” I smiled which caused Arthur to look at me like I had a second head.

“In a little kid way.” I added while Arthur rolled his eyes. I then rested my head the pillow.

“Arthur?” I asked.

“Yea?”

“How did we end up lying like this?” I asked confused at our position.

“Oh um,” His cheeks had now turned red, “You fell asleep and I figured you would be comfier like this, then I decided to take a nap.”

“Oh,” I closed my eyes again.

I was almost asleep again before Arthur started to shift around. I could tell he wanted to say something. I rolled over so I could face him on my side and opened my eyes to see him facing me.

“You okay?”

He nodded his head but I could tell something was bothering him.

“Arthur. . .” I touched his arm gently.

“It’s just I- don’t know how to- never mind.” He grumbled and turned away.

“Arthur, you can tell me.” I reassured him.

He faced me again and said nothing. We were just lying there staring at eachother. After a few minutes of silence I got worried.

“Arthur! Betty! Dinner is ready!” I heard Arthur Mom shout at us from the kitchen.

Arthur stood up slowly and made his way across the room. I stood up too and walked towards him.

Before he could walk up the stairs I grabbed onto his arm so he could face me. He was not leaving this room until I know what was wrong.

“Arth-“ I was cut off by his lips meeting mine. My eyes opened wide and I gasped in shock.

Arthur stopped and stepped back in shock of his actions.

“I’m so sorry Betty! I swear-,“ This time I cut him off by kissing him.

We kept kissing for a few minutes before we heard the familiar childish giggle at the top of the stairs.

“Told you!” Jasper shouted to his friend before being ushered away by his mother.

“Hurry up you two!” Arthur’s mother told us before returning to the kitchen.

Arthur grumbled, “I hate being interrupted.”

I pecked his lips once to let him know it’s okay, “You got your kiss, now hush up.”

I grabbed Arthur’s hand and led him upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp! They finally kissed!
It just took 18 chapters (:
Also i would like to thank you all, cause i have:
8 stars
44 comments
195 readers
and 61 subscribers!

Now, here comes the more interesting part of the story!
Hehe (:
Remember dont be a silent reader!
Comments = updates!