‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

cinq;

The minute hand was a little passed the seven on the clock and I was waiting really patiently for Jack to call me back. He had to go out to dinner with his parents because his dad had just gotten back from his business trip, so I let him go.

It was nine-thirty already and I was watching the minute hand move on the clock when my phone rang. I picked it up immediately, my eyes skimming over the caller ID, and a smile forming on my face when I heard Jack's voice through the phone.

"Sorry," Was the first thing he said when I answered the phone. "Dinner ran a little late, but I'm here now. How's your birthday going so far?"

"It's really good, actually. My day at school was horrible, but everything after I got home has been good." I admitted and I heard him chuckle softly.

"That's good. I have a surprise for you, for your birthday." He said and I grinned.

"Aw Jack, you didn't have to get me anything."

"I know, but I wanted to. I saved money for two months, and I think that it's worth it." He told me and I was starting to wonder what it was.

"But how are you going to get it to me?"

"It's in the mail. It should be there tomorrow, so brace yourself."

"How did you get my address?" I asked and he laughed.

"Your mom gave it to me."

"So my mom knows what you got me for my birthday, too?"

"Yep. But I have to go soon...because I have three tests tomorrow, and I'm really tired." I heard him yawn and it made me yawn.

"I am too."

"G'night, Lexi." Hearing him call me by that name again made my stomach twist into knots and I smile to myself.

"Night Jackery." I whispered and he breathed softly before hanging up.

-

The next morning, I rolled out of bed at 5am because I had to pee really bad. Rushing off to the bathroom, I noticed my dad was already awake and making breakfast in the kitchen. I smiled and ran into the bathroom to do my business before I peed myself.

After using the restroom, I waltzed out and dried my hands on my sweatpants and stepping back into my bedroom. I looked at my bed, spotting clumps of caramel fur under my pillow and grabbed up the bear with a grin.

I couldn't wait for Jack's present to come in the mail.

I snuggled the bear close to my chest and walked out of my room to greet my dad, because I felt well rested and I didn't need to sleep any longer.

"G'morning, dad." I said as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Isn't it a little early for you to be up?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"I'm not really tired right now." I smiled and sat down in the chair at the table.

"How did you sleep?"

"Really good."

-

It was the last ten minutes of the day and I was tapping my pencil impatiently against my desk because I was ready to get home and see if I had gotten Jack's present.

I tried my hardest to pay attention, but my eyes were watching the clock for ten straight minutes. As I watched the clock, it seemed like time was moving slower and slower, and as soon as the bell rang, I darted out of the classroom.

I grabbed my stuff from my locker and shoved it in my bag, not even trying to zip it up before I ran down the hallway. I wasn't looking where I was going and slammed into the door and my books tumbled everywhere.

I bent over and picked my stuff up, keeping my eyes on the floor as I did because I could already hear laughter brewing. I was really embarrassed, but I didn't let it bother me. I picked up my stuff and ran out the building.

As soon as I made it home, I rushed inside and searched for the mailbox key.

"Alex, is that you?" I heard my dad ask.

"Yeah, do you know where the mailbox key is, dad?" I asked, digging through a pile of papers on the coffee table.

"Oh, I already got the mail today." My dad said, suddenly appearing in the archway of the hallway. An envelope was placed between his index finger and his thumb and he held it out in my direction. "This came for you today."

"Oh!" I smiled widely and walked over and snatched the envelope from him.

I plopped down on the couch and pushed papers aside on the coffee table and placed the envelope on the table. I read Jack's name, scribbled in his handwriting and I flipped it over. I glanced at the flap on the back and my smile widened.

'Lexy <3'

I continued smiling as I ran my finger under the flap of the envelope and opened it up. I pulled the paper out and I was more than ecstatic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, Guys. I just had a horrible block again. This story is not going for me right now, But I'm trying. I will update this weekend, I swear. I actually know what I'm going to do now, Because the idea I had for this before wasn't working too well, But I've got this new idea and I think you all will like it.

Also, I'm messing with the spacing. I hope you don't mind it. If you do, Just put it in your comment and I can change it.

Anywho, Thank you to everyone who commented last chapter. Comments are love and butterscotch cookies.

<3