Status: Hiatus; being pre-written

Sheffield Skyline

And You Love The Way I Take Your Breath Away

It was still early in the morning when a guy stepped out from his house, closing the door behind him as he shut his eyes, pretending that he didn’t hear anything behind him. His parents’ voices were still echoed and beamed out through the teak front door. He rushed down the steps and hugged his body tighter after putting the hoodie of his jacket over his head. The cold wind blew through him and he couldn’t believe that it was already fall.

The sky was dusky and grey even though it was only 7.30 in the morning. He licked his chapped lips and pursed them because of the cold. The neighborhood was still quiet, probably people wouldn’t come out because of the cold and windy weather. After a few minutes of walking, he spotted his band mates, sitting on the steps of Lee Malia’s house.

“Yo Oli!”, Matt Nichols noticed his friend and vocalist of their band and stood up to greet him. Oli smiled a little as he raised his fist, bumping fists with Matt. “Want a cig?”

Oli nodded and took the cigarette, light it up and took a long drag as he sat down next to Lee. He stayed quiet and the chatter of his friends were like muffled and muted to him. The only thing in his mind was about his family. His brothers were worried about him after he got dumped by his previous girlfriend and his parents were fighting non-stop for weeks.

He blew out the smokes and watched as it disappeared into thin air. The cigarette was held between his index and middle finger as he tapped on it, letting some ashes fell onto the concrete sidewalk. His brown eyes wandered around across the street when she walked by.

Her honey blonde hair was messy because of the wind, but it didn’t make her look weird or bad. Her skin was fair and her legs were long and toned, wrapped in a thin tights, making Oli wondered; what’s under her skirt? He shook his head, shaking the dirty thoughts as well. She stopped at her track and took a look at the map in her hands.

Matt Kean’s wolf whistle snapped Oli out of his thoughts. Matt was teasing the blond across the street, the one Oli gazed on. “Nice arse!”, He shouted through his cupped hands around his lips.

Oli looked back to the girl who was now stare at his friend with wide eyes and a frown. Her cheeks were a shade of red from embarrassment. She rolled her bright blue eyes and stomped her way off. Oli stood up, not wanting to lose her. He ran across the street, gaining some more wolf whistles and teases from his friends as he caught up with the girl.

“Oi! Oi! I’m sorry about me mate.”, he said as he finally walked next to the girl.

The girl held her head up and Oli took a sharp breath before holding it. Her eyes were brighter from up close. “It’s fine. I’m just being moody this morning. I shouldn’t be a bitch.”

“You’re not from around here?”, Oli asked, noticing that she didn’t have any accent.

Her eyes widened and she smiled a little. “I just moved from New York.”

“Oh, you’re from America?”

She nodded. “Yeah. I’m Melanie, by the way. It’s so rude of me to not introduce myself.”, she held her hand out.

Oli stare at her hand for a few seconds before taking it and shook hands with her. “Oliver.”

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Oliver. I have to go to school.”, Melanie took her hand back and smiled before turning on her heels, walking away.

“Oi, wait up!”, Oli exclaimed before jogging to Melanie’s spot. She stopped again and raised a brow. “I can walk you to school and show you around.”

“You want to?”, she asked, half surprised. Oli nodded and Melanie shifted her weight before nodding in agreement. Oli’s lips turned into a smile and he shoved his hands into his pocket as he led the way.

They talked about a lot of basic things and found out that they had a lot in common. Oli couldn’t take off his eyes from her. She had the most amazing laugh and her voice was like music. When they were already in front of her bricked wall school, she sighed and crossed her arms.

“It looks the same like my school back in New York.”, she muttered. “I still don’t get it why my mom still wants me to go to a private school.”

“Your mum wants the best for you.”, Oli replied while his eyes were still glued on her.

Melanie pursed her lips to the side and looked at Oli. “Can you pick me up and walk me home later? I don’t know why, but I feel really comfortable with you.”

Oli’s heart skipped a beat and nodded without anymore thoughts. Melanie smiled widely before walking up the steps and disappeared into the double doors of her school.
♠ ♠ ♠
so,i'm sorry for the short chapter,i always suck at first chapters
this is for Mel,she's awesome and this is my birthday present for her:)
anyway,comment/subscribe?
<3