Status: New Idea

Seeing Double

Prologue

An awkward silence loomed between us, as we sat there, neither of us daring to look at each other. My gaze remained on my carpeted floor, while hers remained on my bedroom window. Our gazes never locked as they normally would, as the awkward silence remained.

We both knew what was happening, our first awkward silence. This was our first moment that couldn’t be fixed with something simple as a smile.

But was this moment broken to begin with?

I understood that this was an awkward moment, embarrassing on my part even, but I knew expected this. I never expected that my embarrassing confession would turn into an awkward silence. I expected her to react as she did to everything, with curiosity.

I expected her to ask me a question about the lists. I expected her to ask me, why hers was longer than her sisters. I thought she would even ask me about the pros and cons on the lists. She would simply bit her lip and grit her teeth when she heard an answer that she didn’t like, but she didn’t.

She simply fell silent, avoiding my gaze.

The silence was nerve racking. I didn’t know what to say, or how to say it. My smooth charismatic self left once she found the list. Only my embarrassed, speechless,vulnerable shell was left.

This silence was beginning to make me regret making the list in the first place. If I hadn’t of made the list, I would be in the agonizing situation right now.

I could have found another way to dealt with my feelings but instead, I had to write it all down. Making matters worse, I had to leave the notebook with the lists out in the open, for anyone to find.

I gripped my bed sheets tighter, as I sighed. I never imagined myself being in this situation. I never imagined that I would meet a pair of twins and fall in love with both of them.

Sure, when I was younger I wanted to date hot twins, but I never thought that I would fall in love with them. In fact, I never imagined that I would fall in love when I was sixteen.

“Justin…” she whispered.

My head immediately shot up, setting my gaze on her. She was still sitting in the chair at my desk. She looked down at her hands, folded in her lap. Her hair fell in front of her face, blocking my view.

Normally she would be smiling, as she spun the chair back and forth, but now the chair was still. The air was still, and tense as I stared at her. My leg began to bounce up and down out of nervousness, I wanted hear what she had to say.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked up, locking her gaze with mine. She bit her bottom lip before quickly looking away from me.

“I don’t feel the same way,”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the prologue but i promise it will get better. I know that this is short but once again, it's just a prologue.

Feedback/Comments=Next Chapter