I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

Showtime

*Reyna POV*
After packing up my bag, I meet Lukas in the hall. I tried to drag my forty pound bag to the elevator as Lukas watched with a grin on his face. “You could help,” I puff out as I grab the handle and attempt to drag it. Lukas pushed me gently aside, “I know it was just entertaining to see you struggle. Besides it gave me an excellent view of your backside.” He heaved the suitcase like it weighed nothing and started to walk to the elevator. “Hey, you can’t just say that to a woman,” I told Lukas’ back as I ran to catch up to him. He put his hand to his ear and said, “I’m sorry my English isn’t very good, what I meant to say was ass.” Scrunching up my face, I slapped his arm as we walked into the elevator but only succeed in hurting it when it encountered rock solid muscle. Rubbing my sore hand, I mumbled at how unfair it was for him to have such a muscular body. Chuckling, Lukas said, “Are you ready to start the show?” “Yup,” I said, looking him straight in the eyes. Lukas’ arm wrapped confidently around my small waist and he held both our bags in his free hand. With a deep breath, we exited the elevator.

*Lukas POV*

I kept firm hold of Reyna as we made our way through the lobby to the front desk. I could tell as we walked by that several people recognized us. I lower my hand a little and felt Reyna jump a bit at the touch. I bend my head to her ear and whispered, “Relax.” “Easy for you to say, you’re not the one that’s getting their ass grabbed while everyone stares,” she whispered furiously back. I bit my lip to keep from laughing and replied, “You can do it to me if it will make you fell better.” She turned her head to answer but we had reached the desk so I gave her a quick peck on the lips and turned to the man.

“Mr. Podolski, I hope that your stay here was enjoyable?” said the man with a nametag that indicated his name was James. “Yes it was thank you,” I said also speaking in German. “I’d like to check out and pay.” “Yes of course,” James said taking the keys from my hand. “Your room was covered by the company but for the lady it will be seventy-five Euros.” I grabbed a hundred from my back pocket and said, “Keep the change. Oh, is there any security around that can help with the media outside.” “Let me call them for you,” the man said as he turned to the phone and dialed a number. “Thank you,” said Reyna. I looked down at her, “What for?” “My room and don’t worry I’ll pay you back,” she said staring up at me. “Don’t worry about it,” I told her as the man behind the desk said, “They will be here in a minute.” With a thank you I moved away from the counter and went to lean against a pillar.

“Shit,” I said as I spotted Michael walking towards us. Reyna followed my gaze and said, “Holy crap! Michael Ballack!” “So you know who he is but not me,” I teased as I pulled her closer to me so that it appeared as if we were cuddling. “I knew who you were,” she whispered as Michael got closer. “I just didn’t think you would be in my bed.” “Might I remind you that it was my bed,” I answered back. She was about to tell me off but Ballack was within earshot so she put her arm around my waist and snuggled closer. I almost forgot how to breath as her warm body pressed against mine and I inhaled the scent of strawberries. “Lukas. When the hell did you get married? And why wasn’t I invited?” Michael said as he reached us. “It was last minute,” switching to English I said. “Reyna this is Michael, Michael this is Reyna.” “An American!” said Michael in surprise before turning to English. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Reyna. Lukas is a lucky man to have a wife as beautiful as you.” Reyna flushed red, “You’re to kind.” Michael smiled and asked, “I’m curious, how did you met?” “It was a few years ago. Lukas was in Chicago and we met there, then we saw each other again last night,” Reyna explained. I studied Michael’s face to see if he had believed our lie and it seemed that we had passed the test because he nodded. After a few more minutes of talking, Michael left but said he would see us tonight at the party. The security men arrived a few seconds later and we headed for the front entrance.

*Reyna POV*

I hoped that there weren’t as many media people as this morning or else we were going to be trampled. As we approached the door I saw that there were even more people. “Jesus Christ,” I say out loud as we get closer to the doors. Lukas gives me a reassuring squeeze and we exit the hotel. Immediately, the people go crazy. The cameras are flashing, blinding me which almost caused me to fall if not for the strong arms of my husband. The media is screaming at me in German and thrusting microphones in front of me. I nestle closer to Lukas a bit afraid and not knowing what to do. Lukas gives me an encouraging smile and tries to block some of the camera flashes. Occasionally, he says something in German as the security men make a path for us. Finally after what seems like hours, we reach Lukas’ car— a freaking Ferrari— and he leads me to the passenger side. I climb in and buckle my seatbelt as Lukas put our stuff in the back of the car and then got into the car. Turning on the ignition, some techno music comes on. Lukas lowered the volume and when the hotel security had made room for Lukas to navigate through, speed into the street and away from the hotel and the thousands of paparazzi and news crews.

