Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 47

“Can you believe that it’s less than three weeks till you're due?” Luke smile softly as the two of them were standing in the newly finished nursery. It was the last thing in the house to get finished, but it was also one of the most colorful rooms. Painted in greens and blues as they didn’t know if they were having a boy or a girl, they’d spent days picking out furniture, colors and all the toys that were spread around it.

“Yes, yes I can,” Katie nodded, her hand resting on her large belly, she’d been feeling like a beached whale for weeks now, it really looked like she’d swallowed a beach ball, at least according to herself, Luke still claimed that she was beautiful. “But I get what you're saying,” she smiled softly, glancing back at him.

“We’re going to be parents,” he said, sounding amazed as he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder and placing his hands flat against her large stomach, feeling their baby move slightly.

“That’s a scary thought,” Katie leaned back slightly against him.

“Would you have pictured all this, a year ago when I helped you move in back at the loft?” he wondered softly.

“No,” she shook her head slightly. “Not in a million years,” she continued softly.

“Me neither,” he gently kissed the side of her bare neck. “But I'm happy it turned out this way,” he smiled softly.

“I am too,” she agreed, turning slightly in his arms and leaning up to press her lips against his.

“So do you want to go take a walk?” he wondered, pressing his forehead against hers as he looked down at her, knowing that she hated not being able to get around like before.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” she smiled softly, brushing her fingers over his cheek before closing the space between them once again and pressing her lips against his.

Life wasn't like either of them had pictured, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing when they were concerned. They hadn't imagined babies, or houses, or engagements when they thought about their immediate future just a short year ago, and yet here they were. About to have a baby, half a wedding planned and a house that was now their own.

Life really does work in mysterious ways…