Status: This is a story I posted on Quizilla so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Melting On Ice

Epilogue

"Mrs. Kane?" I crinkled my eyebrows as I tucked my hair that had fallen out of my ponytail behind my ear. I buried my face deeper in the magazine article in Reader's Digest I was reading about interpreting your dreams. It was actually pretty interesting. "Is there a Mrs. Kane out here?" A few awkward coughs caused me to unwillingly lift my head from the page. "Mrs. Kane?"

"Oh that's me." I bit my lip and set the magazine back down on the little side table next to the chair I had been sitting in. I smiled apologetically at the nurse. "Sorry, that name's going to take a little getting used to."

"It's no problem," she mumbled, keeping her attention on the clipboard she held in front of her. Her scrubs squeaked in sync with my sneakers as she led me into the back room. "You can sit down. The doctor will be in, in a minute."

I smiled halfheartedly and nodded as she exited the room. I nervously tapped my fingers on the bottom of the table that I was sitting on. The paper crumpled underneath me as I shifted uncomfortably. I had to breath to tell myself to calm down. It's not official yet, I mentally coached myself so I wouldn't start hyperventilating. Mistakes happen. I smoothed out some of the bumps I had in my pony tail and let out a deep breath as my eyes scanned the room. While I was physically in the boring white room where they were keeping me, mentally I was sitting at home on the couch. Impatiently tapping my foot on the hardwood floor, waiting for Patrick to come home from practice. How was I going to tell him?Maybe I wouldn't have to. Hopefully I wouldn't have to. If all of this stress was for nothing, I was going to sue Clearblue.

“Mrs. Kane?” I shifted uncomfortably and nodded as the doctor slowly opened up the door. He swiftly glided into the room, his coat floating up from behind him. “I'm doctor Maglizzoli. I'm sure your anxious to hear the results.” I smiled weakly when he smirked at me. “Would you mind laying down?” He asked, even though he had already pulled out the footrest which forced me into a laying position. The paper pillow crunched underneath my hair as I rested my head upon it. He gently rolled up the bottom of my shirt to expose my stomach. I flinched a little when he placed the cool gel onto my torso. “Sorry.” He smiled apologetically and I nodded to wave him off. Freezing cold gel was the last thing I had to be worried about. “Kane.” He said mine and Patrick's shared name simply. “As in Patrick Kane?”

“Yeah,” I nodded as I tried to get myself to focus on the conversation so that I would relax. “Yes, Kane as in Patrick Kane.”

“You're the closest thing that I've ever had to a celebrity in here.” I laughed airily as he smiled down at me. “Well be sure to let him know I'm a big Blackhawks fan.” I nodded to reassure him. “Any chance I will ever get to meet the young hockey star?” A glimmer of amusement flashed across his features. I smiled even though I was thinking, hopefully not.

I kept my eyes on the tiny computer screen as he swiveled it around. He narrowed his eyes as the tiny device he held in his hand roamed my body. A tiny smirk spread across his face. “What?” I asked, panic momentarily rising with in me. “Is something wrong?”

“Well Mrs. Kane.” I propped myself up onto my forearms when he turned around to face me. “It looks like you have a new pair of tiny ice skates to purchase.”

* * *

“Emma?” I paused in my pacing when Patrick slowly opened the front door. He knitted his eyebrows together as he examined my frozen figure, my hand lightly resting on my stomach. “You okay?” He dropped his hockey bag and it made a loud thump that echoed through our apartment.

I nodded as I quickly plastered a smile on my face. “Yep.” I punched him lightly in the arm. “Just dandy.”

“Okay then,” he said slowly. He laughed under his breath before leaning down and kissing me lightly. He cupped his hand under my hair and around the back of my neck before slowly pulling back when he realized I wasn't as into it as usual. “Then why don't I believe you?”

“Patrick, everything is perfectly fine.” I pulled his arm and led him over to the couch. I plopped down on it and wrapped my arm around his waist when he sat down next to me. I sighed as I leaned into him. “Today I saw this cute little boy wearing your jersey.” I smiled into his chest as the image flashed through my mind. “He even had your blonde hair.” I reached up and ruffled his hair and he laughed quietly to himself.

“Well can you blame him?” He smirked down at me. “I mean, I am the best.”

