Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Actors.

"I'm really glad you agreed to come out with me." Matt spoke, his hands deep in his jean pockets as he and Isabella walked around the mall.

She smiled softly, nodding her head. "I felt like I needed to get out of the house. I'm glad you called because my mom's been watching me like a hawk."

"Why's that?" The dark haired boy asked, stopping to keep into the window of PacSun.

Isabella inched closer to him, feeling some sort of comfort that he just wanted to talk.

He seemed to actually care what was on her mind as Alex had seemed when they first got together. Now, it seemed that all Alex wanted was her body. But Matt listened intently to her, asked questions, made her think. She wasn't sure if she knew him enough to share, but she felt comfortable around him. If he was such a good friend to the band, then he could be to her.

"I...I'm not normal."

At this, Matt chuckled. "Izzy, no one is so-called 'normal.'"

"No, I-I mean... I have Asperger's Syndrome."

Matt smiled softly, nodding his head.

He'd heard of the syndrome in his psychology textbook, but had never actually met anyone that had it. He'd figured that Isabella was a little off, but he didn't think she was Autistic. Still, he didn't mind. There was something so innocent about her that he adored. The way that she was so childlike and starryeyed was part of why he was attracted to her.

But now he understood why Alex found it so easy to take advantage of her. No matter how good a friend Alex was to him, Matt could not stand that he treated Isabella as he did. She may not have understood it, but she didn't deserve it. She wasn't stupid or slow, in fact, she was smarter than anyone gave her credit for. It upset him that Alex would try to hurt her so even if she didn't realize.

"I don't care." The older boy spoke. "Bells, you're perfect just the way you are."

The girl could feel her cheeks reddening. The only person who'd ever said that was her father, but he had to say that. She'd never felt perfect or that someone like Matt could think that of her. It was the biggest compliment she'd ever received.

Her whole body seemed to feel the joy from his words as she pulled him into a hug that was unexpected. He quickly wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. If she was any other girl, he'd think she was teasing him. The way her body felt against his and the way she smelt to tempting was unfair.

He didn't want to let go of her. He just wanted to hold her closer and treat her right. Prove to her that she was so much more than Alex gave her credit for... than she gave herself credit for. But, he had to, and she smiled at him as if he'd just told her the greatest news ever.

"Thanks Matt." She smiled, kissing his cheek.

He chuckled softly, his own blush falling upon his cheeks. No girl had ever affected him the way that Isabella Randall did. She didn't even realize what power she had over him. It was ridiculous, and yet, he didn't care. He wanted her to use it against him. He didn't mind falling for her further.

"I think I see the Disney Store!" Isabella grinned widely.

Yep, she was perfect.

Isabella giggled softly as Matt put a sparkley Minnie Mouse headband on her head to match the Mickey Mouse headband on his own. She thought it was fate that he loved Mickey as much as she loved Minnie. It was odd. Alex never mentioned that Matt liked Mickey... Alex didn't really care.

When she'd asked who his favorite Disney character was, Alex had said Donald Duck. He only liked him because of the funny voice though. It was an answer that bothered her. Of course, if she'd said anything, Alex would have told her it was stupid, so she didn't.

"So why is your mom so concerned about you?" Matt asked as he toyed with a Mickey plush doll.

Isabella sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I've never... had friends until Alex and Kara and the guys came into my life... and now that they... and you... you're all a part of my life..." She paused. "I think my parents think you're bad influences."

"Bella, I would never hurt you. You can trust me." Matt looked her directly in the eyes, taking her hands in his.

"I... I do." She sighed. "But I don't know."

"What about Alex?" He spoke quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"You... I'm sure he's a major influence to you, Iz."

"He cared about me and he said that... that couples who care about each other... d-do t-things, so I... I've been doing what he's asked, but I don't know if I like it."

"Have you slept with him yet?"

She shook her head.

"That asshole!" Matt groaned. "Isabella, you don't have to do any of that, you know that, right?"

"I have a feeling that things won't be as great as they are if I deny him, Matt. Alex cares about me. He's just taking care of me, right?"

