Status: Partners in Crime!

There's No Way To Fix Us

Ten

*Brad*
I clutch the steering wheel tightly. Why am I such an idiot? Why did I have to sleep with Sam?
My phone buzzes in the cup holder. I ignore it. I'd guess Carla, but I'm too upset to look at it. I've done the unforgivable. Carla will never forgive me. I finally reach home.
I run inside and up to my room. My parents won't care about how hungover I am. It doesn't matter to them. Never has.
I can't stand hurting Carla like this. She's my baby girl. She's like my sun. Without her, my world is cold and dark. I have to make it up to her. I have to. After a nap, of course, and a dose of Tylenol.
******
When I woke up at 3 P.M., I could tell that my parents weren't home yet. They wouldn't be home until later tonight anyways. It's their "date night." I grabbed my keys and my wallet, and I decided to change into something decent.
After getting into my car, I decided to go to the flower shop. I knew her favorite flower. White roses. Not red, because they reminded her of all the bad things like hurt, pain, war, and blood in the world. No, it was white, such a pure color. Such a pure soul she had.
I ran into the shop, and I ran over to the cash register. Then, I heard it.
"Brad. Brad. Brad! Brad!" Scar knew just how to annoy me. I hated it when people kept saying my name.
"Scar, shut it," I laughed.
"Here, let me check you out. White roses, how many?" Scar said, reading my mind. It was weird how well she got me sometimes.
"How do you know white roses? Maybe I want red," I said, wanting to make her think she was wrong.
"No, you want white. Carla hates red roses, and you are taking her white roses to make up for sleeping with a slut," Scar said, smirking.
"Carla told you?" I shuddered, wondering what Steph would say to me, because she had to know, too.
"Actually, Carla texted Steph and Steph called me, but that's beside the point," Scar said, looking at me.
"So what? Maybe I did and maybe I didn't. It's not... It doesn't matter. A dozen of white roses, please," I said, hating that Carla was hurt. Steph would've just texted Scarlet if it wasn't a big deal, but she didn't. Steph called, which meant they had something to discuss, and if they were discussing, Carla was upset. Sadly, that something to discuss was me and Carla was upset.
As I handed Scarlet my money, she muttered, "You don't understand."
"How don't I understand, Scar? Please, enlighten me," I said, sarcastically and a little too harshly.
"Brad, shut up. Here's your change, and your flowers. Now, leave. I don't need your attitude. You caused all of this, not Carla," Scar said, frowning.
I grabbed Scar's arm and yanked her close to my face.
"You don't understand," I spat at her.
I let her go, and she looked terrified. Her lip was trembling. She was just too sensitive for me to be this harsh towards.
"Scar.... I'm sorry. Come here," I said, reaching for her.
She looked sheepishly at my arms, then collapsed into them. Scar was scared, and I could tell. I didn't mean to scare her, not Scar.
"I need to go, Scar," I said after letting her calm down.
"I know. Go cheer her up, she needs it," Scar said, kissing my cheek.
I took the flowers and went over to Carla's. I had to hope she was awake. Her mom wasn't home. Good, we could talk alone.
I knocked on the door, flowers in my hand. After I waited a few minutes, I rang the doorbell. After another few minutes, I got the spare key out from under her WELCOME mat. I unlocked the door, placed the key back, and went inside. I figured she was asleep, so I headed up to her bedroom. I eased the door open. I sat the flowers on the floor outside of the room to hide them from her.
She was lying on the bed, her chest rising and falling slowly. She looked so peaceful, except for the smeared make-up around her eyes, which made me frown. She'd been crying. I sat down beside her on the bed and stroked her hair. She was so peaceful.
"Carla," I whispered in her ear.
"Brad?" She muttered, opening her eyes. "Brad!"
She threw her arms around my neck. I laughed and hugged her.
Suddenly, I felt her hand smack my cheek.
"Carla! What did I do?" I asked.
"First, you had sex with that slut and then you lied about it!" She yelled, looking away from me.
"I'm sorry. I was drunk," I said, trying to get her to look at me.
"You really hurt me," She muttered.
"Let me make it up to you," I said, walking out of the room.
I picked up the roses and took them over to her. Her face lit up like New York City on a cold, winter night. '
"Brad, they're beautiful," She said, smiling.
"Just like you," I said to her, kissing her forehead.
Her eyes lit up at that small kiss. I couldn't help it. I leaned in and our lips met. She didn't really want to stop, and neither did I, but I pulled away from her.
"You're tricky," I said with a smile.
"Bradley Joseph, you know you want me," She said, laughing.
"I do, Carla. I do," I said, smiling at her, "But I'm not giving into peer pressure."
"It's okay to give in this once," Carla said, kissing my cheek.
"No, because then this once will turn into a billion times. Peer pressure is bad, Carla Marie," I said, shaking my finger at her.
"Bradley," She whined.
"Carla," I whined back.
She laughed. I loved her laugh. It was pretty much the cutest sound on Earth.
Who knew? Maybe me and Carla belonged together. Maybe she was right, maybe peer pressure was good in this situation. No, it wasn't. I was going to keep her a innocent, little virgin. And that's all there was to it.