Tumors And Hearts

Day 42 – Knockout Tag Team Action

Xx-nikki-xX

This Monday we were taping a Knockout filled episode of Xplosion before Impact. There were two matches. The first was a match between Velvet Sky and Tara, in which Madison Rayne and Angelina Love were both supposed to get involved. The second was a tag team match with Fallon Chase and Daffney going against Sarita and myself.

The first match was already over. There was going to be a quick break and then it would be time for the tag team match. Manda and I were already at the entrance place waiting on our partners.

I felt a familiar pair of arms slip around my waist and turned around to face Shannon.

“So… I’m at ringside for your match, right?” he asked with a pleading smile.

I sighed. “Shannon, I already told you no.”

He dropped the smile and replaced it with a look of concern. “Please, Nikki.”

“Why do you want to be out there so badly?” I asked.

“I don’t know… I have a bad feeling about it…”

“Relax, Moore, she’ll be fine.” Manda said. “You’re forgetting I’ll be out there.” And with that she grabbed my arm and dragged me off with Daffney and Sarita.

The break ended and Fallon and Daffney were announced. They headed out to the ring to Daffney’s music. Fallon, looking like she wasn’t sure what to do, simply climbed in the ring and waited for Daffney to do her usual ring entrance.

Her music died down and was replaced with Sarita’s. We had decided to use her music since we were both Hispanic. We started out to the ring and were met with a combination of cheers and booing. We stopped at the end of the ramp and Sarita started dancing her little Mexican dance. Unable to think of anything else, I started doing the Washing Machine like they did in the Selena movie.

I think we were having so much fun dancing we forgot we were out there for a match. We shook ourselves out of it and quickly climbed in the ring.

“I’ll start.” Sartia said turning to me.

I nodded and retreated to our corner of the ring as Fallon did the same on the other side. The bell rang three times and Daffney and Sarita started the match.

My head started hurting almost right away and I had to force myself not to grab my aching head out of habit. I ignored what was going on in the match and tried to make the pain stop. I remembered this one thing my doctor had told me that might help get rid of my headaches and figured I’d give it a try.

I closed my eyes and used the first thing that popped into my head. Shannon. That was easy enough. I took deep breaths as I focused on the image of Shannon that had appeared in my mind. The pain started to ease and pretty soon my major headache had turned into a dull little pain.

“COME ON DAFFNEY!” Fallon screamed bringing my attention back to the match.

My eyes snapped open to see Sarita with a tight grip on Daffney. She managed to knock Sarita off and pull a clothesline on her. She ran to her corner of the ring as Sarita fell to the ground and quickly tagged in Fallon. Sarita was back on her feet by then. She ran at Fallon and attacked her, quickly gaining the advantage. Sarita managed to knock Fallon to the ground and pin her. Fallon kicked out at one.

“COME ON SARITA!” I yelled.

She grabbed Fallon by the hair and pulled her to her feet. She kicked her in the stomach before dragging her to our corner. She held out her free hand that wasn’t tangled in Fallon’s red hair and I quickly tagged in. I pushed the dull pain out of my mind as I sling-shot myself over the ropes. Sarita kicked Fallon in the stomach and then I pulled a neckbreaker on her. She fell to the ground as Sarita climbed out of the ring.

I waited for Fallon to get to her feet again. I was going to pull my signature DDT but she managed to counter it. I fell to the ground and Fallon pinned me. I managed to kick out at two and hurriedly got to my feet. We started grappling and ended up in the middle of the ring – we were setting up for the end of the match. I tried to kick Fallon, but she grabbed my foot. I hobbled on one foot before jumping and kicking her in the chest with my free foot.

Fallon stumbled back and hit the turnbuckles. She fell to the ground and rolled over onto her back, preparing for what was going to happen next. I hurriedly climbed to the top turnbuckle and was about to pull a moonsault to win the match for Sarita and me when my head exploded in an unbearable pain.

Xx-manda-xX

I was spread out on the ground, eyes closed and pretending to be out of it, as I waited for Nicolette to pull her moonsault.

But it didn’t come.

I opened my eyes and saw Nicolette still standing on the top turnbuckle. I could tell she was in a lot of pain and knew it was her tumor acting up.

Thinking quickly, I got to my feet and went over to her. I pulled her legs out from under her and she fell off the turnbuckle. She hit the ground in a clever way and clutched her head – at lease she made it seem like that was how she hurt her head.

“NICOLETTE GET UP!” I heard Sarita call.

Nicolette and Sarita were supposed to win, but there was no way that was going to happen now. Nicolette wasn’t getting up anytime soon so I had no choice but to pick up the win. I dropped down next to Nicolette and pinned her. The ref gave me a confused look before counting to three.

I rolled off Nicolette as my music started playing throughout the Impact Zone. Daffney climbed in the ring and the ref raised our hands in victory.

“I thought we were supposed to lose.” Daffney said when the ref dropped our hands.

“Change of plans.” I said. “Nikki’s hurt.”

I turned and locked eyes with Sarita. She broke kayfabe for a second to send a concerned look at Nikki, who was still lying on the floor of the ring. Sarita quickly got back into character. She jumped down from the ring apron and slowly headed backstage.

As much as it killed me not to go help Nikki, I followed Daffney out of the ring. We were headed up the ramp when Shannon came running out to the ring. I turned around and watched him climb in the ring and drop down next to Nikki.

He managed to get her into a sitting position. He said something to her and she shook her head. I heard her groan and she quickly grabbed her head; a look of pain crossed her face. He said something else before picking her up and carrying her out of the ring.

I turned around and headed up the ramp. Daffney and Sarita attacked me as soon as I got backstage.

“Is she okay?” Sarita asked.

“What happened?” Daffney asked.

“I don’t know.” I lied.

A few seconds later Shannon appeared, carrying Nikki in his arms.

“Someone go get a medic.” he said, obviously trying not to freak.

Daffney and Sarita quickly ran off. I turned to watch Shannon. He whispered something to Nikki and she smiled faintly before passing out.

I mentally cursed Nikki’s tumor as Daffney and Sarita reappeared with a medic.