Status: in proogress

Drusilla Potter and the Champer of Secrets

Crazy House Elf

Dru smiles looking through her magical photo album, there were pictures of her mother and father twirling happy with each other, then there were other photo’s of her first year, her friends smiling and waving or smirking in Draco and Blaise’s case.
“At least she has photos of us” James smiles at Lily, they had gathered again to watch her second year play out.
“I know” Lily sighs leaning into him.
“Little pup has grown up” Sirius comments and she had, she was nearing her twelfth birthday soon.
Hedgwig gives a loud hoot and Dru turns to her pet.
“I can’t let you out Hedgwig” she tells her “I’m not allowed to use magic outside of school” Hedgwig hoots again.
“Besides if uncle Vernon”
“Drusilla Potter” Dru winces from her uncle’s shout.
“Know you’ve done it” she sighs, standing up.
Dru enters the kitchen and sees the Dursley’s all dressed up and pretty, petunia was finishing her cake and looks up meeting her eyes.
“He’s in there” she nods to the living room “Vernon” she calls.
“I’m warning you” Vernon fiddles with Dudley’s tie “if you can’t control that bloody bird, it’ll have to go”
“But she’s bored” Dru frowns “If i could only let her out for an hour or two”
Vernon gives a bark laugh.
“So you can send secret messages to your little friends? No sir”
They all scoff.
“But i haven’t had any messages” she hides her sad expression “From any of my friends”
“Why” Lily asks no one.
“Not one” she seems to deflate “All summer”
Vernon and Dudley turn around.
“Who would want to be friend with you” Dudley sneers and as he walks past, bumps her in the shoulder.
“Brat” James hisses.
“I should think you’d be a little more grateful” Vernon glares and Dru looks at him in astonishment.
“We’ve raised you since you were a baby girl, given food off our table, even let you have Dudley’s second bedroom purely out of the goodness of our hearts”
The marauders snort.
Dudley reaches out and sticks his finger in the cake so Petunia taps him.
“Not now bobkins, it’s for when the mason’s arrive”
“Which should be any minute” Vernon makes a follow gesture and walks into the living room followed by Petunia and Dudley.
“Now, let’s go over our schedule once again shall we” he says.
“Petunia when the mason’s arrive, you will be...”
“In the lounge” she opens her arms wide “Waiting to welcome them graciously to our home”
“Good, and Dudley, you will be...”
“I’ll be waiting to open the door” he gives a fat smile, and Dru grimaces watching the fake family scene play out before her.
“Excellent” Vernon smiles and then they all round on Dru “And you” he grunts.
“I’ll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that i don’t exist” she fakes a grin.
“To right you will be” Vernon nods
Lily makes a cat like snarl and the marauders scoot away slightly knowing she liked to shoot of hexes to ease her anger.
“They really are the worse sort of muggles” Regulus frown, no child should live like that, though he supposed it wasn’t any different than Sirius when he lived at home.
“With any look, this could be the day i make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up” Vernon glares, his eyes squinting.
Drusilla enters her room but stops, there on her bed was a ratty little creature wearing an old pillowcase jumping up and down. The creature turns and looks at her in wonder.
“Drusilla Potter such a wonder it is” he bows.
Drusilla closes her mouth and quickly shuts the door.
“Why is a house elf there” Alice asks.
“I don’t know” Frank chuckles
“It looks familiar” Narcissa frowns
“Who are you” Dru asks.
“Dobby Miss, Dobby the house elf”
“Dobby” Lucius asks, eyes widened a fraction
“Isn’t that our house elf” Narcissa asks.
“Yes dear, now why would he be there” he ponders aloud.
“Draco is her friend is he not” Bianca raises a brow.
“Yes but i doubt he would send an elf”
“Not to be ride or anything, but this isn’t a great time for you to be in my room” Dru says fast.
“Ooh, oh” Dobby pats the air “Yes Miss, Dobby understands” he rubs his hands together.
“It’s just that Dobby has come to tell you” he pauses “It is difficult Miss, Dobby wonders where to begin”
“Why don’t you sit down” Dru tells him.
“Sit down, sit down” Dobby whispers then began crying jumping from the bed.
“Dobby I’m sorry” Dru looks to the door and back to the wailing elf.
“I didn’t mean to offend you or anything”
“Offend Dobby” he turns around
“Dobby has heard of your greatness Miss, but never has he been asked to sit down by a witch or wizard, like an equal”
“You can’t have met many decent wizard or witches then” Dru grins.
“No” Dobby shakes his head “I haven’t”
“That was an awful thing to say” he begins banging his head on some draws.
“Bad Dobby, bad Dobby”
“Dobby, stop” Dru tells him eyes wide “Stop”
“Shush” he keeps banging his head “Stop”
Dobby finally stops and turns to face her swaying in the spot.
“Are you alright” Dru asks bending down.
“Dobby had to punish himself” he sits on a stool.
“Dobby almost spoke ill of his family Miss” Dru stands up.
