Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 16

Fashion Week being only a couple of days away, Katie and Luke were making the most of the lazy morning, opting to staying in bed instead of getting up. Luke wasn't really clued up on just how stressful the Week could get, but Katie was well aware and whilst she loved it, she wasn't looking forwards to it, at least not without some apprehension. She had no clue if she would have a single spare moment to spend just being…

“What’s on your mind?” Luke wondered softly, brushing her long hair away from her shoulders as she was resting her head in his chest.

“Nothing, really,” she said honestly. “Just thinking about all the craziness that is about to ensue,” she admitted, it wasn't really bothering her, but with the silence surrounding them, her mind just sort of drifted there. “If you're working on something so big, you're always approaching the last few days before it with a sort of apprehensive anticipation,” she smiled against him. “It’s amazing to be a part of it all, but at the same time there are so many things that can go wrong…” she trailed off softly, placing a soft kiss on his warm skin.

“It’s a lot,” he nodded slowly. He didn’t know what it was like approaching a week filled of fashion shows, but he did know what it was like waiting for a big tournament to start and it was a killer on the nerves…

“It is,” she agreed. “But I don’t want to talk about that right now,” she decided, leaning up and brushing her lips against his strong, jaw line that was covered in a slightly stubble.

“So what do you want to talk about then?” he smiled amused, running his hand over the bar skin of her back.

“Nothing in particular,” she replied as she shifted and straddled his abdomen and ran her fingers up his strong arms. “Actually I don’t want to talk at all,” she told him, leaning down and brushing her lips against his as his hands travelled up her naked sides.

Not many words were exchanged between them after that…

“Do you really have to go?” Luke practically whined, wrapping his arms even tighter around Katie’s waist as she tried to move towards the edge of the bed.

“Yes,” she laughed against his bare chest.

“Why?” he pouted like a small child who’d been told he couldn’t get the last lollipop.

“Because I have to get ready,” she smiled, managing to pry his arms away from her so that she could slip on her panties as well as her bra before she moved around the room, gathering her clothes that were strew everywhere as she went. “I have a meeting at lunch,” she reminded him, glancing over where he was sitting, sulking.

“You have to leave already?” he questioned as he watched her shrug on the short-sleeved shirt she’d been wearing the day before and buttoning the black pants that were hanging off her hips.

“Yes,” she stated simply. “I have to get across town, shower, find something appropriate to wear and then I have to get to the restaurant,” she told him. “I'm late as it is already,” she pointed out, avoiding looking at the alarm clock on his bedside table.

“Can’t you stay for just a little while longer?” he stuck his bottom lip out, causing her to smile widely and duck her head to keep from looking at him any longer. Whilst she had a meeting, he didn’t have practice that morning, so he didn’t have to get out of bed just yet if he didn’t want to. He clearly didn’t want to.

“No, I can’t,” she sighed, it really did sound like a great idea. “My boss will have my ass if I'm not there.”

“I'm not saying you shouldn’t go,” he clarified simply. “Just that you should stay here a little longer,” he smiled widely.

“Babe, I can’t,” she smiled sadly as she shrugged on her black vest at left it unbuttoned for the moment as she walked back over to the bed. “It sounds really nice, but I have to leave or I’ll never get there.”

“You should just keep those kinds of clothes here,” he mumbled against her lips as she kissed him.

“Or I could just move in,” she rolled her eyes slightly, frowning as she felt him stop mid-kiss. “I wasn't…” she quickly backtracked as she pulled back, looking at him concerned. “Luke,” she nudged him as he didn’t say anything, it was so like her to screw something up when it was going great…

“That’s actually a good idea,” he smiled as he shook off his surprise.

“No, Luke, I wasn't…” she stopped him, sitting back on his thighs as she was practically straddling him again.

“No, that’s a great idea,” he told her, reaching up and pushing her hair behind her ear, his fingers brushing over her cheeks as he did.

“Luke,” she gave him a look. “We haven't been together long enough to even be starting to think about that.”

“There’s no timetable on relationships,” he stated, leaning up and pressing his lips against hers again. “And just think, you’d never have to rush across town in the mornings,” he whispered against the side of her neck as he kissed his way down it. “You’d never have to wait to see me when I get home after a road trip.”

“You’ve barely been away on a road trip,” she pointed out, her breath hitching slightly as he sucked at a particularly sensitive spot, he’d found ways to turn her on she wasn't even aware of.

“Think of it as a future investment then,” he smirked against her neck, feeling her laugh slightly. “Don’t over-think things,” he advised her.

“I'm not over-thinking anything,” she told him frankly, tangling her fingers in his hair as she kept his lips where they were and kept him from moving away. “I'm just being realistic, practical…”

“The practical thing would be for you to move in here with me,” he interrupted her. “No more commute, I do live closer to your office and it’s definitely closer to the ACC,” he pointed out.

“This is barely closer to my office,” she disagreed.

“Not as much traffic,” he argued as he switched sides of her neck, nibbling slightly on the smooth skin and letting his tongue sooth the abused skin right after.

“Luke,” she sighed, though she didn’t know if it was because of the things he was doing to her neck or any other reason.

“No, Katelyn, you know it would be the best solution to this,” he stated frankly as he looked up at her, his blue eyes connecting with her green ones.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she knew that whilst she was stubborn, he was an older brother, he was used to getting his way. Sighing as she leaned forwards, resting her forehead against his broad shoulder, she knew that it had been a Freudian slip…

“Fine,” she mumbled, her breath tickling his warm skin.

“Fine?” he asked, smiling widely as his arms were loosely looped around her waist.

“Fine,” she nodded against his shoulder. “I’ll move in here with you.”