‹ Prequel: It's Almost Easy

Such a Surreal Place

Outside Wedding Venue?

*A week later – back on tour*

“Babe? Can you call up this venue for me?” Brian asked as he walked into the front section of the tour bus, holding a booklet for yet another wedding venue. I was already on the phone organizing a place for Avenged Sevenfold to play at. I didn’t have the time right now to do wedding stuff too! I shook my head to say no and he frowned.

“You do it!” I hissed while covering the phone up so the agent on the other end didn’t hear me.

“I can’t! I have to practice!” he whined.

“Bull shit!” I whispered back, keeping the phone covered. “You’ve practiced on your acoustic all day long!”

“So on the 7th, you have our stadium booked, starting at 8pm,” the man on the phone told me. I thanked him and hung up, writing down in the A7X diary the name of the stadium, the time, and other fiddly details like the address, phone number, etc. Later that would all have to go up on their website so fans could start buying tickets. Gosh I was getting too busy...

“Why can’t you do it?” he continued whining to me and I stopped writing, staring him coldly in the eyes.

“Because I’m busy getting venues for your band to play at! How about you make one damn phone call for once!” I exclaimed angrily and he looked down, hurt and ashamed. Then I realised I’d been a bitch to him.

“Shit. Sorry. Look, I’m just stressed out, doing so much tour stuff... I really can’t handle organizing a wedding single handed too, okay?” I said, but he just stood there. “It’s not just a one person thing. You need to help too. And so far I’ve done everything.” I put the A7X diary on the table with my cell phone and stood up. I took a few small steps to him and hugged him. Fortunately, he reacted and put his arms around me too.

“I’m a shit fiancé huh?” he muffled into my shoulder.

“No... But you do need a bit of work...” I admitted and even though I let go of him, he kept his arms slung around my waist, keeping us close together.

“So how do I talk to a wedding venue person?” he asked and I smiled. There was hope!

“How about I make this phone call, so you can learn, but the rest of them, you have to make?” I suggested and he nodded. He let go of me, then passed me the booklet with a warm smile and I looked at it. “You wanna get married at this place? But, it’s outside!” He shrugged.

“It’s a possible venue...” he mumbled. “I like pretty romantic gardens...”

“But that’s a golden opportunity for paparazzi!” I argued, discarding the idea straight away. I thought we’d already clearly discussed about the fact that our wedding needed to be in a secluded inside area.

“But... It would be really beautiful, don’t you think? All the trees and flowers and fresh air...” He drifted off and I instantly knew he really wanted to get married outside. And I had just crushed that hope of it. God I’m a bitch today!

“Well... I can still call, if you want...” I said slowly, thinking of how stupid I was. I should’ve realised!

“No. You’re right. Twas a stupid idea...” he said sadly as he snatched the pamphlet out of my hand. He walked away, his head hung low. I swear tears were about to fall – he seemed that depressed about me saying no.

“No! I’ll call them!” I called after him, but he didn’t listen. He just disappeared into the back of the bus. I swore loudly and then sat back down, putting my head in my hands.

“You alright?” Zacky hollered from the driver’s seat. I got a sinking feeling as I realised he had heard everything.

“Not really!” I replied honestly as I walked up to him. I sat down on the ground next to him as he continued to drive without looking at me.

“Since we’re running late, me and Mel decided to have a race,” he told me and he nodded in front of the bus. “She’s kicking my arse!” I gave a weak smile as I got up to peek out the window. She was roughly 5 cars in front of Zacky.

“Has Brian talked to you about wedding venues?” I asked as I sat back down.

“Has he ever! It’s the only thing our conversations have consisted of for about a week!” Zacky exclaimed and I smiled feebly again.

“Has he mentioned an outside garden wedding venue?” I asked and Zacky grinned.

“Look, I heard your conversation from before. And yeah, he really loves that idea, even though he knows you won’t like it,” he replied and I frowned.

“But he knows the paparazzi will love it if they find us, so why bother considering the idea?” I questioned, getting frustrated. Surely he was clever enough to realise that!

“It’s his dream. His perfect wedding...” Zacky explained, then paused. “He’s only had that idea since he met you though. He’s never wanted an outside wedding before. Not like we talked about weddings a lot or anything...”

“Grrr...” I groaned as I put my head in my hands.

“He gave you the heartbroken look, didn’t he?” Zacky asked.

“Yup.” Zacky chuckled to himself.

“Typical Bri... Maybe you should just give it a shot? Just call up. They might not even have any free dates left,” Zacky advised and I shook my head.

“Paparazzi!” I exclaimed loudly, trying to prove my point.

“Which if you get decent security, won’t be able to turn up if they find out where you’re having it,” Zacky commented and I realised he was right. “You get to go pick out the perfect white wedding dress out of a fairytale; a girl’s dream come true. You could at least let him pick out his dream venue.” I sighed.

“You should stop being so right all the God damn time,” I said, standing up. “Thanks, Zacky!” I gave him a side hug and left him to continue driving in peace. I walked down to the end of the bus. I had to let Syn know I wanted to get married at the venue he wanted to, even if it was outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously, everyone comment and DON'T USE THE WORDS "UPDATE SOON" OR "I LIKE/LOVE IT" OK???
Make me want to continue posting this story. Show your appreciation for me writing it.