Status: Occasionally updated. Not too often.

I Can Use Some Guiding Light

For Jimmy

“...I think we should record this album,” Matt finished his statement.

Everyone's jaws dropped, except for Val's, who had her arm around Matt's, comforting him. How can we record this album without Jimmy? There's no way. We can't step foot into a recording studio without him. Who would play his part? We can never replace him in this band...he started it with us.

When only receiving silence, Matt continued, “Jimmy helped us write this album. He put his heart into this music for the fans to hear. You know how excited he was to put out this album and how he said this album would change the world. We need to put this album out...for Jimmy. So he can be remembered...forever.”

No one said a word. No one really knew what to say.

“Matt...you're not saying that we...we should replace him...are you?” Johnny questioned, his eyes wide.

Matt quickly shook his head, “My God, of course not.”

The room returned to complete silence, everyone still in shock over Matt's idea.

Breaking the silence, Zack finally said something, tears about to escape his eyes, “But...Matt...how can we do it? All of the stuff he laid down weren't professional at all...it was all on the drum machine. Who could possibly play his part?”

Matt put his head down and sighed, “I really don't know...but, don't you think Jimmy would've wanted us to do this for him?”

We all nodded, tears beginning to pour down our cheeks from the mere thought of entering that recording studio without our brother. For the first time while I was with these guys, I had someone to comfort me as I cried that actually cared. Allison wrapped her arms around me and gently rubbed my back.

She whispered in my ear, “It's okay, Bri. He's watching over you all right now. I think he'd want you to do something to keep his memory alive.”

I felt a small smile form on my face. I'm so lucky to have Allison with me. I whispered back into her ear, “Thank you so much, Allison.”

She pulled away from me a bit and that smile that always gives me some sense of hope. I embraced her tightly, a smiling forming on my face. This girl is really amazing. We pulled apart from our hug and the room was silent again. Fuck, this is killing everyone just to think about.

Zack sighed, “I...I think Matt's right...Jimmy wouldn't want us to be just sitting around and being sad. He'll always be here with us...in everything we do...”

“We can't be like this forever...,” Johnny added.

Matt nodded, “We need to try to start living again.”

“Let's do this. For Jimmy,” Zack told us.

We all agreed, “For Jimmy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn...it's almost been a year :/
It's been rough...but we've made it.
Oh, another story idea: link
Tell me if you like it? Just wondering before I start posting.