Status: slowly re-writing.

Absolutely Ruined

Reminiscing

I sat in my room crying for god knows how many hours. Then I started thinking about the times while I was growing up. All the happy memories I had at this house. Even all the sad memories that Alister had caused. He was the reason behind most of the sad ones. Except I couldn't get one particular memory out of my head. It was just after I had turned 7 years old. Or maybe it was my 7th birthday, either way it was around the same time.

*Flashback*
It was snowing outside, and everything was all sparkly and magical looking. I wanted nothing more than to go play in the snow and run around the back yard. Of course, my parents wouldn't let me. They were too worried I'd get sick, and it was already getting dark out by the time I had asked them to go out.

Instead of listening to them, I put all my winter gear on and snuck outside. I was having the best time of my life by myself playing in the snow. I had already managed to make myself 3 snowmen and was already building myself a fort. I heard the back door slide open, and figured it was my parents. Not turning around, I continued to work on my fort like I didn't hear the door open.

It wasn't my parents or my brothers though. It was the last person I wanted to see in that moment. Alister.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly, glaring at him. My tiny 7 year old hand clenching into fists. I wanted to punch him so badly for ruining my good mood.
"Nothing. I just wanted to come help you." Alister smiled hesitantly. It confused me, because he was never nice to me any other time before.
"Why? You're always mean to me." I said quietly.
"That's why I wanted to come out here. I'm sorry Bella." Alister said.
"No you're not. You never are Ali. Just leave me alone. I was having fun until you came out here." I said, continuing to build my fort.
"I really am sorry. Can I just play with you? You looked like you were having a lot of fun before. Please?" Ali begged. I gave in to the pout he had on his face. I couldn't never say no more than once.
"Alright, just please don't be mean to me this one time." I pleaded.
"I won't I promise." Ali smiled brightly.

The two of us had been playing outside in the snow for at least a couple hours now. Surely my parents had noticed I was missing. I was just hoping they wouldn't be mad at me for coming outside. It was getting pretty dark outside, and getting colder by the minute. I had been having so much fun with Alister building snowmen and our fort. I never ever thought I'd be having this much fun with him of all people. He was always so mean to me. This time he was different though. I don't know why he was so nice to me.

"Bella?" Ali asked, just standing by one of the snowmen staring at me.
"Yeah Ali?" I replied, not opening my eyes as I was making my snow angel.
"When we're older will you marry me?" Ali asked seriously. I was shocked, I didn't know what to say. I'm only 7 years old.
"Umm, okay!" I smiled. I jumped up and hugged him tightly.

At that moment my parents decided to come out. They were all excited and took a picture of Ali and I hugging. I was annoyed to no end. They just ruined a perfectly good moment where Ali was actually being nice to me.
"Time to come in now Bells and Ali. It's cold and dark out now. What were you two thinking?" My mom said trying to be stern, but the big smile on her face said otherwise.
"Let's go." Ali whispered in my ear. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. I smiled shyly at him, my cheeks turning pinker than they already were from the cold.

We went inside hand in hand. I was kind of embarrassed to be holding my big brother's best friend's hand. Even though I felt happy that Ali was being so nice to me for once. My mom made us both hot chocolate, and we watched movies the rest of the night. Ali held my hand the whole time, until we fell asleep together on the couch.

*EndFlashback*

That night was the very first and last time Alister was ever nice to me. I swear he got even worse after that. The part I hated most about it all is that my mother took a bunch of pictures of Alister and I together that night. She even got double copies of every photo of us too. Since she had a special photo album of us, granted it was super small. Then there were the pictures of us in frames all over the house. It was nauseating to me now to even think that I had a little crush on Alister back then. I learned my lesson though when I realized he never changed, and went back to his old ways.

No guy like that can ever change. Not when that's how they've been their whole life. It's just an impossible to even think that they could. Being an asshole was hardwired into their brain. Alister Wells would always be a complete dick to me. No point in hoping he will ever change. Even if I'm going to be stuck with him as a husband. I wanted to puke at that thought. Husband.. Wife.. Marriage? How is this even going to work?
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this a while ago. I thought it was quite cute at the time, and I still do. Hopefully, I'm not the only one. But thanks for reading so far. I'll try and get chapters 7 & 8 up tomorrow, since they're almost done. If not tomorrow, then they'll but up on monday for sure. I'm not too sure when I'll have chapter 9 up though! :D