Flock

Bail Me Out

Rocky blamed his lifestyle on my name.Sure , it was his fault he left college.And yeah , it was also his fault he told his employee to shove his job into the stock room.And okay , he could've tried to make some money instead of retiring to the streets.But still , it was his damn mother who put him in this mess."Ryann Peter Ross , pleased to meet you!". Already he sounded like a corny business man.Yep,that's it.He always had big shoes to fill.A shadow has always hung over him;the shadow of his impressive name.I mean , even my nickname is something."Rocky." He can throw a couple of punches at the guys who interfere his sleep at night , but he's no professional boxer.

But tonight , everything was going to change.There's only one place in mind for fellow party-harders like him."Orion".Man,that club sounded impressive.And he's got one person in mind that he is so gonna meet there; Adrianna.

Adrianna is the angel that fell from the stars , his one and only and all that crap.Sure , she doesn't know his name yet.But he pretty much has it in the bag , as far as he's concerned. He can be charming when he wants to.But there's only one problem.Being homeless really is a disadvantage.He needed money.

Rocky lifted himself from the alley way and walked casually towards Paul's house.Paul's his main man when he's broke.Sure , he's a musician.In some band called Bell Eleven or something.He's absolutely loaded anyway.

"Yo , Paula!" He said as soon as Paul opened the door , grinning.

"Rocky.." Paul said slowly , wrinkling his nose.

"Can I come in?It's absolutely freezing down Alley town." Rocky said sadly.

"Uh..sure." He opened the door wider , allowing his guest to enter.He stepped inside his living room.

"So..what's up?What do you want?" Paul said slowly , lowering himself into a chair.

"Nothing.Can't a guy visit his friend without the suspicions?" Rocky laughed uneasily.

"Rocky." Paul raised his eyebrows.

"Okay,okay.I admit it.Old Rocky's gone broke and he needs some money.Okay , Paul?And you're the only one I can come to now!"

"What about Manuel?"

"Manuel's my drinking buddy dude , he ain't nothing for bailing me out when I need it!" He allowed the tears to well up in his eyes dramatically - he was a good actor in his youth.

"Okay,okay.How much do you need?" Paul said reluctantly."Yes!" He thought triumphantly.Now , to play it cool.

"Whatever you can spare , man..that's alright with me..."

"I'll make a deal with you.Fifty euro or whatever I have in my pocket.Your call." Paul's eyes twinkled maliciously.Rocky paused.

"Whatever you have in your pocket , dude." he replied hopefully.He'd give Rocky the difference anyway; Paul's like that.

"Forever , a gambler." Paul sighed and produced a hundred note and some loose change."Go crazy." Why the hell did he have that much money on him anyway , Rocky thought.

"Thanks a million , dude." he said happily , pocketing the money.

"Sure.But Rocky..?"

"Yeah?"

"You owe me."