Status: This is a story I posted on Quizilla so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Melting On Ice

Chapter Sixteen

"Good morning." Patrick leaned in and kissed me when I opened the door for him. He made a face as he pulled back from me. "Did you brush your teeth yet?"

I blushed as I threw a couch pillow at him. "You're lucky that I even got out of bed this morning. Do you think that you guys could've booked a later flight?" I walked into the bathroom and put my toothbrush under the running water.

"Where's Miranda?" He asked, ignoring my pessimism.

"Oh Jon came and got her this morning, at the time that he actually said he would come." I shot him a look as I walked out or the bathroom with my toothbrush in my mouth.

"Hey," He put his hands up defensively. "The fact that I was late actually proves that I am a better boyfriend then him."

"Please explain that logic to me." I said skeptically as I walked back over to spit in the sink.

"Well," He clapped his hands together as he stared at the wall and I assumed that he was thinking of a way to respond. "I came late on purpose because I knew that you wouldn't be ready because you are late to everything." I stuck my tongue out at him. "So actually I was thinking of you by arriving late to pick you up." He smiled, obviously pleased with himself.

I rolled my eyes as I dragged him out of the apartment. "How long did it take you to think of that one?"

He shrugged. "Long enough."

"Come on," I started half sprinting to the elevator. "We are already late."

"I'm Patrick Kane." He pointed smugly to himself. "They can wait for me."

"Just come on." I said as I pushed the elevator button and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for it to reach the bottom floor. I was pleasantly surprised to find that when we arrived at the United Center, where the celebration rally parade was to begin, that almost half of the team wasn't even there yet.

"Nice shirt." Niemi said as he nodded his head in the direction of my new Stanley Cup champions shirt.

"Thanks." I smiled as I looked down at it. "Would you mind signing it?" He laughed but nonetheless came over and signed next to his name on the back of the shirt. I thought it would be a easy way to kill time to go around and get everyone to autograph the shirt.

"Just think." Tazer said as he placed the cap back on my Sharpie. "In fifty years you can sell this on e-bay for a fortune."

"I'm pretty sure that I could sell it today on e-bay for a fortune." He laughed as he ushered me onto the bus where Patrick and Miranda were waiting for us. I observed as Patrick attempted to drink out of the Cup, most of it spilling down his shirt. "Patrick," I laughed as I sat down next to him. "It works a lot better if you get at least one drop into your mouth." He rolled his eyes at me before dumping the remaining contents onto my head. I opened my mouth in disbelief at him as I examined my soaking wet tee-shirt. "You are so dead."

Seabrook placed his hand on my arm to hold me back. "Just wait until after the parade."

"Fine." I grumbled as I sat back down. At least I could use the time sitting here to think of revenge. Miranda, Jon, Patrick, and I were at the back of the double decker bus that the team was riding on, so we got a perfect view of the red, black, and white wave of people that followed the bus.

"This is so cool!" Miranda gushed as she picked some pieces of confetti out of her hair. I couldn't even respond because I was laughing to hard from watching Patrick make a fool of himself. He was in the middle of some sad attempt at dancing when people started throwing stuff up at him to autograph. I glanced over at Tazer to see that he was guarding the Cup like his life depended on it. I am pretty sure that he didn't take his hand off of it for even one second. I waved out at the screaming crowd and people cheered even though they probably had no idea who the heck I was.

I could feel the adrenaline pulsing through the air as the guys all stood up and cheered along with the crowd as they made their way to the stage to make their speeches. Patrick seemed tired out just from the ride over because right as they reached the stage he walked to the side and leaned his head down on a railing. I slowly forced my way through the crowd to make my way to him.

"Why does that fool think that he can rap?" I asked after Versteeg had finished up showing off his inner Eminem. Patrick laughed slightly but didn't lift up his head. "You okay?"

"Yeah," he mumbled as he slowly wiped his forehead. "I just have a killer headache."

"That is called a hangover my friend." I leaned over him and started rubbing his temples slightly. "Now come on. It's your turn to give a speech." I patted his back lightly as he stood up. The crowd laughed along to Patrick's most likely improvised speech and he was handed a wrestling belt that the guys had purchased. I laughed as the crowd cheered when he held it over his head.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we exited the stage. "Well that was fun."

* * *

"I am so tired." I whined to Patrick as I leaned into him. It was about three in the morning and we were just walking up to his building.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Patrick asked, his words slurring slightly.

"Yeah right," I laughed as he stumbled. "You're drunk. You'd probably drop me."

He sighed as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Fine, but would you at least like to stay the night?"

I hope he didn't notice me blush when I leaned my head onto his shoulder. "Sure."

He rubbed his eyes sleepily as he pushed the elevator button for his floor. "I think that I am going to sleep for the next two days straight."

"Me too." I said as I dragged myself out of the elevator. "Give me your key." I held out my hand expectantly and slowly opened the door. As he stumbled his way into the living room, I bolted for his room and locked the door behind me.

"Em," he complained as he pounded on the door. "Let me in."

"Sorry Patrick," I yelled through the door to him as I started to search through his closet for something for me to sleep in. "It's too early in our relationship for us to be sleeping together." I smirked to myself, only imagining his facial reaction.

"That is not what I meant." He pounded half heartedly on the door.

"Why don't you sleep on the couch?" I suggested as I pulled his tee-shirt over my head.

"This is my apartment," The pounding stopped as he argued with me. "You sleep on the couch."

"Is that anyway to talk to your girlfriend?" I mocked him as I laid down on his bed. "Besides, this is my revenge."

"For?" He asked and I heard him pulling on the door knob, attempting to unlock it.

"Let me think," I said sarcastically as I patted my chin. "Maybe for spilling champagne down my autographed tee-shirt!"

Through the door, I could tell that he rolled his eyes. "It's not like your never going to see them again. Just have them sign a new one." I crossed my arms stubbornly as I stared at the wall, thinking this over. He sighed, realizing that I was not going to let him in. "Do I at least get a good night kiss?"

I sighed loudly to annoy him. "I guess." I slowly opened the door and ran my hand down over his cleanly shaven face. As I leaned in to kiss him and his arms wrapped around me as he spun me around and slammed the door in my face. "Patrick Timothy Kane!" I slammed my fist angrily against the door as I heard him turn the lock. "Let me in right now!"

"I don't think so!" I heard as he leaned against the door, incase I figured out a way to unlock the lock.

"Fine," I dropped my hands on the door. "Then I'll just walk home." I stepped back , waiting to see if he would protest. "Down the dark Chicago streets." I stepped further away from the door. "All alone." I made my voice more dramatic and rested my hand over my forehead, theatrically waving my other hand about even though he couldn't see it.

I paused in his living room, waiting to hear as the door came unlocked. He slowly opened the door to reveal his shirtless body. "Fine, come on."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you guys enjoy :) GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!