I Want Someone to Love Me for Who I Am

Un / Un

“I’m so sorry, Nick.” Bri looked into the camera. I already knew by the vacant look on her face what she was about to do. “I can’t be with you anymore, Nick.” There were loud ‘boos’ from the live audience. With my HD surround sound, I felt like I was there. And it wasn’t a good feeling.

“Why ?” I could see the pain in Nick’s face, feel his heart breaking. Oh how I wished I could be there for him.

“You need someone to love you, Nick. Someone who loves you for who you are.” A tear slipped down Bri’s face and I wanted to be sick. How could she do this to him and act like it was actually hurting her ? “That can’t be me, Nick. I’m so, so sorry.”

I knew Bri could be cold hearted when it came to beak-ups, but national TV ? That was a little harsh. There was a really long pause; Nick didn’t say anything. The silence was killing me and I really wanted to call Bri, find out why she was doing this.

“Who is it ?” Nick yelled loudly, standing up. The camera surveyed the looks on the faces of the fans in the audience. All looked horrified. I know I was. In all the years I had known Nick, I had never seen him like this.

“Nick, don’t. You need to watch your blood sugar.” Bri looked genuinely concerned about his health, but even I knew that was a look an actress could fake.

“Who is it ?” Nick repeated. I was starting to get worried. I hadn’t talked to Nick or Bri for the past couple of days. I didn’t know how they were doing. This could have been the breaking point for Nick.

I turned my thoughts back to the TV. “Joe.....” Joe who ? I wondered. She couldn’t mean Joe from our school, could she ?

“Joe ? Joe who ?” Nick demanded. I hated to see the look on his face.

“Your brother Joe.”

There was a gasp from the crowd as well as me as Nick turned over a side table. “My brother ?! You’re leaving me for my brother ?

He looked so hurt, so angry. That’s when he started to fall and they immediately cut to commercial. I grabbed my keys and iPhone before running out the door. I hopped in my car and pulled out of the drive way. I headed for the studio, calling Mrs. Jonas.

“Mrs. Jonas ! I’m on my way to the studio. I saw what happened.” Even I could hear the panic in my voice. What if he wasn’t okay ?

“Hurry Taira. I’ll have Big Rob wait for you so he can escort you to the hospital. The ambulance is coming, so I have to go.”

Panic mode. I could feel the tears coming. “Okay.

I hung up and texted Bri. If anything happened to Nick, she was going to die. What the fuck ?

I stepped on the gas. When I pulled up to the studio I went to the passenger side so that Big Rob could drive. We got to the hospital and there were so many fans crowding the area. That’s why Mrs. Jonas wanted me to have an escort.

I was hysterical by the time we got out of the car. Some fans faces mirrored mine, while others didn’t quite know what was going on. There were a lot of photogs and reporters there. So many were asking me questions.

Who was I ?

Why was I with Nick’s body guard ?

Who was I to Nick ?

That certainly was a good question. I don’t know how Nick would have answered that. I would have told them that I was someone who knew Nick since we were really little. I was someone who cared about him. I was someone who loved him.

As we got into the hospital a nurse came up to us and gave us two passes to be in the hospital. She said that nick was on the 6th floor in room 13. Instead of waiting for the elevator, I ran up all six flights of stairs. My heart was pounding and I was so scared.

As I got to the sixth floor I was out of breath. I grabbed my inhaler from my bag and then I was ready to go. I rounded the corner to room 13. I could see everyone crowded around Nick’s bed through the little window.

I slowly opened the door and walked in. “Nick...”I breathed. He looked so pale and broken. There was a heart monitor hooked up to him as well as a couple other machines. He smiled at me and Joe and Kevin moved out of the way so I could stand by his bed. I leant down and gave him a gentle hug. I was trying so hard not to cry.

“Can you guys give us a couple minutes ?” Nick asked. Everyone but Bri left. “You too.” He said. He didn’t even bother to be polite about it, and I didn’t blame him. He patted the bed, and I sat down on the edge.

He grabbed my hand and smiled at me. “Don’t be so worried, I’m gonna be fine.”

I tried to smile, but I just couldn’t. Then the tears started coming. “Nick... I...” I wanted to tell him so bad.

He reached up and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. “The doctor says I will only be here for a few days. Please don’t cry over me, I’m not going anywhere.”

I nodded, and sat on the stool so I could give him a propped hug. I layed my head down on the bed, on his chest, but to where I could still look at him. “I was so worried, Nick. I didn’t know if you were okay or not. I was ready to kill Bri.”

He laughed a little. “You couldn’t kill a fly, Taira. Don’t worry about Bri. I knew we wouldn’t last. I just didn’t figure she would leave me for my brother.” He looked sad again and I could feel my heart twist in pain.

“I’m sorry...” I whispered. I didn’t know what more to say. “Nick, there is something I have to tell you.” Now that part, I didn’t expect to come out.

“You can tell me anything, love.”

I nodded. “Okay. So you are my best friend. I would do anything for you and put you before anyone in my life. I don’t know what I would do without you. Nick, I love you. So much. I love you with all of my heart and seeing the look on your face when Bri said everything killed me. Not knowing if you were okay made me hysterical. Everything that happened today made me realize just how much I love you.”

He looked at me, kind of shocked. When he didn’t say anything, I got up. I felt his hand close around my wrist and I looked back at him.

“I love you, too.”

I smiled the biggest smile ever as he pulled me over to him and gave me a sweet kiss. It was nothing like I had ever experienced and nothing I would experience with anyone but him.

“AWWWWW,” We broke apart, both blushing, to see his family standing in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you go !
I have to say that this story was something I've never written before. Like the style.
Taira Rose, is based of my actual friend.
Her mibba link is in the summary.

Comments ? <3

Xxoo,
Bridgette