Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Shut Your Face

Isabella followed Kara to the bathroom like a lost puppy. She didn’t know why she was supposed to go along with her to the bathroom because she didn’t have to go. But still, she went along with it.

Kara sighed, standing in front of the sink, fixing her hair while Isabella kept her gaze on the girl.

“Izzy, we all really like you, and I am glad to have another girl in our group.”

She smiled. “I’m glad.”

“You and Alex are getting close, right?”

“I really like him… I think. I just-“

“You liked kissing him.” Kara spoke with a grin.

“Y-yeah.”

“He’s a great guy… just be careful.”

“Careful?”

The brunette bit the inside of her lower lip. “Alex likes girls.. .A lot. And girls… tend to fall for his charms.”

Isabella didn’t understand. She gave her a confused look that caused Kara to sigh.

“Alex tends to use girls.”

“Use girls? Kara, what are you talking about?”

“He sweettalks girls into sex and then-“

“Kara, I’m not going to-“ Her voice dropped to a whisper. “Have sex.”

“I’m just saying… be careful with Alex. Keep your guard up.”

Isabella didn’t understand, but she nodded as if she did. Why would Kara even worry about that? There was no way that Alex would treat her like all the other girls.

Alex seemed totally harmless, and she didn’t know why there was concern there. But Kara knew him a whole lot better than she did. Still, he couldn't have expected her to be like the other girls.

"I don't understand your concern, but I appreciate it." Isabella spoke quietly.

Kara sighed. "I know."

"I'll take your word for it though. Thank you, Kara."

"Anytime."

"Alex," Isabella spoke quietly. "I...I want to go home."

He had sobered up a bit since she'd left his side, but she wasn't sure he could drive. Still, it wasn't like she could drive. She didn't have her license, and, even so, she wasn't totally sober herself. But Alex had a lot of experience driving under the influence.

"Okay." He spoke. "Want to say goodbye to everyone first?"

She nodded, following him to where his friends were standing against the adjacent wall. Kara smiled, hugging Isabella first and telling her that she was always welcome to join them. Jack groped her sloppily, causing the girl to raise her eyebrows at Alex, who just shrugged. Zack wasn't quite as touchy, giving her a stiff hug and then Rian gave her a bear hug as well.

Alex led her to the car, opening the door for her and placing a soft kiss on her lips. She smiled, buckling her seatbelt as he rounded the car to get in the drivers seat.

"So you had fun?"

"Yes. You did too?"

"I did. I'm glad you came."

"Thanks for inviting me... I can't believe my parents let me go."

"T-they don't know it was a party, Iz. Go upstairs and watch a movie or something."

Isabella didn't understand that Alex hadn't told her parents their exact plans. She'd never lied or spoken back to her parents, so she couldn't understand the rebellion. But she would follow Alex's orders.

If her parents had caught alcohol on her breath, she'd never be able to see Alex again. She hadn't really figured the problems that would go along with it, but still. It wasn't something her mind could even consider.

"I'm gonna kiss you goodnight."

Isabella smiled softly as he leaned forward, kissing her softly. She expected it to get deeper as their kiss had been at the party, but it wasn't. The kiss was gentle, and shorter than she would have liked, but Alex didn't want her parents to have any reason not to trust him.

Isabella may not have known what Alex was like, or what he was capable of, but she couldn't believe it. She and Alex had settled into what seemed like a relationship to her. He considered it casual, that they were just "hanging out," but that wasn't something Isabella could understand.

There was nothing about their relationship that Isabella would have considered "casual." And even though her parents still were a bit apprehensive of Alex's intentions with their daughter, they were beginning to give him leverage. Even though they had to leave the door to her bedroom open.

Isabella didn't understand what all the concern was, but it didn't really bother her. She trusted Alex, but that was because she was so easily trusting. He was getting into her good graces, and that was something he could work with.

"So, Aladdin?" He asked as she leaned into him, with the remote in hand.

"Mmhmm. Its my current favorite."

"Jack likes Aladdin too, but that's because Aladdin is Arab."

She raised an eyebrow. "That's sort of funny."

They began watching the movie, but they didn't watch for long. Soon lips were attached, and skin was touching. Alex kissed her in an aggressive manner that left her breathless. She'd always thought of being kissed like in the old movies. She'd never expected to be left totally breathless, but she was.

And then clothing started to go. Only her sweater and his hoodie, but it was a step forward. Alex's hands made their way under her shirt, creeping their way up her back. Still, she didn't stop him. He smiled, breaking away so that they could breathe.

"A-Alex," Isabella breathed, moving his hands from her shirt. "We should go back to the movie."

He nodded.

One step at a time...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?