‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: Active. :) comments would be lovely dearies!

Don't Think I'll Make You Stay

Meeting Michael Way;

It was a gloomy, rainy day in Newark, New Jersey. My family and I had just moved here from New York City. Why is beyond me because I didn’t see the need to leave the only place any of us had ever lived.

I was on my way to the local ’Barnes & Noble’ to get a couple new books and CDs. I was in need of something I could relate too. I was pretty sure I would not relate to any of these preppy looking girls around here. So I was just going to stick with my favorite CDs and books.

I pulled my military style jacket closer to my body. It was too cold for an April day. ‘Barnes & Nobles’ was still a block away and it felt like it was down pouring. My umbrella was thankfully not broken during the move and was protecting me from getting completely soaked.

The short distance took me about a minute or so to walk. My boots hit the pavement with a wet ‘thud’ with every step I took; eager to see if they had any new Smashing Pumpkins music in. I took my umbrella down and shook it once I was save under the small roof on the building. I closed it before walking into the grand building. Books and music lined shelves for ten or so rows. Small, but cozy.

I smiled warmly as I headed straight to the fiction section of the books, already knowing what book I was going to pick out. ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Bronte; it was my favorite book of all time. Since I was 13, I’ve read it seven times. Though, since I’m 17 that doesn’t seem like a lot, but it really is.

As I passed the first couple rows, I noticed a tall guy , around five eleven or so, in his teens working the register. He looked rather bored and with his hair in all directions a little weird. I chuckled at him causing myself unwanted attention from him. He raised his eye brows, his brown eyes glassy from being tired and smirked a little. I gave him a small, shy smile and quickly looked away heading straight to the row of fiction. The book wasn’t too hard to spot, it’d been a best seller since it’s release in the 1800s.

I pulled the book off the shelf and headed to one of the few tables. I took a seat in the far corner, the farthest from the guy working the register. I had just gotten to the part where Lockwood gets sick from the weather, when the guy walked up to my table. I looked up from the book. He had light brown hair, brown eyes that seemed to twinkle even through glasses and the sweetest look ever.

I smiled shyly up at him. “Hi.”

“Hey.” He mumbled, “uh, we’re closing in a few minutes. So I’m sorry but you’re going to have to leave.” I was confused, I hadn’t been there for an hour and a half already had I?

“Oh, uh…what time is it?” I asked biting my lip lightly.

“Almost seven. Uh, if you don’t have a ride… I can, uh, give you a lift. It’s a total down pour out there still. But if you don’t want to it’s totally fine.”

“Oh uh, thanks.” I gathered my book and bag up and walked to the register with him.

“So, what’s your name?” He asked as I set the book down on the counter.

“Eleanor, but most people call me Ellie.” I pulled my small wallet out of my bag and grabbed out a ten.

“4.50 please.” He said, I handed him the ten and he soon gave me change.

“So, what’s your name?” I asked as he finished everything up and closed the register.

“Michael, but I go by Mikey.” He smiled, showing off his white teeth and pushing up his glasses.

“Nice to meet you, Mikey.” I held out my hand, gesturing for him to shake it.

“Nice to meet you too, Ellie.” He took my hand, shaking it lightly. When his hand first touched mine, my hand tingled, like a small electric shock had been pulsed through it. Mikey’s eyes went directly into mine, like he was looking deeper into me. We held our gaze and hands for a few minutes before we were snapped out of it by his supervisor yelling to give him the key. Mikey and I both shook our heads and let go of each other’s hand. He ran the key over to his boss and came back to me.

“Come on.” Mikey exclaimed, grabbing a hold of my left hand and rushing towards the entrance of the store. He took my umbrella from me and opened it before both of us were under it and on our way to his car. When we got to his car, a little Camry, he left me with the umbrella and went to the driver’s side. Mikey unlocked the car and hurriedly got in. He leaned over and unlocked my door and I got in, shaking my umbrella out the door and closing it. I placed it on the mat and sighed.

“So, where to Ellie?” I looked over at Mikey, his head was turned towards me and a small smirked played at his lips.

“Uh, go straight for about five blocks…then take a left. Then I’ll tell you from there.” I said slowly. I was still trying to figure out where I lived too.

Mikey chuckled, “New in town?” He asked. I nodded. “It’s okay, not everyone can figure out where they live in a day or so.”

I turned to look at him and raised an eyebrow. “How do you know that I’ve only been here a day?” I asked utterly confused.

“You moved in across the street from my house. I live in the off-white house with black shutters.” I thought he looked a little familiar.

“Oh, you’re a Way.” I giggled a little. A way, away. Funny.

“Haha.” Mikey said sarcastically as he drove towards our homes. “So, how do you like Jersey?” He’s tone turning from sarcastic to

I shrugged, “It’s okay. I like how this isn’t as cluttered as New York…but New York is my home. You can’t go wrong with home.” Mikey nodded.

“Nope, you can’t go wrong with home. Though I’m sure you’ll learn to like this place more. It’s not too bad, there’s still a lot of crime but it’s Jersey. Expect anything less?” He asked with a sly smirk.

I shook my head. “Nope. Never did.” My voice was a little over a whisper. The rest of the ride was filled with him playing Anthrax. A good band I might add. I nodded my head a little to the beat and leaned my chin against my palm. My elbow was propped up on the window sill.

“Well, thanks for the ride.” I said softly as Mikey pulled into my driveway.

“No problem.” Mikey smirked a little.

“Oh, uh… when’s the next time you’re not working?” I asked, in hopes of it being tomorrow.

“I have tomorrow off.”

“Oh, uh… wanna take me around town, see what’s cool and what’s…not?” I gave him an ‘I’m-desperate-to-leave-home-and-hang-out-with-you’ look. He laughed a little and nodded.

“Yeah, be up at about…oh Nine and I’ll be over. Oh and don’t wear anything too dressy.” His smirk never left his face.

“Okay. Thank you for the ride Mikey. I’ll see you tomorrow.” As I opened the door, Mikey grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. I turned towards him, thinking he was going to kiss me or something, but he just smiled sweetly and said, “You look beautiful by the way.”

I blushed a deep crimson and bit my lip to try to hide the smile I had.

“Thanks, you pretty handsome yourself.” I giggled before jumping out of the car and running to the porch. I looked back, to see if he had gone across the street yet. He hadn’t, so I waved before walking into the house and placing my umbrella on the coat rack. I don’t know every thing about this Michael Way…but I was bond and determined to figure it out soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ellie
Mikey

AHH! It's finally up. :)

I've been postponing this because chapter two isn't even finished yet. gah.I'm slow at writing occasionally :)
But I've been working on a er- three shot? lol.
It's a Zacky Vengeance story.

Anyway;
I hope you guys liked it!