Status: A little nervous about posting this :/

She Had Me At Bonjour

Otto

Whoa. Where the hell did that come from? I looked at my phone to see that she hung up. Fuck, I just pissed her off even more. I don’t even know where that came from. I dialed her number and waited for an answer. What am I doing? She probably doesn’t want to talk to me. I’m probably the last person she wants to talk to right now.

I sighed and closed my phone, running my fingers through my hair. The door opened and I glanced over seeing Jack walk through.

“I heard the one sided version. Might as well tell me the whole story.”

“What’s there to say? I fucked up. She probably wants nothing to do with me anymore.”

“You know damn well it wasn’t all your fault. She’s just way to blind to realize what you feel towards her. And in all honesty, it sure seemed like she liked you back. I know I didn’t see or meet this Marcus guy, but I can already tell it was a huge mistake. But I did see you with that bimbo from your high school. Wrong move, man,” Jack shook his head in disapproval.

“In my defense, she drug me onto the dance floor and she kissed me.

“You kissed back. And kissed back. Oh, and kissed back.” I hated when he was right.

“Well-“

“No, Zack. You have no right to make excuses. You were both wrong and stupid.”

“So I should apologize?”

“Uhm, duh. Just not right now. Wait a day or longer. And don’t call her. Go to her and apologize”

I nodded and smiled at him. “Thanks Jack. It’s pretty rare to see you being all mature and serious, but it’s a good thing.”

“Gracias hombre. Now since it’s not raining anymore… can we go play mini-golf?! There’s a go-kart track there too so we could race afterwards!”

“I spoke too soon. Alright, do you want any other people to go?”

“I’LL GET MY PHONE! WOO!” Jack shot up and ran out of my room and into the hallway, knocking on every door he passed screaming, “MINI-GOLF AND GOOOO-KARTS! GET YOUR ASSES READY!”

_ _ _

“Jack, can’t we just start without them? It’s been half an hour!” Alex whined in Jack’s ear, bouncing up and down impatiently.

“NO! Krysha said she’s bringing someone she wants us to meet.”

Speak of the devil. Krysha stepped out of the driver’s seat of her car and waited for the person in the passenger seat. When it got out, I realized who it was.

“She brought Marcus…”

Everyone’s eyes were glued to me. They looked back to the couple walking towards us and back to me.

“THAT’S Marcus?” Angela shrieked. “He’s… he’s hot!”

“He is! Oh my god, he looks to different from before!”

Kara was the only girl who kept quiet, clinging to Rian’s arm.

“Hi everyone. This is Marcus. Marcus, this is Kara, Rian, Alex, Jack, Angela, Cree, and,” She paused and gave me a glare, mumbling my name. “Zack.”

Marcus waved at everyone and looked at Cree. “You’re the sister, right?”

“You got it! Now let’s go! I want to get mini-golf over with so we can ride the go-karts!”

_ _ _

Mini-golf was hell. Besides the fact that Jack sucked and kept yelling at his club and ball, Marcus was all over Krysha. Whether it was helping her put or just him deciding to be all over her in between turns. The worst part was that she let him! No one but Kara and I seemed to be uncomfortable around him. Everyone actually liked him.

“Jack, this is like, the tenth time you’ve tried! It’s not going in!”

“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!” Alex yelled out. Angela’s face turned a bright pink and she scratched her head awkwardly. Everyone was laughing and Jack and Alex were pretty much on the floor.

“W-Whatever. Let’s just skip this and go on the go-karts,” Angela walked away from the course and up to the booth, returning her stuff and getting a go-kart wristband. We all did the same.

“Psst, guys. I’ll race you!” Jack looked at everyone with puppy dog eyes until we all agreed.

“THREE, TWO, ONE, BLAAAAAAAST OFF!” Everyone but Kara and I took off running to the other side of the park to the go-karts. No one noticed we weren’t with them.

“I’m guessing I’m not the only one who doesn’t like Marcus,” Kara started. “But you’re just jealous of him. I have a reason to hate him.”

“Why do you hate him?” I ignored her jealousy comment.

“You promise not to tell anyone, especially not Jack or Krysha?” I nodded and she sighed.

“Marcus is dating my sister. I mean, last time I talked to her, he was. I haven’t talked to her in about a month or two.”

“They could have broken up?”

“I’m not sure. Usually she calls me when she broke up with a boyfriend or a boyfriend broke up with her. Marcus hasn’t acted strangely or anything towards me, and he knows who I am. Maybe they did break up and I just didn’t know?”

“You should ask your sister if they broke up.”

“I don’t know, I want to. But what if they’re still together? Then he’ll hurt my sister and Krysha. I can’t have 2 of the most important people in my life be upset about the same guy. I can’t pick sides! It would be like a whole new bundle of stress for me!”

“I’m sorry, but the only thing I could think of is to not tell them. Let them figure it out on their own or something.”

“But won’t they be mad when they find out that I knew?”

“Either they’ll understand why you did it, or you could pretend you didn’t know.”

“Okay. I’ll try. I’ll call my sister real quick. Stay here with me?”

“Sure.”

Kara took out her phone and dialed in her sister’s number. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke up.

“Delaney? It’s Kara. Yeah, I know it’s been a while. I have a question. Are you still dating that Marcus guy? Really. Uh-huh. Okay, thanks. Bye Lee.” She hung up and chewed on her bottom lip, a squeal coming from her closed mouth.

“They’re still together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers: 86; Subscribers: 23; Comments: 48
<3
So sorry that it's short. I didn't have anything planned for this chapter, so it just kind of shot out like toothpaste.
What? I don't know.
I totally came up with Angela's TWSS joke right on the spot. I'm good ;D

So I love everyone who comments! And subscribes!
I'll try to get a better chapter out soon. This week/weekend will be very time consuming, considering my birthday is on Tuesday and everyone is making plans around then.

You know what would make my birthday the best ever?
2 things, every single subscriber comments, even if it's really short.
And read/comment/subscribe to my new Alex Gaskarth story You're Dressed To Kill.
Oh, and GO READ THIS AMAZING JACK BARAKAT STORY! Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)
Love you all more then I love pie!