Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Eight

I tried to crawl away from him but the man quickly grabbed my wrists and pulled me towards him.

“What are you doing here all alone? Looking for someone?” He grinned knowing I was afraid.

I was afraid to be honest, so afraid. I tried to speak but when I opened my mouth nothing came out. Seeing this the man chuckled and pulled me against his chest.

“I like you already. I know some friends who would too. How about we go pay them a visit? I’m sure you will like them, in time.” He laughed.

Hearing this got my brain working again and I started to pull away from him. “Let me go!” I screamed loudly hoping someone would hear.

“Hey! What do you think you are doing?” A voice from behind me said. The car creeper is back.

I looked behind me hoping to see someone I knew but it was so dark I couldn’t see who it was. All I saw was a silhouette of a man.

“What are you going to do if I don’t?” The man holding me spat out, getting spit on my face in the process. Now that is just gross.

“Well I have nine one already dialed in my phone. One more one and the cops will be here in minutes and since I know what you look like and what you just said you will end up in jail by the end of the night for sexual assault and kidnapping. So if you are smart you will let go of her and get the hell out of here and never come back.” The man behind us said in a familiar voice. The man holding me let go within a few seconds and pushed me away and me being clumsy, I fell once again. The man took off down the path pretty damn fast.

I sighed in relief.

I started to get up when someone pulled me up from behind. I turned to look at the person and saw that Arthur had been my savior. I instantly hugged him.

“Thank you so much.” I had tears pricking my eyes from what just happened.

“It’s okay, let’s get you home now.” He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we walked towards his car. The side door opened for me and inside was Anthony.

“Get to the back Anthony. We’re dropping Betty off first.” Anthony grumbled a few unhappy words as he climbed into the backseat. I sat in the passenger side and Arthur shut my door. He quickly got to his side and got in.

The ride to my house was silent. I guess everyone expected the other to speak. Well that’s what I expected.

Arthur pulled into my driveway and as I opened the car door he finally spoke.

“If you ever need a ride home you can call me okay.” I nodded at him and got out. I don’t have his phone number and I didn’t need it either. I’m old enough to walk home alone.

When I got inside my house crying over took me. I walked over to the couch and cried myself to sleep. My life sucks.

The next day at school I had a hard time concentrating. To be honest I was scared out of my mind from the incident. I’m just glad Mr. Williams was away today and a substitute teacher gave us a bunch of work. Everyone was upset but me.

I found that doing homework took my mind off of things going on in life. I finished all of my work before the class bell rang.

As the end of the day came I finally realized why it was so quiet, even peaceful. Zack was absent from school. These days rarely came. You’d think someone like him would be skipping every other day but to be honest he had a better attendance record then me. I did see Arthur and Anthony today but I think they were tired from last night. I guess they weren’t morning people.

I finally reached the place that was more like home than my actual home, the diner.

I went to the washroom to quickly change into my uniform. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and walked to Sal’s office to grab my notepad. Sal was busy looking over some papers so I didn’t make any small talk.

In the front area I saw Lulu at the cash register taking in someone’s orders. No other waitresses were here today. That meant I would be doing all the hard work today, Oh, lucky me.

Around seven o’clock that evening the customers seemed too died down. I was in the kitchen talking to the cook when Lulu shouted for me that there were customers.

“Talk to you in a bit Frank.” I waved the cook before grabbing my notepad off the counter and heading towards the front.

I grabbed some menus and scribbled down the basic date and time on my notepad when I reached the table.

“So that explains the outfit.” A familiar voice said. I looked up and my mood dropped from being cheerful to scared and shocked because at this particular table sat Arthur, Anthony and Zack, just my luck.

“Um here are some menus just uh let me know when you ready to order.” I give a smile since its mandatory to treat the customers kindly even though some do not deserve kindness.

“Wait a second Betty.” Zack called me back over to the table.

I reluctantly walked back over.

“Yes.”

“Could I get a coke please?” he tried to smile innocently like he was a good guy but I knew the truth.

“Sure thing, any other drinks?” I look at Anthony and Arthur. They both ordered the same thing. I nodded and wrote the drink order down on the notepad.

I quickly came back with their drinks and thankfully they were ready to order. The faster they ate, the faster they would be gone.

I wrote down their meal which was the same for all three of them, a simple fries and a burger.

When there meal was finished cooking I walked back over to their table and noticed Zack and Anthony were gone. I placed the three plates on the table where they were sitting but before I could leave Arthur started talking.

“I’m guessing last night you were walking home after your shift then.”

“Yea, I guess I lost track of time.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Well I don’t mind giving you a ride. My work is just a few blocks away and I pass by here anyway. It’s the least I could do.” He smiled.

“Well maybe if it’s raining or snowing or something. But I’m capable of making it home on my own.” I didn’t need pity from anyone. I didn’t need anyone.

“I don’t mind Betty seriously- oh shit!” Arthur had knocked down his drink on the table. I quickly grabbed some napkins and so did Arthur and we start to clean his spill. I had to lean over the table to get some of the spill.

As we were about done a hard smack on my ass got my attention. I couldn’t help but yelp at that. I turned around and Zack stood there smirking at me.

“I couldn’t help myself.” He had his hands up in defense.

I couldn’t speak I was shocked. I turned towards Arthur and he had a different expression on his face. Anger? No could it be jealousy? Whatever it was I was a bit upset he didn’t stand up for me.

I moved around him to get back to the front till.

When they finished Arthur came up to the till which I was very thankful for.

“What’s the damage?” He asked pulling out his wallet.

I added up his total and said seventeen fifteen all while not looking up at him.

He handed me a twenty. I went to hand him his change but he shook his head and told me to keep it.

“Oh, thanks.” I look up and smile.

“I’ll be here at nine to drive you home.” And with that he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY!
hope you like the story.
sorry its going slow, next chapter will be much better i promise (:
also those of you commenting THANKYOU!
please comment?
it makes my day xD