Status: Complete. <3

Stricken

Forever

Her house drawing nearer, Zara quickened her unsteady steps. She opened the front door and collapsed in a heap on the kitchen floor, sobs breaking free from her shaking body.

Flashs of the blood soaked scene ran over and over in her mind. It made her wretch. How could David do something so horrible? Be such a monster?

How did she not see it?

Blinded by tears and betrayal, she pulled herself up by the counter and turned on the sink to splash water on her clammy skin. The images wouldn't leave.

Bracing her trembling hands against the counter, she attempted to take deep breaths, trying to calm her hammering heart.

A gloved hand brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Cool breath blew against her neck, making her body shake harder.

"Wyh did you run?" he asked softly.

Zara pushed away from him, but he agrabbed her waist. "Don't run," he said sikily. "You love me, remember?"

"No," Zara replied hoarsely, struggling weakly against him.

"Yes. Don't lie." David pulled her close to him and inhaled her scent, reveling in how she trembled in fear against him.

Zara kept her eyes closed, picturing him slaughtering her like had those others. She was too terrified to look at his face. A breeze blew against her skin, air soared past her ears, blowing the hair from her face.

Her eyes slowly opened. Down below the few lights of Santa Carla twinkled. Zara let out a gasp and clung to the only thing she could--David. He chuckled.

"Beautiful, ain't it?" he asked.

Zara buried her face in his shoulder. She hated hights.

"You don't have to be afraid," he whispered against the wind. "I'll never hurt you."

"You're a monster," she said through her tears. "You've turned me into one too."

"Because I want you to be with me forever. Zara, I love you."

Zara looked up at him slowly, at his jaw line. The air current ruffled his air as they floated along.

"You love me?" she asked.

He looked down at her with his electric blue eyes. "I just said it, didn't I? I'd never lie to you, Zara. I made you what you are so we can be together. Forever. We'll never grow old. We'll never die. We will be together. Forever."

Zara said nothing and slowly they dropped onto the roof of her house. Even as their feet touched, she still didn't let go of him. He lifted her chin with his finger and kissed her, his cold lips making her whole body tingle.

As he pulled away, he brushed the hair back from her face, and rested his forehead against her's. "Trust me," he said. "Nothing's ever going to come between us. I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
A softer side of David...:) Which is ironic since this is right after he viciously kills people...lol
So I wrote this pretty quick, but I kind of like it. It seems our story is about ready to close. :( A few more chapters is all that remains, my vampire loving friends!

Remeber: Don't be a silent reader! The more comments I get, the faster these will come! Hopefully....

Special Thanks to:
lexxylush
MusicsSoul

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?