Status: In progress... kind of.

A Sunrise on the East Side

Chapter 8

READ. Please. You can stand under my umbrella if you do.

--

I didn't call Allison until the next morning.

"Soo... you figured them out?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure I got them."

"Which ones?"

"Circles and Coffee Shop Soundtrack." I answered.

"Yup, those are the ones. What do you think?" She asked.

"I like Circles but Coffee Shop seems kind of harsh... I'm still not fully sure how it's about me."

"You'll have to talk to Alex about that one. We're all still confused too." I could see Allison shrugging.

"I guess."

"Hey, do you think you could pick up Elijah today when you go to get Grayer?" Allison asked.

"Sure, I'm sure they'll be fine with hanging out today. When will you be around to pick Eli up?" I asked, while I threw all my stuff into my purse and walked out of my room.

"Probably around nine or so... it's just Zack is taking me out to dinner tonight for a, uh, special night if you know what I mean and our babysitter is out of town." Alli explained.

"Allison Kristine Pinciotti! You dirty girl!" I laughed. "Ahaha, but that sounds good. You two lovebirds have fun," I laughed again and dropped my purse on the counter in the kitchen before going to Grayer's room. It was seven in the morning and Grayer had to be at school at eight.

"Whatevvvver, Athena, well I have to get Eli ready and then head to work at GK so I'll see you tonight!" Allison said.

"Mmhm, byebye." I hung up. "Grayer? You getting ready?"

"Yes! But don't come any closer! I'm getting dressed!" Grayer shouted and I retreated out of the room. Mrs. X was either already gone, sleeping or in her office. It didn't matter, but I noticed that I never saw her in the morning and I would have liked to tell her about Eli coming over, but I was sure she wouldn't mind.

I heard Grayer's door open and he was dressed in his school uniform. "Nice job, buddy."

"I'm hungry, Nanny."

Nanny? Where did that come from? "Okay, Gray, what do you want?"

"Can I have eggs and ham?"

I nodded. "Scrambled or fried?"

"Scrambled!"

"Okay, you can go chill while I make it. I'll call you when it's ready." Luckily, eggs and ham was one of the things I could actually make pretty damn well.

"ATHEEEENA." I heard shouting from behind a door and I recognized the voice instantly.

I rolled my eyes and Grayer stared at me, confused, as I walked to the door. I looked back at him and mouthed Jack and he just nodded.

I opened the door and Jack fell into the apartment, Alex and Rian standing behind him rolling their eyes.

"What are you three doing up this early?" I asked as I turned around to go back to the kitchen. I could feel Alex's eyes on me and I knew he was checking me out. I had put on some short shorts and a racerback tank top from Warped Tour a couple years back, when All Time Low was on the tour. I had avoided their set/signing/fan base the whole entire day. I was there to see the bands that I liked and actually wanted to see.

But my hair was back in a ponytail and I was pretty tan. I didn't worry about it though, Alex had always been one to stare.

"Matt woke us up early." Rian explained as they followed me into the kitchen.

"Ahh, I see."

"OOH! Eggs and ham! I want some!" Jack shouted and Grayer came running into the kitchen.

"Those are my eggs!" He glared at Jack who widened his eyes.

"Whoa, dude, sorry." He apologized to me. "Someone's a little territorial about their eggs..." he whispered to me and I laughed.

"I'll make you some, Jack, after I finish with Grayer's. Hey, Gray, what do you want to drink?"

"Orange juice." He said as he walked out of the kitchen again.

"Could someone pour that please?" I asked and I was actually hoping Alex or Rian would do it but Jack beat them to it.

"I'll do it!" He exclaimed and grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge and got a glass out of a cupboard too. He shook the carton and the cap flew off, leading the orange juice to fly out of the carton and onto the floor right by my feet so I slipped. But my hand was still on the handle of the pan so all of the eggs and ham went flying. As I fell, I hit my head on the ground. Here I was, lying on the kitchen floor, my head throbbing and eggs and orange juice covering me.

"Jaaaack! I am going to KILL you."

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, it's weird, whatever. Imma likin' it. All of a sudden I was just like -- someone needs to get hurt! So let's make Jack responsible for it. And then it kind of went from there. Hope you liked it though :) -jos.