“You family” she sits on her bed.
“The wizard family Dobby serves Miss, Dobby is bound to serve one family forever, if they ever knew Dobby was here” he shivers.
“To late” Severus mutters seeing the furious looks on the Malfoy’s faces.
“But Dobby had to come, Dobby has to protect Drusilla Potter, to warn her” Dobby says eyes wide.
“Drusilla Potter must not go back” he says gravely “To Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year” Dru looks at him confused.
“There is a plot, a plot to make terrible thing happen”
“What plot” Dru asks “Who”
“Can’t say” Dobby begins gulping and grabs his head in frustration.
“Okay, i understand you can’t tell me” Dru nods.
“Don’t make me” Dobby jumps up and grabs a lamp, bringing it down onto his head and kept banging himself with it.
“Dobby put the lamp down” Dru glances at the door.
“Bad Dobby” he keeps hitting himself.
“Give me the lamp” she tries to shake it out of his grip, and hears a bang on the stairs.
“Dobby stop” she grabs the lamp and places it back onto the desk, she quickly snags Dobby up by his pillowcase.
“Let me go”
“Get in there and keep quiet” she puts him in the wardrobe and closes it just as Vernon storms in.
“What the devil are you doing in here?”
“I was just” she stutters, and closes the opening door.
“You just ruined the punch line of my Japanese golfer joke” his moustache twitches.
“Sorry” she closes the opening door again.
“One more sound form you girl and you’ll wish you’d never been born” he threatens.
“And fix that door” he says at it squeaks open again.
“Yes sir” she closes it and Vernon walks out shutting the door.
Dru opens the wardrobe and Dobby walks out.
“See why I’ve got to go back”
“I don’t belong here, i belong in your world, at Hogwarts” she heaves a breath.
“It’s the only place I’ve got friends”
“Friends who don’t write to Drusilla Potter” Dobby asks.
“Well i expect they’ve been” Dru stops and looks down at him accusingly.
“Hang on, how do you know my friends haven’t been writing to me” Dobby finally realising he made a mistake cowers.
“Drusilla Potter mustn’t be angry at Dobby, Dobby hoped” he pulls out a large stack of letters.
“If Drusilla Potter thought her friends had forgotten her” he hugs them “Drusilla Potter might not want to go back to school Miss”
“Give me those now” Dru demands.
“No” Dobby hides them.
Dru tries to grab him but he runs out of her room and down the stairs, she runs down after him but stops, seeing him eyeing the cake.
“Dobby get back here now” she whisper shouts but he just shakes his head smiling and with a click of his fingers the cake began to float.
“Dobby please no” she asks desperately.
“Drusilla Potter must say she’s not going to school” Dobby says firmly.
“I can’t”
“Then Dobby must do it Miss, for Drusilla Potter’s own good” he clicks his fingers again and the cake moves towards the guests. Dru walks forwards trying to get it, and the Dursley’s see. Just as it began to float over Mrs. Mason’s head Dobby clicks his fingers and it splatters all over her.
“I’m so sorry, it’s my niece, she’s very disturbed” Vernon apologises.
“Meeting strangers upsets her, that’s why i kept her upstairs” he lies.
Dru turns to Dobby glaring and he clicks his fingers disappearing into nowhere.
The next day Vernon put bars on her window telling her she wasn’t going to that school, and then locking her door with several locks.
“Crazy house elf” James mutters, glaring at what they were doing to his daughter.
That night Dru woke up to a funny noise outside her window. She gets up and peers out of it seeing a blue car flying towards her.
“Cool” Sirius chuckles.
The car turns and she sees the people inside it.
“Hiya Dru” Ron smiles looking a little older than before, next to him were his twin brothers, one who was flying the car.
“Ron, Fred, George” she grins “What are you all doing here”
“Rescuing you of course” he says as if it were obvious “Now come on, get your trunk” he urges.
She quickly packs away and moves to the window seeing Ron place a hook to a bar and he looks at her.
“Stand back, let’s go” he says to his brother and they pull away yanking the bars from the window.
They quickly turn around and pop the boot open, so she throws her stuff in.
“Potter” Vernon shouts and begins unlocking the door.
“Come on hurry up” James and Sirius chant.
They swing the car around and she passes them Hedgwig, she quickly looks around for Sorcio but he wasn’t there so she bites her lip hoping he didn’t mind staying.
“Come on Dru hurry up”
“Petunia she’s trying to escape” Vernon barges in.
Dru quickly jumps out of the window and into the car but Vernon grabs her leg.
“Come here”
“Let go of me” she shouts.
“You and that bloody pigeon aren’t going anywhere” he roars.
“Drive” Ron shouts holding onto her, and they pull away leaving a falling Vernon to drop into the bushes.
“By the way Dru, happy birthday” Ron grins and they fly away smiling.
“Yes” James and Sirius cheer, Lily sighs leaning back in relief, and Dumbledore and Remus chuckle.