Status: This is a story I posted on Quizilla so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Melting On Ice

Chapter Fifteen

"You're lying." Miranda side glanced at me with a childish grin from Patrick's airplane seat that she had stolen from him when he went to go to the bathroom so that she could talk to me. We were on our way to Philadelphia for game six of the Stanley Cup finals.

"I'm not lying." I laughed as I turned around in my seat to see Patrick talking to Tazer in Miranda's seat. He gave me a small wave when he caught me looking and Tazer winked at me causing me to turn back around, embarrassed in my seat. "It really happened."

"It's true." Keith leaned over on my seat from behind and I laughed at the slight lisp that he had due to his missing teeth. "He kissed her in front of the entire team." He smiled and stuck out his tongue through his missing teeth.

"Ew, you know I hate that!" I shuddered as he sat back down.

"Aw," She laughed. "Of course it's the one game that I don't come to." She crossed her arms "But it's alright, I bet he'll do it again tonight when they win the Stanley Cup!" She said the last part a little louder, causing cheers to erupt from around us.

"Alright," I pushed her slightly so that she would get out of her seat. "Tazer's giving me the stink eye so you should get back there." I made sure that I said this loud enough so that he could hear. He made a face at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. I leaned into Patrick as he sat back down.

"Aw, that's so cute." Sharp and Burish turned around in their seats in front of us before shoving the camera in our faces.

"Stop it." I groaned as I placed my hand in front of the lens. "I'm tired and I want to go to sleep." I leaned my face into Patrick's chest and he placed his hand on top of my head.

"Then you won't even notice that we are here." Sharpie reasoned as he kept the camera in front of us.

"Just out of curiosity," Burish said as he turned so that I could see him better. "Are you guys still going to be cool or are you going to be mushy all of the time since your dating now?"

I rolled my eyes as Patrick put his headphones in his ear to listen to his iPod. "What are you listening to?" I asked and took one ear out so that I could hear too. I heard as my voice flooded out of the headphones.

He smiled down at me. "My favorite CD." I smiled before leaning up and kissing him lightly.

"I guess that answers that question." Sharp said as he adjusted the camera so it was centered on my face.

I sighed into Patrick. "This is going to be a long plane ride."

* * *

"No, no, no!" I screamed as Hartnell scored the game tying goal of what we hoped would be the last game in the Stanley Cup finals series. The game had started off in the first period with Buff scoring with assist from Tazer and Patrick. Shortly after though, Hartnell tied it up before the end of the first period. Then in the second, Briere put the Flyers ahead with another goal. Then Sharp skated down the ice and landed another goal, followed by Ladd's goal that put us ahead. I had been sitting on the edge of my seat during the entire game to see if we could hold onto our lead until just now when Hartnell tied it up. Niemi shot me an irritated look and I forced myself to smile reassuringly at him. It didn't look like that hard of a shot, but who knows. I waited as I heard the bell signaling the end of the third period to ring. I turned around to see two Flyers fan that had been giving me dirty looks throughout the entire game high-five each other. I glared at them and one pretended to spit on my Kane jersey as I sat back down. I had been trying not to distract the guys during the game but now it was getting excruciatingly difficult. They needed a little talking to. Instead though, I just bit my tongue and vented to Miranda. "Oh, my, God."

"I know!" She screamed as she shook me slightly. "I can hardly stand the anticipation." I looked over to see the team all huddled around Coach Quenneville, keeping their heads down. I glanced in the other direction to see the flyers doing the same. I smiled as Chris Pronger sat down on the opposite bench on the side that was closest to me.

"Miss me Crissy?" I smiled mockingly at him as I used the name that the Chicago Tribune had given him. I laughed when I imagined him in a skirt like the Tribune had photo-shopped it to look like. He rolled his eyes as he turned his attention away from me. I watched as Patrick wobbled over to me on his skates and sat down by me at the bench, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. "Keep your head up Patrick," I lifted up his chin, only for it to fall back down. "You're playing great."

"I don't know if we can do this Em," He whispered as he played with his water bottle. "I don't know if I can do this."

"What are you talking about?" I intertwined my hand in his. "You're freaking Patrick Kane!" He laughed slightly under his breath. "You were the first draft pick in 2007! You were Rookie of the year and won the Calder Memorial Trophy in 2008! You won a silver medal in the Olympics!" I grabbed onto his chin and pulled his face towards me so that we were forced to make eye contact. "And you're about to win the Stanley Cup." I leaned over and kissed him hard.

"You are excellent at pep talks," he mumbled against my lips.