“That went well,” Lukas said glancing at me with a twinkle in his eye. “I thought I was going to die,” I said. “I don’t know how you do it on a daily bases.” Turning onto the highway he replied, “It’s usually not that bad but with our sudden marriage we’re huge news.” After a few minutes of silence I look out the window at the country side. Germany was such a beautiful country! My eyes then wondered around the inside of the car, mainly at Lukas, and that was when I spotted the speed we we’re going at. “Are you crazy?” I cry grasping the handle at the side of the car, “You’re going at 140!” He laughed out loud and looked over at me. “Shit! Look at the road not me,” I cry but only make him laugh louder. “Don’t worry, Reyna. We all drive like this in Germany besides we’re much better drivers than Americans,” Lukas said confidently and flashed me a brilliant smile. Not convinced I say, “Well if we crash I’ll sue you.” “You can’t because technically my money is already yours,” he said seriously. “I don’t want your money,” I replied quietly. “I’m not doing this to get money from you.” “So am I to guess that Matt called you this morning,” Lukas said. I freeze, “What did you say?” “Matt, does he know that you’re married?” he repeated looking at me in confusion. “How do you know about him?” I ask in shock. “You told me about him last night.” “What did I say?” I ask nervously. “That you had dated him for a year, long distance and then he popped the question. Then last night he calls you to say it’s over and that he loves someone else,” Lukas said. “Oh,” I said. “I’m surprised you remembered that.” “What, you only thought I would remember the sex?” he said grinning. I blushed and turned up the volume of his music as he chuckled. “Yeah, he called me this morning and yelled at me,” I confessed. “Well don’t worry because we will make him very jealousy by the end of this,” Lukas replied as he turned right and exited into a small little town. He drove through a quiet village with shops and people walking around before turning right again. They entered an area where there were huge homes and then pulled into the drive way of one.

*Lukas POV*
I left the car in the drive way and got out, walking over and opening Reyna’s door and helped her out. She stared at my house for a few seconds before saying, “It’s huge!” I let her look at my house and went to fetch the bags. I had bought this house a few years ago with the money form my first two professional games. It was a large two level cream colored home with a pool and a large backyard for me to practice football in. Carrying the bags, I opened the front door and let Reyna enter. Living the bags by the door I took her on a tour.

There was two living rooms, the first was for important guests and had a neutral color tone but still very modern. The other was for everyday use and had a huge TV screen and two huge couches piled high with pillows. There was a gigantic shelf with tones of movies and CDs. There was also a door that led to the backyard where there was the pool and lounging chairs. The yard was fenced in and there were huge trees growing. Back inside there was the dinning room with a long table that could seat twelve and next to that was the huge kitchen with brown counters, a microwave, dishwasher, stove, and stored with tones of food. There was also a small table that could seat four for small meals. There was a bathroom and a game room with all the latest toys. The second floor contained my room, two guest rooms, and the den. I showed Reyna the den where there was my computer and a bookcase filled with novels. When she saw the books, she looked at the titles and then back at me with a surprised expression, “You’ve read these?” “Yeah. I don’t play football every hour of the day and just because I’m an athlete doesn’t mean I don’t have a brain,” I tell her as I lead her into the hall. “Sorry,” she says as she flushes a light red. I love when she did that; it made her look so young and innocent. Lastly, I took her into the room she would be staying in.

It was a small room compared to the others but was my favorite. It was painted lilac and had a huge bed in the middle of the room. The sheets were white and piled high with soft pillows. There was a small nightstand next to it with an alarm clock and a vase with purple roses. There was a white dresser and a door that led to a bathroom on the right wall. But the best feature of the room was double doors that led to the balcony and overlooked the backyard. Setting down her bag, I wait for Reyna’s reaction anxiously.

*Reyna POV*

I look around the room and can’t say anything. The other parts of the house where great, but I could tell that this room had been carefully planed. It was beautiful and relaxing. I turned t Lukas and said, “Thank you. It’s beautiful.” He smiled, “I’m glad you like it. Is there anything you need?” I twist my hands nervously and look him in the eyes, “Well, I don’t have a gown for this evening.” “No problem. I’ll have my agent call in a few favors and get you some dresses to choose from,” Lukas replied. “I’ll call you when they arrive; in the meantime I’ll leave you to your unpacking.” He turned to walk out of the room closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would Love Comments:D