Addictions Between Secrecy And Desire.

Celebration Attacks

Jade looked down at his empty cup of bitter remains. Something just didn’t seem right. They had done an amazing job at the show. He actually felt like he tried this time. No, it never did matter if he tried or not. He actually just wanted to.

A somewhat young man came towards their table. It was Mike, the café owner. Those were always the most intense moments. You either did dreadfully bad or remarkably good. In any case, you still got paid. Sure, that mattered mainly to Davey. He had been planning something clandestine for the past few months. He never spent the money.

“You guys were just incredible. I’ve never seen y’all so worked up. What made tonight so ‘special‘?” Mike gave a final laugh and walked off. Adam grinned.

“You know they liked me better.”

Hunter scoffed, “It was all Davey and Jade. All those girls were practically drooling over them. Any idea why, Adam?” He gave him a nudge but stopped when Davey shot them a look. Most of their fan’s little “assumptions” were complete shockers. It made Davey sick.

“Get a life.” He almost made it out the back door, but the friggin’ envelope just had to fall out. Shit.

Hunter was the first one to pick it up, “What the hell? Davey, I thought we told you secrets don’t make friends. We‘ve had this talk with you before and—damn.” He read the words “Invierno de amour. “ out loud. Adam seemed confused but Jade just looked up, perplexed and a bit entertained.

“What does that mean? I can‘t even pronounce it.” Hunter raised an eyebrow as a short strand of hair fell across his face.

Davey ran for the envelope and walked carefully back towards the door, “Google it.” And with that, he left out the back door. Adam tried not to laugh but Jade couldn’t hold it in.

“Idiots.” Jade stood up and shook his head as he stalked off behind Davey. He didn’t get very far. The door opened suddenly, but it wasn’t Davey coming back. It didn’t even look human for a second.

What the hell?

Jade stared right into his coal eyes. Hunter and Adam saw a strange man but Jade saw something more. With that single glance, everything crashed down on him. It couldn’t be. Not Davey.

Hunter had seen enough and hurried over next to Jade. The man quickly made his way out the door again, the hood of his jacket nearly exposing his face in the wind. Adam joined them as soon as Jade collapsed, back against the now closed door.

“Jade?” Hunter motioned for Adam to get his coat.

“We have to go, now.” Jade had trouble breathing. His words came out slurred, as if drunk. Adam and Hunter just stared, confused. They were startled as soon as Jade finally yelled out, “Now!”

Damn, this isn’t a fucking music video. This time, it’s real.

The streets were empty. Perfect. But the ambiance was cold and breezy, too dry for October in California. The moon was half full, gray and gleaming. It didn’t matter anyways. There was no way they’d find Davey in such a huge city. Not even in daylight. Not even in summer.

Then, the forest came into view. At least it wasn’t a bridge.

But, there was a lake in the forest. It was no small lake either. Just big enough for anyone to drown in. Just big enough for anyone with a thoughtless excuse at night.

Why would he even think about doing this?

For one instant, there was only silence. No one thought about how violent silence could be. Blaring through thoughts without planning. Making suicide much more extreme.

And I’ll beg for forgiveness.