The older boy frowned. "Oh Bella."

She held a Minnie doll closer to her chest. "Matt... Alex and I share a bond. I don't think you understand. His brother and my brother... they both killed themselves. Isn't that some sort of sign?"

Matt brought a hand to her face. "Izzy, you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"Not when all of his songs are about girls he's slept with, Matt! I have to prove myself worthy of him."

"He's not worthy of you!"

Isabella frowned, hugging the Minnie doll tightly as her eyes welled up in tears. She didn't understand why Matt had raised his voice at her, or why he continued to question her relationship with Alex. All she knew was that she didn't like the feeling that it made her feel. Sure, she'd felt inadequate when it came to Alex's sexcapades, but Matt had no business in the matter.

Seeing her get so emotional made Matt regret even bringing the topic up. He'd tried to be sensitive with it, but she didn't understand. He didn't want her to get hurt any further. He was doing this to help her even if she didn't understand. What was he supposed to do? He wasn't the heartthrob Alex was. He wasn't able to convince her that Alex wasn't with her because he actually cared about her... But still, Matt was sensitive to her and didn't want to break her heart. He didn't know what to do.

Isabella didn't know who to talk to. She couldn't talk to her parents, she couldn't talk to Kara or any of the guys and surely, she couldn't talk to Alex. It was times like this when she needed Travis most. She didn't know how she could speak to him though. There was nothing left of him to speak to. So instead, she held the Minnie stuffed animal he'd given her when she was a baby close to her chest as she pondered her conversation with Matt.

She didn't really like the way he had spoken to her. Perhaps it was merely the topic that had left her so sensitive. Matt hadn't said anything vicious to her. He had been more than sensitive and careful with her. He had smiled sadly and touched her delicately. He hadn't meant to hurt her as he did. She didn't know him that well, but she knew that he was a good person.

Being so close to Matt had frustrated her and she knew that Alex would love to be the one who got all of her aggression taken out on. But if she did that, wasn't she proving Matt right? She was too upset to care as her fingers dialed Alex and she asked him over. Of course he accepted immediately.

He was there in record time, and she cuddled against his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-you care about me, right, Al?"

"Of course I do." He held her closer.

"So if we have sex... it won't change anything."

His eyes widened. "Y-you've been thinking about it."

"Well, yeah. I just... I feel like I'm holding out on you."

Alex chuckled softly. He knew she'd come around eventually. He kissed her softly, trying to calm her doubts. He almost felt badly about what he was doing to her. It was funny that she was so blindly trusting of him when he'd never given her real reason to.

He knew that Isabella felt closer to him than she'd admit. That she cared about him more than she'd admit. He wished that he didn't feel this need to fool and betray her. But it was something he couldn't stop. He cared about her to some extent, but she was just a challenge. She was just another girl to him. No matter how much he wished things could be different, they weren't.

"I didn't mean right now, Al. I'm just asking." She spoke as he reached for her shirt.

The boy chuckled, swiftly moving ontop of her and kissing her roughly. A small moan escaped from her throat as they kissed. She wasn't sure she liked the way he was handling things. She wasn't sure the way he had her pressed against the bed was comfortable to her. But she didn't think she could stop him if she tried.

Alex was too lust driven to care. He'd tried to be patient, but she was still clinging to her virginity as if it mattered. She should be glad to get rid of it so when she found someone she loved, she'd know what to do.

"Alex, hold on." Isabella spoke.

"Bella," He groaned. "Don't do this."

"Alex, I don't want to do this yet." She told him quietly. "Please?"

He sighed, rolling off of her and resting against her pillow. "Iz, I'm trying, but its getting hard to be patient."

"I know, but its special to me..." She spoke quietly. "It means something... I can only give my virginity once. You probably think its foolish, but I don't."

Alex smiled with a closed mouth. He knew she wasn't going to give into him tonight. He just hoped that he wouldn't have to wait much longer. It was slowly killing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? There are almost eighty of you subscribed and I would LOVE to hear what you think.