This Is a Reason for Broken Wings

Welcome To Hungtington Beach

The next morning, my alarm went off way too fucking soon, or so I thought. I looked at it was it was 9:00 in the morning. It would take me about an hour and a half on the freeway to get to my mom's place. She wanted me there at 11 o'clock so I hauled my ass out of bed and dragged myself to my bathroom.

I decided to hop in the shower to wake myself up a little bit and I dressed myself in some dark blue jeans, some black DC shoes, and a AC/DC muscle shirt. I was in my car and on the road by 9:20, yeah, record time for me. My thoughts wandered aimlessly, drifting over random thoughts like the band, my car, whether or not I should get some new grillz since I lost my on our fucking tour in Europe. Then I thought about Lauren...and I started cussing aloud to myself. Yeah, just the thought of her boiled me up and I just wanted to let all my anger out on something.

I made it to my mom's house by 10:45. I saw some of Lauren's luggage already waiting outside and I sighed, taking a deep breath, and put on my game face. As I was just about to knock on the door, I heard yelling. I cringed as I recognized Lauren's growl and my mom's cries.

"Fuck you! I'm not going to live with him! I fucking hate all you guys!" Lauren screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Lauren, please." My mom tried to say and I heard some glass shattering.

I ran inside and saw my mom hiding behind a bookshelf and found Lauren standing at the end of the hallway but a glass vase raised in her arms, getting ready to throw it across the room.

"Lauren Amber fucking Baker. You put that down right now or I swear you will be hurting real bad." I said through my teeth.

She stopped and looked at me, dropping her hand holding the vase to her side.

"Fuck you." She said, staring straight into my eyes and she released it, letting it shatter on the hardwood floor.

"You little bitch." I muttered just loud enough for her to hear.

We were staring at each other with daggers in our eyes. I suddenly walked over to her and stood in front of her.

"You fucking clean that up right now." I said firmly.

"What? Are you gonna fucking make me?" She said, getting up in my face.

"Yes."

"Oh, and what the fuck are you gonna do to make me?" She asked, almost as if she was laughing at me.

I grabbed her arm and pushed her towards the other end of the hallway, towards the kitchen. My sudden movement caught her off guard and she sort of stumbled. She regained her balance and shot her acid stare at me.

"Don't you ever lay your fucking hands on me again." She shot at me.

"Or what?" I retorted.

She smirked and turned her back on me, thinking she was gonna go upstairs and hide in her room. I grabbed a firm hold on her upper arm and pushed her towards the kitchen again. This time I didn't let go of her arm and I started to push her from behind.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing!?!?" She tried to turn around to face me but I was pushing her too hard. "Get the fuck off of me you mother fucker!" She shrieked.

"No until you shut the fuck up and clean up your fucking mess!" I said meanly.

We reached the kitchen and I pushed her in front of a broom and dust pan. She stopped, looked at the broom and back to me. I kept my cold stare on her and my hand grasped tightly on her arm.

"I fucking hate you." She muttered under her breath and picked the stuff up.

"Likewise."

I pulled her back to the hallway to the broken glass. I let go of her arm finally and she just stood there.

"Well?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"What, fucker?"

"Well, move your ass and clean up your fucking mess you made damn it!" I yelled.

Her eyes became dangerous slants and I swear steam started coming out of her nose. I didn't change my expression...I wasn't scared of her...and she knew I wasn't. Lauren muttered some curse words under her breath and started to sweep up her shit. In the meantime, I made my way over to my mom, who was still huddled behind a bookshelf. It broke my heart when I saw she was in tears.

"Zacky, baby." She whispered and gave me a huge hug.

"Mom." That was all I could say.

I hated seeing her like this, always having to put up with Lauren's shit. My mom was a strong person, but Lauren was simply too much for someone like her.

"I'm so sorry Zacky, but it's the last thing I could think of." She cried into my chest.

"Mom, it's ok. I'm gonna try my best to get through to her...I know it's not going to be easy but I'll try." My mom just cried some more. I sighed and looked around the house. "Is that all her stuff outside in the luggage?"

My mom nodded her head.

"Ok. We'd better be heading out then."

"I love you Zacky, baby." She whispered.

I reached down and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I love you too mom." I said, and let go of my her, walking back over to Lauren. She had finished cleaning up the glass and had already dumped it in the trash.

"We come on. You still have to load up your shit."

All I got was another angry stare. I made Lauren pack her luggage into the car and I laughed as I saw her struggle at times. Finally, she got everything situated and closed the trunk. She was going to get in but then I stopped her.

"We're not leaving until you tell mom goodbye." I said coldly.

"Fuck off." She said and got in.

I walked over to her door and pulled her out before she even got her seatbelt on.

"You put mom through enough shit to last a lifetime." I said through my teeth as I held her by her arm against the car. "The least you could do is tell her goodbye."

She made a move like she was going to hit me but thought better of it.

"Fine."

She said, yanking away from my grip and stomped up towards the house. She threw open the front door and stood there in the opening.