"I know." I smiled at him as I pulled away. We both looked around as the buzzer signaling the start of over-time sounded. "Now go get 'em Kaner." He laughed as I hugged him. I rubbed my hands together nervously as the first line went onto the ice. The crowd rose to it's feet as the Flyers skated around our goal and then when we went back by theirs'. I watched as Patrick skated onto the ice. I swallowed hard and could hardly watch, I was so nervous for him. The Flyers skated back down by our net and I strained my eyes to follow the puck. Suddenly, Soupy broke away with the puck, Patrick following not far behind. He passed the puck to Patrick and for a second it looked like he was going to pass it back but instead he shot it right under Leighton. I stood up and started screaming, earning several strange glances from the people around me including Huet who was sitting beside me on the bench. "What aren't you celebrating?" I screamed at him. "You guys just won the Stanley Cup!"

I looked out onto the ice to watch as Patrick threw off his gloves and skated directly over to Niemi, jumping up and down. Everyone on the ice looked around in confusion. Finally Tazer caught on along with the rest of the team and the players on the bench left my side so that they could join the pile that had formed on the ice. Patrick smiled over at me before being jumped on by Brouwer. Then they all started attacking each other in excitement. I smiled proudly as they skated past, pounding on the glass and screaming.

"I can't believe it!" I screamed as I hugged Miranda, who still seemed to be in a daze. "They actually did it! They actually won!"

"I can't believe it either!" She screamed as we started jumping up and down together. After several more minutes of celebration, we were two of the few cheers above the boo's as Jonathan went to accept the Conn Smyth trophy. Then he went to get the cup. He skated around in a small circle before handing it off to Hossa. I watched as they all skated around, holding it high above their heads, completely oblivious to the negative noises that were coming from the Philadelphian crowd. It seemed as if a smile was permanently plastered on my face as they each took their turn. This was so unbelievable.

I waited patiently until the family and friends were allowed onto the ice. I was caught off guard when Tazer skated right up to me and grabbed my hand. "Come on," He said, pulling me as I tried to keep up with him and focus on not slipping on the ice and killing myself. "It's your turn."

"My turn?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah," Kopecky said as he skated over to me with the cup. "Do you really think that we could have done this without you?"

I looked around at all of the smiling faces that I had grown to love over the past three years when Patrick was first drafted to Chicago. The smiling faces that I would never, ever forget. Patrick skated around behind me and helped me hold the cup up since it was too heavy for me to do on my own. "This is so cool!" I smiled back at him as I ran my fingers along the names that were imprinted forever on it. The past dreams that had come true. Then I ran my hand over the newly added ones, the dream that I was able to be apart of. I rubbed my thumb over Patrick's name and looked back at him to make sure that he had seen. After all of his hard work, we were finally here. I stepped away from him so that he could hold cheer as he held the cup over his head and I wouldn't get my ear drum blown out.

Versteeg skated over to me with a water gun that he had filled with champagne. "Under age here!" I screamed at him but I couldn't stop laughing.

"As long as it doesn't get in your mouth it's fine!" He yelled over all or the excitement as he continued to spray me in the stomach. After getting me completely soaking wet, he continued on to his next victim. I looked around for Patrick and saw him answering a few questions for some reporters.

I looked around the arena and saw Jon skating around with Miranda. I smiled at the sight as I waited patiently for Patrick to finish up. I squealed with delight as I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he picked me up. "Hey Em, guess what?"

I laughed as he turned me around and I wrapped my legs around his torso. "What?"

"We just won the Stanley Cup!" I held on tight as he twirled us around.

"Really?" I sarcastically asked his shoulder as I leaned into him. "I didn't realize."

He stumbled a little as he struggled to keep us in balance. "God, that was fun! But I am so glad that it's over. I don't think that I could've lived through a game seven."

I laughed as I leaned up and kissed him. "I'm just glad that it's over so that you can finally shave that ugly mullet of yours!" I intertwined my fingers into it as I spoke.

"Really?" He asked as he shook his head. "I was considering keeping it for the summer."

"Ah, no." He laughed as I pulled lightly on it again. "That thing is coming off as soon as we leave this place."

"Why?" He formed his lips into a tiny pout. "It's lucky. I mean, look where we are?" He took one hand off of my back and gestured around us.

"Patrick," I rolled my eyes at him. "We're not here because of some stupid mullet. We're here," I continued to run my fingers through his hair as I spoke. "Because you have worked hard for this and you deserve it more then anyone I know."

He sighed as he gently set me down. "You're right, but I'm still going to grow it again next playoff season."

"I figured as much." I rolled my eyes as he laughed. He placed his hand on the back of my neck and leaned down and kissed me slowly. When we pulled away from each other I whispered, "Now go celebrate."
♠ ♠ ♠
Stanley Cup chapter! It's like it's happening all over again...thanks for reading! Hope you guys enjoy :) GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!