‹ Prequel: It's Almost Easy

Such a Surreal Place

Brochure Hunt

I saw Brian lying down on half of the couch in the back department. He wasn’t paying any attention to the video game that Matt was kicking Johnny’s arse at, and Jimmy (who was next to Brian) was searching through other wedding brochures. No one acknowledged me, which was fine by me. I’d rather stay quiet and then surprise Brian with my idea. I walked over to him and sat down on the edge of the seat where his hips were. His eyes opened slightly as I put my left hand on his waist.

“Where’s that brochure?” I asked him quietly as Matt shouted something insulting at Johnny.

“What brochure?” he questioned, keeping his eyes half shut. Fine. He can be a little smart arse. I looked up at Jimmy, who had hundreds of wedding brochures. Asking him about it became a bad idea.

“Baby, don’t be mean. Where is it?” I asked again and he shrugged.

“I dunno what you’re talking about...” he said as he closed his eyes again. I sighed and took my hand off his body. I knew he was more mature than this. I guess he was just that pissed off at me.

“Syn, stop being an arsehole,” Matt said, obviously eavesdropping, just like Zacky had been a few minutes ago.

“I’m not!” he yelled back angrily.

“The tour’s got to him today. Don’t worry about whatever you’re looking for at the moment,” Matt advised and I nodded. He was right. I should ask him later, when he’d relaxed a bit more.

*Start of the concert that night*

I’d asked him where the brochure was again, but he still hadn’t answered me. He was being so immature about this. He obviously didn’t think that I was being sincere about my interest in the venue. So as soon as they started playing their concert that night, I made an excuse of being hungry and needing to get some food out of the tour bus and left to search for the damn brochure. I went straight to the massive pile that Jimmy had left on the floor. After 5 minutes of searching through there, I gave up and checked in Syn’s bunk. Still not there. Then I searched in the kitchen area and still didn’t find it.

“Oh come on! Where the hell is it?” I whispered to myself as I sat down, frustrated. I wanted his dream to come true sooooooooo badly... He deserved it! I stood up and made myself a quick snack to bring back to the arena so it didn’t look suspicious and so Syn didn’t con on. I took the last slice of bread out of the loaf and put the empty packet in the small bin. Wait. What was that? “HA!” I found it! I pulled out the wedding brochure and flipped through it. It seemed to be perfect. Decent prices, beautiful scenery, amazing set up... I think he had found the perfect venue for us. No wonder he loved it so much!

I checked what hours I could call them and saw that I was too late for tonight. I’d have to call tomorrow. But that would be good, as I could organize a wedding date with Brian. I suddenly became overwhelmed with the fact I was getting married. Soon. To Brian Haner Jr. O.M.G. I felt tears in my eyes, but quickly composed myself again as I took the wedding venue brochure and hid it in my bunk, hoping that Brian wouldn’t find it and take it away. I didn’t want to be playing immature games with him. I took my small sandwich with me and went back into the arena where they were now about halfway through their performance. The crowd was crazy tonight! I noted that there were so many mental Synyster Gates female fans. I realised how lucky I was that he wasn’t even interested in them, and that I was his girl.

*End of the show*

Syn walked off the stage, arms raised in the air, proud of the amazing performance he had given tonight to his fans. He was still being a cocky rock star as he walked straight into me, his guitar off to the side. I grabbed his sexy body, pulled him into me and gave him a long kiss.

“Hello...” he said once our lips parted. He had a sweet smile on his face and I knew the concert had taken a lot of the stress off him and he was back to normal for a while. I put my arm around his waist and led him away from the screaming audience. He passed his guitar to Mel who was hanging out with Zacky (as always) discussing how Zacky’s guitar ‘didn’t sound right’ during the performance. Yeah right... I took two beers off a table and passed one to my fiancé as we walked to a locker room.

“Hey... Can you tell me what your dream wedding is?” I asked him as we entered his locker room. He instantly started stripping, getting out of his sweat-soaked stage clothes.

“Does it matter?” he asked suspiciously and I nodded.

“Very much so.” I took a sip of my beer as he took a huge gulp, trying to cool down.

“Okay... Well, for a start, I would have to be getting married to you...” he said and I smiled at his sweetness as he chucked his shirt on the ground. “And then... Well, the band would have to be there, I’d want my family there too... A beautiful backdrop, so we could get amazing pictures... Oh, and you’d have to be in a gorgeous dress that I can easily take off later on...” He gave me a sexy wink and we laughed together as he started to undo his belt. He paused and stroked his chin, puzzling over what else he wanted to say. “I swear I had more ideas earlier today...”

“Well... What about the venue? Seem as how that’s what we’re looking for at the moment...” I suggested, trying to get him to say that he wanted it outside. He continued with his belt, then started on his second belt, trying to untangle their chains. “You need help?”

“Please?” he asked while wincing with slight embarrassment. I went over and helped him to untangle his chains. “I would really love it to be outside, in a beautiful garden scene, but I know we can’t have that... So maybe we should go for a typical church? But honestly, that’s too boring and traditional. I wanna do something a bit different. Don’t you?”

“Yeah, I really do too,” I said and I kissed him. He had given me what I wanted to know. He’d proven what Zacky had said earlier. “Anything else?” He hesitated.

“I just want you to be happy,” he answered. I froze, shocked. “And if I’m not the man to make you happy 24/7, you really have to tell me okay?”

“But you are that man...” I managed to say, still a bit surprised. That had nothing to do with what colour flowers he wanted or what state he’d like to get hitched in. He dipped his head, resting his forehead on mine. For the first time in my life, I found myself avoiding his gorgeous brown eyes and looking down at the ground. I diverted my eyes to his chains and started fiddling with them again, trying to distract myself from the fact that he was fully devoted to me. Or was I trying to hide from the fact that I was fully devoted to him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to update twice today because this one is a lot less uneventful then the next one.
Thanks to everyone who comments :)