Status: Complete

Turning A Page

-41-

Time seemed to have frozen. Or if it hadn't then my mind certainly had.

Johnny, his eyes were searching mine, no doubt trying to make sense of the internal turmoil that was being displayed through them. He was patient, waiting for some sort of signal on what his next move should be.

Resting some of his weight on his elbows his right hand came up to brush some of my hair away from my eyes. It was a simple action that brought his face just that little bit closer.

Before I even knew what I was doing my head was rising, eyes drifting closed. His lips felt softer than I remembered from our past brief interactions as my own brushed against them lightly. There was hesitance, from both of us. Neither one of us was completely sure of what exactly was happening here, and what its effects might hold in store.

Gentle. That's how our kiss was. There were so many feelings fighting to be displayed through our actions, but it remained simple and pure. I couldn't resist biting at Johnny's lower lip while my hand ran over his lack of hair, wondering if I'd receive the same reaction as a few days earlier. Johnny didn't disappoint, his moan coming out hard and guttural, coinciding with him pressing his body further into mine. That only caused me to pull his head closer, rise my hips up to crash against his, and tug on his lip a little harder before releasing it.

All thoughts of the man above me being my best friend had vanished, along with the ones of us not being alone in this house. I was too consumed by the electricity flowing through my veins to care about anything else except this amazing feeling.

"You drive me crazy," Johnny managed to breathe out, leaning his forehead against mine.

My eyes were still closed, enjoying the moment, adrenaline racing throughout my body. There was a definite smile on my face, only breaking shape to receive the few kisses Johnny continued to place along my mouth.

"Open your eyes," he mumbled into my ear a minute later after he'd trailed his way over my neck and up to his current position. One hand was back to stroking over my hair, the other had taken up purchase on my now slightly exposed hip, warming the flesh it laid against.

Doing as I was told, my eyes opened to find Johnny smiling back at me, his eyes gentle and loving, radiating his happiness. Just looking at him made me want to kiss him again, so that's what I did.

Knocking on the door broke us apart once again, blushes appearing on both of us. Dad was standing in the doorway, eyebrow raised at the behaviour he'd witnessed.

"What do we have here, huh?" he joked.

I groaned and buried my head against Johnny's chest while he told Dad to leave us alone, his chest shaking with a laugh. I could hear Dad yelling down the stairs to Mom, no doubt wanting to spread the gossip of 'their children' being caught making out.

"Now that wasn't embarrassing," I mumbled into his shirt, feeling like a teenager who'd snuck a boyfriend into her room. Sitting up I leaned my back against the headboard, Johnny watching my every move. "Is it weird that that wasn't even sorta weird?" My face was scrunched up, wondering how kissing Johnny could feel so natural.

Johnny was shaking his head at me, smile still present. "Nope, because it's supposed to happen."

I had to raise an eyebrow at him for that, the way he said it with such confidence, like he'd managed to sneak a look at the blueprints for the rest of our lives.

"It is!" he laughed, sitting up next to me and pecking my lips once more. His hand remained caressing my cheek as he took on a more serious look. "You know, that night you told me you were moving back to New Zealand? I spent most of the night just watching you sleep, and that was when I realised I needed you in my life. I was only fourteen but I knew I wanted to marry you then, that's why I made you promise to come back to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
The end