Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

You're My Wonderwall (Part 1)

The next few days I kept myself busy by running errands. I was finally getting used to my new car so I always tried to get out of the house as much as possible with a good enough excuse so my parents can give me gas money. They sent me out to pay bills, get our puppies groomed, and clothes dry cleaned. Being this busy, I hadn’t had time to call up Pat like I normally do. My mom, on the other hand, was always calling him at least 3 times a day.

“Norah, Patrick wants to talk to you!” She called out to me once.

I walked passed her and shook my head. “Tell him I’m asleep.”

After I had picked up my mom’s dry cleaning, I made a lunch stop at Chipotle. I ordered my usual: Burrito with half carnitas and half chicken, extra rice, black beans, lettuce, extra sour cream, mild sauce, and guacamole. Every time I was with the guys, they were always amazed at how much I could eat at Chipotle. They also knew my order by heart so when I couldn’t stop by the store with them they knew exactly what I want.

“Thank you,” I said to the lady as I got my order and found a seat. I sat at an empty table that was next to the window. The place was pretty full and people looked at me weirdly for being by myself.

I ate my burrito in peace, until I my phone started ringing.

Tim Kirch

“What?” I answered, with burrito still in my mouth.

Tim laughed, “Hello to you to Nor, what are you doing?”

“I’m at Chipotle. Eating. Can you call me back later? Or at least let me call you back?

I heard Tim eating as well. “No, I need to talk to you right now.”

“Oh my God just tell me please. I’m fucking starving.” I groaned into the end of the phone. I placed my burrito back on a napkin and took a sip of my soda.

“Okay, okay. Well the last Warped date is coming up and it’s ending around Texas this time. The guys and I were wondering if you wanted to join us as we drove down there. Basically what I’m trying to say is that… can you just please come back and finish Warped with us?”

“No.” I said.

Tim whined, “But Norah, you have too. Vito is going to Maryland for the rest of the summer and we need another merch person. No one is willing to do it.”

“What about Aaron?”

“He’s a lazy bitch who just wants to tech.” He said, laughing.

I sighed. “What about Moose. He doesn’t even do anything while the guys play the shows.”

“He left a few days ago to California.”

“Where are you guys now?” I asked, taking another bite of my food. I looked up and around to only see a few guys staring at me, winking and smiling. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my food.

“We are currently in Salt Lake City. We’re driving back down to Arizona tomorrow and the Dallas show is in three days. Come on Norah…”

He sounded pretty desperate, but he said they were coming tomorrow and I wasn’t even ready to see them. I was down to be their merch girl for the last show if that meant I didn’t have to look at or even talk to Garrett. But then again, Tim was my brother and even though he was a pain in the ass, he was my brother and I couldn’t say no to these crazy trips and moments.

I thought about it before I was say it. I took a moment and finally said, “Fine. I’ll do it. Just tell me what time you guys are expected to be home.”

On the other end, Tim was cheering and then within a few seconds, I heard the rest of the guys cheer too.

“Norah, this is Pat! You rock and I miss you so much and I love you so much! You’re the best sister ever, seriously.”

“Okay, I mi-”

“THIS IS KENNEDY. We all miss you Nor and we’re really glad you’re coming back!”

I opened my mouth to say something again, but I got cut off… again.

“This is Jared, but you probably already know… look, what I said the other night, I didn’t mean it. I was pretty pissed off, but not at you, I was pissed at a lot of things and I’m really sor-”

“Jared, it’s fine. I forgive you. Can you please pass the phone back to Tim. I really need to ask him something.” I said with a calm voice.

Jared pressed on a sigh of relief and passed the phone back to Tim. I could tell he was smiling big by the way he was talking to me, “Thanks Norah, really. I owe you.”

“You don’t owe me anything. Just text me when you guys are on your way home, okay. I’ll tell mom and dad everything. Now, can I please eat my food?” I asked him, laughing.

“Alright, I’ll let you go now. Thanks so much again baby sis. I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

”Love you too. Bye.”

Finally, I placed my phone back into my bag and took a deep breath. I can’t believe I was going back on the road with them. I did, however, miss everyone. I missed Travis, Sierra, and John Gomez. Reminding myself of John, a smile appeared on my face as I finished my food in peace.

I drove back home to tell my parents that the guys were picking me up tomorrow for a final trip to Dallas. Like always, they were perfectly fine with it, as long as I was under Tim’s wing.

I started texting my hometown friends telling them I was going back on the road. They were pretty disappointed because we all had made plans that we were all excited about. But plans end up changing if you make them with me.

The rest of my day was spent packing up my bag. I threw in all my shorts, all my tank tops and t-shirts, all my Toms, and my sandals. I had filled 2 duffel bags and one small luggage. I knew I was only going to be with them for a few days and then a trip back to Arizona, but I always over packed. It was my thing.

norahraekirch Going back on the road with my favorite guys in the world. Where are my red floral Toms?!?!

I rested on my bed after sitting my bags down by my door. I placed my ipod on the speaker dock and played Wonderwall by Ryan Adams. That song always hit me hard; whenever I listened to it, it reminded me of the time Garrett and I went see him in concert. Hearing Ryan Adams’ beautiful voice, seeing him on stage, experiencing that infinite feeling going through the whole room…

Garrett Nickelsen
I heard you’re coming back. Mind if we start fresh?

I sighed and tossed my phone to the side. I didn’t really want to talk to him at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Norah's Outfit - Sweet, I got 8 comments for the last chapter. How about 10 or even 15 this time? Also, can you guys please check out my BRAND NEW Kennedy story? Click Here to Read If I get at least 10 comments on that story, I'll post another chapter for this story tomorrow. Thank you guys so much :)

09/07/10 UPDATE ~
I have finished the next chapter. I will post it if I get at least 10+ comments on my Kennedy Brock Story, Take Cover. I promise that once I get more comments on that, I will post new chapters every single day.