"Goodbye to you and this fucking shit hole!" She screamed and slammed the door closed behind her.

She stomped back to my car and flashed me a sarcastic thumbs up, settling herself in the passenger seat, and buckled herself up. I just shook my head and slammed her door shut as she reached over to her right to check something. I heard her yelp as the door connected with her head. I saw her rubbing the top of her head out of the corner of my eye as I walked around to the driver's side and I smiled to myself. I got inside, buckled myself in, turned on the engine, and started the journey back home to Huntington.

The ride was really quiet and awkward. Not awkward because we didn't know what to say to each other but awkward because we didn't even want to be in the same car as one another. Then I looked at the clock and saw it was already 12:45.

"Fuck." I said aloud.

We were going over some new material today and everybody was supposed to me there. That was supposed to start at 1:15, pronto bitches; we were still an hour away. I stepped on it and quickly passed up cars that were going 80 in the freeway.

"Yeah, that's what I think every time wake up in the morning and realize I'm still living in this fucking God forsaken place." Lauren said, staring out the window.

"What? Are you saying that you don't even want to be alive anymore?" I asked in surprise.

I thought we would start an actual conversation.

"Well, I sometimes feel like I fucking don't when I realize I'm related to bastards like you." She spat.

"Well, let me tell you, you should kill yourself...do us all a favor so we don't have to put up with your bullshit anymore." I said calmly.

I saw Lauren's face turning bright red as she was about ready to explode on me. But seeing that we were going over 100 mph on the freeway, she thought better than attacking the driver. She just turned back to the window and remained silent for the rest of the ride.

We rolled into Huntington at ten after one, and I had no choice but to take Lauren with me to our 'recital' dealio. I parked in the parking lot and turned to her.

"Alright, your bitch ass is coming with me to my band's studio. I'm telling you right now that I don't want your trouble making ass anywhere near my studio, or my house for that matter, but I don't really have a choice. So while you're here, you're gonna keep your mouth shut, your hands to your fucking self, and out of our way." I snarled.

"Go fuck yourself up the ass with your fucking gay guitar." She said and got out of the car, slamming the door as hard as she could.

I'm not going to lie...Lauren's pretty strong and when I saw she slammed something as hard as she could, take my word that it was pretty fucking hard. I let out a long, annoyed sigh and followed walked inside. I could tell Lauren was thinking of sneaking off so I grabbed her tightly by her arm again and pushed her in front of me.

I steered her through the hallways and we made it to our room. The guys looked at me with surprised looks on their faces. Everyone but Matt was there, waiting. I shoved Lauren towards the middle of the room, trying to get her across to the other side where there was a hard, wooden chair with her name written all over it. But she stopped when she got in front of the guys.

"Who the fuck are these losers." She said coldly, looking back at me.

I didn't answer her and Jimmy thought he'd be nice. I mean, she did know him back in the day but it's been so long ago that she's talked to him.

"Hey, Lauren, you remember me don't you? Jimmy? I was always over at you and Zacky's house when we were lit-."

"Why don't you shut the fuck up and stop acting like you know who the fuck I am." She spat venomously at him and I think he damn near pissed himself.

His face when stark white and his eyes about popped out of his head and not to mention his mouth was hanging slightly open. The rest of the guys just stared at Lauren with shocked looks on their faces and she stared back at them with pure hatred.

"And what the fuck are you bitches looking?"

"Lauren, don't you fucking talk to them like that!" I yelled, my anger starting to boil over.
I didn't know how the fuck I was going to manage this shit...

"You can't tell me how to talk." She retorted, her fists balling up by her sides.

I sneered when I saw them. "What? Are you gonna hit me?" I asked, egging her on.

She finally snapped and lunged at me, but I was already expecting that. I moved to the side and grabbed one of her arms, twisting it behind her back and wrapping my other arm around her tightly, holding her so that she couldn't move.

"The next time you try to hit me, you're gonna be very sorry indeed." I said into her ear.

I let her go and she spun around, wanting nothing more than to land a good punch in the middle of my face. But like I said, I wasn't scared of her.

"What?" I asked her. "No smart ass answer? Good, now sit your ass down." I whispered as I pushed her in the direction of that oh so inviting chair I had picked out for her earlier.

She just looked around and chose to sit down on the couch Matt and I usually sat at. She made herself comfortable and propped her feet up lazily onto the nearby table.

"You'd better fucking watch yourself Lauren or you'll find yourself in jail one night if I just so feel that's where you belong." I said, looking down at her with no emotion in my eyes or face.

She looked up at me and smirked. "You wouldn't dare...mom would kill you."

"Mom gave me permission to do whatever I damn well pleased...as long as it straightens your fucked up little mind out. And that includes letting you stay a night or two in jail." I spat, with just as much anger and venom as she spat to me.

"Whoa, what the hell is going on around here?" Matt's voice came from behind me.

Great, just what I was afraid of; mixing Lauren's snappy attitude with Matt's short patience.