Status: Completed

It's Not Real

Chapter 18 -Too Much-

We sat in the waiting room, I was playing with my thumbs and Chelsea was texting the situation to Terra. We didn't want to get fired, but she also texted details to Emma. "We called the Mury's and they're on their way," one of the nurses said.

"Thanks," I said giving her a smile.

"You know this is all your fault," Chelsea said glancing at me and then burrying her head back into her phone.

"Well thats rude," I said defensively, "why would you even say that."

"Little miss I'm not scared of anything thought that she could handle him," she said raising an eyebrow at me. It's not my fault and I know it, I mean it's not my fault.

"I had him right where I wanted him, if anything it's his fault," I said. She looked at me as if asking really, I rolled my eyes and said, "he didn't have to come and help it was his choice, and his choice to get stabbed."

"You are ridiculous," she said, "you could have been dead."

I then thought, "why did he come anyway."

She laughed a bit and shook her head, she glanced at my confused look and rolled her eyes. "He asked where you were and when I told him I believe his last words were 'is se an idiot', " she laughed. I rolled my eyes annoyed and just looked away. "You know what, I think he was right," she said laughing again.

I almost got killed and my friend is abusing me, it's as if she wants me to apologize or something. I think he should thank me if anything, I saved him, if I hadn't hit Cody with a rock he might be dead.

The Mury's came in and his mother came over to me asking what happened, I explained most of the situation. "Oh Dave my baby," she said burrying her head into her husbands shoulder. I felt bad, them there made me realize it might really be my fault.

"Are, you the Mury's," the nurse asked and Dave nodded, "Aaron is going to be fine, do you want to see him." The family walked in and I just sat next to Chelsea twiddling my thumbs. They were in there for a long time, I don't think they had problems, but there is nothing like a near death experience to bring a family together.

"You two can go in," Mrs. Mury said as the family walked out. Chelsea and I walked into the cold hospital room he sat up in his bed.

"You know what," Chelsea said stopping in her tracks, "I think I should leave you two to work things out, you may never get another chance." She slammed the door behind her and I just looked at him kind of embarrassed.

"Are you okay," I said sitting in the chair that had been pulled over next to the bed.

"Nice to know you were so concerned about me," he said with smirk on his face.

"Why are you so stupid," I said smiling at him.

"I'm stupid, you followed a guy who's bigger than you with anger issues into a secluded areas," he said raising his eyebrow, "that screams stupid to me."

"But you came to the secluded area too," I said, "if you knew it would be dangerous you shouldn't have gone."

"I couldn't just wait and hope that you were okay," he said looking me in the eye. I looked towards the ground and he leaned over raising my face so that our eyes met. "I could never forgive myself if something happened to you." What the heck was this, stop being sweet I know you you idiot.

"I see," I said angrily, "you get to be the hero and I'm just a damsel in distress." I got up and walked to the door, I began to walk out and then turned back and said, "remember I'm the one who saved your life buddy." I had to do it, no more falling for the sweet act just to have the same thing happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short but important