‹ Prequel: I Need A Getaway
Status: I'm starting this back up, So stay with me <3

My Last Regret

quatre;

December 14th

I rolled over and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before slamming my fist down on my alarm clock to shut it up. I sat up and looked at the time briefly before climbing out of the bed and shuffling to my dresser to grab some clothes to wear today.

I dug out a pair of black skinny jeans before moving to my closet to find a shirt. Finding a purple-and-black striped sweater, I smiled and got dressed.

After pulling my clothes on, I wandered into the bathroom to fix my hair so it didn't look like I just got out of bed. After ruffling my hair slightly, and getting all the knots out from sleep with my fingers, I smiled at myself in the mirror and walked out into the living room.

I looked around for my dad, but didn't see him in the living room. I entered his bedroom, still not seeing him, and let out a sigh. I was kind of disappointed that he wasn't even here to greet me on my birthday.

Pushing my thoughts about my dad to the side, I drug my feet into the kitchen and pulled the bag of bread out of the breadbox. I pulled out two slices and stuck them in the toaster. While waiting for my bread to be toasted, I stepped over to the fridge in search of butter. My search was unsuccessful and I cursed under my breath.

My birthday was going so great so far.

-

I was sitting in French class, my last period of the day, and I was having the worst time concentrating. The whole class, I was either staring off into space or doodling in my French notebook. I was so ready to go home.

My day had sucked, and not a single person had told me Happy Birthday. To be honest, I don't even think anyone knew it was my birthday.

"Et toi, Alex?" My teacher, Mrs. Garidy, asked me, grabbing my attention immediately.

My eyes widened and I swallowed. I wasn't paying attention. How the hell was supposed to know what she was asking?

I looked around the room for some type of help, but I got none.

"Uh..." I hesitated and tried to think about what the lady was just talking about, but gathered nothing. "I-I don't know."

I got a glare from Mrs. Garidy before she rolled her eyes and walked around the room.

"Would anyone like to help Alex out?" She asked the class and everyone was completely quiet. She sighed and turned back to me.

"Pay attention, Alexander, or you will be seeing me in detention." She informed me and I nodded.

The bell rang a few minutes later and I stuffed everything in my bag before rushing toward the door.

"Alex," Mrs. Garidy called after me as soon as my first foot exited the classroom. "May I see you, please?"

I sighed and stepped back into the classroom.

"I see you're having a hard time in this class, Alex, and not paying attention isn't going to help at all. I would suggest seeing a tutor or coming after school, because your grade in this class isn't very high, and I don't want you to fail." Mrs. Garidy said, her glasses falling slightly down her nose. "Understood?"

I nodded, anxious to get out of the classroom.

"And, another thing, I see that you're late a lot. I've let it slide, but if you're late next class, I am giving you a detention." She nodded, her eyes down-cast at her grade book. "Foreign languages are not easy, and every minute in this class counts. Now, if you plan on passing, I expect to see you working harder and getting here on time, okay?"

I nodded once more and waited for her to dismiss me before I dashed out of the room and into the hallway. I gathered the rest of my school books from my locker, shoving them into my bag, and exited the school.

On my walk home, I sighed and my eyes watched the ground. I began counting the cracks as I walked, until I got home. I needed something to entertain myself on the way home.

As soon as I made it into my dad's apartment, I tossed my bag into the living room and spotted my dad standing in the kitchen.

"Good afternoon, Alex." He greeted with a warm smile and open arms, like he wanted a hug.

"Afternoon." I mocked and sat on the couch and flipped on the TV.

"Are you okay?" He asked, coming to sit next to me.

I shrugged.

"Bad day."

"Well, I got you something. Since today is your birthday." He told me and my eyes lit up immediately. "I figured it'd be a good thing to do, and I'm pretty sure you'll like what I got you. It's in your room."

I was in in a matter of seconds and I darted off to my room with a smile on my face.

On my bed, was a small box wrapped in gold, black, and red reflective wrapping paper. On top was an envelope with my name on it. I grinned and opened it, pulled the card out, and opened it up to read what was inside.

Alex,

Thanks for being a great son.

-Dad


I smiled and folded the card back up and stuffed it into the envelope and moved on to the box. I peeled the wrapping paper off expertly to reveal a black box. My smile dropped slightly, but as soon as I opened the box, it was back again.

I pulled the brand new, slick black iPhone out of the box and held it in my hands like a newborn child.

I turned around to see my dad standing in the doorway and I smiled bigger.

"Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome." He smiled and I walked over and hugged him.

-

It was a little after 4pm when I got everything programmed right on my phone, and I was sitting at the kitchen table, typing in Jack's number into my phone. He was my first contact.

After getting his number in, I typed in his name and saved the contact.

He was the first person I called with my new phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, Guys, I'm so sorry. D: I was going to update again last night, But my mom took my computer because she was pissed off. So, I decided to update tonight. I hope that's okay.

This update was longer, But I don't think the quality was any better. I'm just not being a very good author lately, Sorry. Hopefully, I will be able to get my shit together within these next few chapters, Cause that's when shit's gonna start going down.

And I'm going to tell you guys a story again. Just, Click this link, Because I don't feel like typing it all again. It's right here and also, I'm wearing suspenders tomorrow. Thought I should tell you.

Okay, Well, I love you all, And thank you to all who commented last chapter<3 I am so sorry for my absence, But I think I'm back. I'm getting back into the grove. Alright, Okay.

Follow me on tumblr if you have one<3

<3Mary