Confused

chapter 8

Gerard and I looked at each other with shocked expressions before walking out. I hit Mikey’s head and slumped back to the regular stupor I had during The Black Parade.

Good going Mikey. It took me a hard time getting him out of that depressed state now you just gave it back to him.

God Gee! People are going to notice if you stare at each other like that. Ray’s getting suspicious already! I want Frank to be happy too but look next to you Gerard! She’s right there and I’m right here!


So they talk to each other in their heads. So much for brotherly connection. I just grab my ipod and listened halfway to one of our songs before feeling my phone vibrate.

Frankie, don’t hum that song if you’re angry at what I had to do.
It’s hurting Gerard too. Sorry about that but the guys are getting suspicious.
It won’t be soon until Ray asks you about it.
Sorry.
XoX Mikey


I just delete the message before I entirely rock out to the song, singing Gerard’s parts in the cramped car. I got this really bad feeling that something happened between the Way brothers.

“Well when you go
Don’t even think I’ll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I’ll be off to find another way

And after all this time that you still owe
You’re still the good-for-nothing I don’t know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out while you can

When you go
Would you even turn to say,
“I don’t love you
Like I did yesterday”?

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But when they knock you down and out
It’s were you ought to stay”

SLAP

Mikey slapped the back of my head, making it look like a game, but actually stopping me from singing because Gerard looked was hurt by my song choice. Everyone (except Bob who was driving) stared at me. Well, time to think up an excuse.

“Sorry guys…just…I miss Jammie and all…uhm…Bob, can you just drop me off at the mall instead?”

“Uhm, Liz, okay with you?”

“Yeah sure.” She replies almost instantly.

Frankie…please…

His voice pleading for me to stay was about to drive me crazy but Mikey and Ray kept sending death glares.

Frank, I can read your head. I'm sorry if I crashed both your days but I just want you two to stop getting everybody suspicious. Stay. For his sanity.

No. I have to leave now.

Bob stopped in front of a mall, dropping me off before driving away.

I don’t love you like I did yesterday. I love you a whole lot more. It’s my song for you Frankie.

Mikey, tell Gerard later that I’m sorry.

Finally, I’m out of that damned car. No more being green-eyed. Less Gerard, the better. God Frank. He’s married and you kissed him.

He kissed me!

But you could’ve pushed him off. You could’ve smacked him right there or you could have just shut your mouth.

"Frank?"

I turned around when I heard him. His black hair and brown eyes reminding me of Gerard.

“Hey Bert. Long time no see.”

“So it is you. Hey Frank. Where’s the rest of the band?”

“Off…lunch…Eliza…Gerard…long story…”

“Oh…okay…uhm, so you’re alone here with me then?”

“Sort of…I guess…unless Quinn, Jepha and or Dan is with you.”

“Nah. They’re all off with living their oh-so-perfect lives.”

“Oh…so you’re all I’ve got now next to lonely?”

“Haha…very funny Frank. Yeah. I’m far from lonely and it’s all I’ve got.”

“So…uhm…wanna go for coffee and talk?”

“Sure.”

~At Starbucks~
“So…short stuff. What leads you to go to a mall unaccompanied by the oh-so-watchful eye of the Ways?”

“Well, I guess you know why. I’m getting a taunt vibe from you right now.”

“Well…let me see…you like Gerard and…he says he likes you but…he’s married so it’s
just…awkward being in the…same room as him when this…Eliza…girl is around.”

“Bull’s-eye but how did you know?”

“I observe.”

“Well…what are you doing here without the guys?”

“Just going to get some coffee and some other supplies my place. Plus I was going to get some candy for the Trick or Treaters. “

Frank’s eyes lit up when I said Trick or Treaters. Sweet little kid. It’s his birthday tomorrow and it seems like he’s forgotten with all this Gerard business.

“Oh cool! It’s almost Halloween! Didn’t notice that was coming! I’m gonna be 27!”
“Well, let me be the first then to greet ya a Happy Halloween-y birthday Iero!”
“Thanks Bert!”

He’s hugging me. Like a little kid given a toy on a random day. I just hope he won’t let go…

He placed his arm on my shoulder and positioned me upright. His crooked smile accented by the strand of hair next to it. I tuck it behind his ear making us both giggle like a bunch of high school girls.

“We’re acting like Gerard and Eliza, you know that?”

“Really?”

“Yeah. They like, cuddle and act all sweet then laugh their heads off. Then she’ll sit on his lap and kiss him.”

“Then?”

“I don’t know. I usually walk out from there.”

Then a tear falls from his eyes down his pretty little cheek. God knows how bad this angel has been hurt. He’s crying for the person he loves who doesn’t love him entirely.

He kisses the top of my head before wiping a tear from my face.

“Don’t cry over him Frankie. He’s not worth it.”

“He calls me Frankie…”

“There’s a lot more people that deserve you. Tons of better people and if he really loves you, he would let you go and be happy than to be his number 2.”

“Bert…”

“Yes, skittle?”

“Will you be MY number 2 even just for today?”

“Anything for my little red skittle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took forever...been very busy
hope this makes up for it... : )
comments???