I laughed as I lightly kissed his neck. “Would the best like to go take out the garbage?” I asked, knowing full well that I had left a positive pregnancy test laying right on top.

My heart rate increased as he shifted slightly. “Maybe in a little while.” My face fell slightly as he started to ruin my plan. “I'm a little tired from practice.”

“Please?” I asked leaning up and kissing him again, schmoozing him a little. “It smells.” My body lifted with his as he let out a low grunt. “And if you don't do it now, you'll just forget.”

“Fine,” he sighed as he leaned down and kissed me for a little longer this time. I shifted my weight from off of him before he stood. My heart rate increased as he made his way to the kitchen as I anticipated his reaction. I heard the garbage bag crumple in the distance as he pulled it out of the garbage can. “Em?”

“Yes?” I asked before standing up and leaning in the doorway into the kitchen. I struggled to keep the smile off my face at his strained tone of voice.

“What's this?” He turned around and held the pregnancy test out and away from him, like it was poison.

“Oh, that.” I bit my lip as I struggled to make the conversation that I had rehearsed numerous times in my mind escape my lips. “Well remember last week when Miranda was here?” I asked, recalling the day that I had taken the test with my best friend here supporting me.

“Oh my god.” Patrick dropped the test and it made a clanking sound as it fell to the floor. A slight smirk of amusement played on his features. “Miranda's pregnant?

“What?” I exclaimed in disbelief.

Scandalous,” Patrick sang, laughing slightly. “Em, I didn't think that Tazer had it in him.” He kept the same smirk on his face as he slowly shook his head. “But apparently-.”

“Patrick Kane,” I interrupted him and I crossed my arms across my chest. “You have got to be kidding me right now.” His look of amusement slowly turned to confusion. “Miranda's not pregnant!” I sighed in aggravation when he stared at me blankly. “I am!” I walked slowly over to where he was frozen in shock and placed my arms around his waist. “Patrick, we're having a baby,” I whispered.

“What?” He closed his eyes and shook his head. “How did this happen?”

“Sorry big boy.” I smirked as I pat his back. “That's a conversation that you're gonna have to have with your parents.” I leaned up and lightly kissed his lower lip since his upper one was separated in shock. “Patrick?” I laughed slightly as I placed my hand on his pale cheek. “Are you alright?” I shrieked as his five-ten, 178 pound figure fell out of my arms. “Patrick?” I knelt down next to him on the floor. “You have got to be kidding me,” I sighed. “He can skate around guys five times his size without flinching, and faints when I tell him we're having a baby,” I mumbled to myself as I stood up and walked over to the sink. I filled a small glass with water before kneeling back down by Patrick. “Patrick honey, you're okay.” He flinched when I splashed the freezing cold cup of water on his face. I pulled back from my position of hovering over him when he sat up. His eyes scanned my face for a moment. We both watched as his hand slowly crept towards my stomach, but he pulled it back when he was just about to reach me. I wrapped my hand around his wrist and pulled him towards me again. “It's okay Patrick,” I laughed as he still looked at my stomach uneasily. “You're not going to hurt it.”

He still looked unsure as he lightly rested his hand on my body. “We're having a baby,” he whispered. A smile slowly crept it's way across his face. “Emma,” his eyes looked up at me in excitement. “We're having a baby!”

“I know!” I laughed as he pulled me into his lap on the floor. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me slowly. It wasn't long before his lips broke into a smile though.

“We're going to be parents.” He said it almost jokingly. “We're going to be parents.” Suddenly, he didn't seem so calm anymore. “Em, I don't know anything about being a parent.” There was a hint of hysteria in his tone.

“Patrick, calm down.” I wrapped my arms around his waist to prop him up. I wasn't going to let him faint on me again. “You think I do? We are in this together, okay?”

“Okay.” He nodded and then laughed again. I was starting to get worried that some of Tazer's bipolarity was starting to rub off on him. “The guys are going to freak.” He didn't seem to be able to keep the smile off his face.

“Hopefully they don't have the same reaction as you though.” I accepted his hand when he held it out to help me stand up. “I don't think I could handle a entire team of fainting hockey players.” He glared playfully at me before kissing me lightly on the lips. “Sorry,” I laughed as I pulled back. “But you're never going to live that down.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally here is the epilogue! Sorry it took me so long but let me know what you guys think! :) Thanks for reading. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!