Status: Just starting.

She Whispers, He Screams

Chapter 3

“Well… You sure did a damn well job killing her.”

“Of course I did,” Tobi laid his hand on my shoulder. “Looks like a suicide huh? I cover up my tracks well.”

I turned around and pushed his hand off. “No. You didn’t cover up your tracks. My protectors did. They were the ones that made it look like a suicide with all those scratches everywhere. Which is exactly what she was put in there for; excessively scratching.” You could hear the caretakers finally find Courage. “That’s why she wore those gloves that covered the top of her fingers. You couldn’t get them off unless you used a trick. Of course, my beings can do much more than you can imagine so… I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.

“So you better count your blessings and hope to God they don’t figure out you killed her.”

He rolled his eyes. “Technically you killed her… well, your ‘beings’ killed her. I wonder why she got back up…” I could see he was in deep thought so I got up and peeked out the door crack.

Tons of patients were gathered at their door, staring at Courage’s room; you could clearly see all the blood splattered on the door window. I opened my door a little more.

“Is everything okay?” I called down the hallway.

They completely ignored me.

“You caused quite the trouble, Tobi.”

He leaned back on my bed, hands behind his head. “Ah, who cares? I won’t be here long anyway.”

Keeping my eyes on him, I slid down the door and sat. “How do you figure?”

He closed his eyes, grinning. “I know ways.” He opened one eye, staring at me basically till I just looked away. “Look, sweetheart,” My head jerked up, coming face-to-face with Tobi’s, “They think I just like blood. No one believes vampires are real. I mean… You didn’t the first time I told you, hence the huge argument we had.”

“Okay… then how do you expect to get yourself out of here?”

“With the help of you.” He grinned.

“You’re kidding me.”

“No joke.

“And how exactly do you expect me to help you get out of thirty security doors plus just plain security?”

Tobi laughed; Out of my eye I saw one of the workers glance over.

I slapped my hand over his mouth and pushed him back. “Shut up! You’re not
supposed to be in my room. What if they come?” I looked back out the door and noticed one worker making her way over to my door. “Tobi, someone’s coming! Nice job, loud mouth.”

He smirked.

The door opened and one of the big nurses came in. I kept my head down, still sitting on the floor a little far away from the door because of pushing Tobi.

“What was that just now?” the nurse said. She looked like a whale, honestly. A big, fat, manly whale.

“What are you talking about?” I stated blandly, looking over at Tobi. What the hell was he doing?

The nurse bent down, grabbing the top of my arm. “I heard it. I’m not deaf, girl.”

I cringed; her grip was getting tighter. “Honestly, I do not know what you are talking about.”

Her head whipped in the direction of the desk, where now Tobi was sitting. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion, but she soon diverted her gaze back to me. Before leaving the room, she dug her nails into my skin, swiping them over the top. The door slammed. She finally left.

I examined my newly scratched arm; I’m going to start calling her Claws. “How come she didn’t see you?” I asked Tobi.

“One of the perks of being a vampire. It’s basically just like a chameleon. It helps sometimes… depends who you’re with.”

“And I saw you because…?”

“You believe in vampires… or at least saw my identity. So obviously, that chick doesn’t believe in vampires.” He pumped his fist into the air. “Woo hoo!”

I grimaced. “What was that?”

His face turned as red as a brick wall. “Uh… my victory cheer?”

“You didn’t seem all that thrilled when saying it.”

“What, do I have to be per—”

The door flew open. “I knew someone else was in here!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortish. Getting to the point somewhere. Hah, and ooh. Cliffhanger :p Yeah... I'll update soon again. By the way, I'll be having another story coming up on here that I will be posting on here. My friend and I are going to write it so... I'll be posting it. It's in Italy! :D Okay, I've bored you enough. Bye!