Status: active.

Divine Intervention

four;

It wasn't long until I had gotten out of the boat and pulled it onto shore. I lifted my bag onto my shoulder and looked at my surroundings. The trees seemed to be smashed together like thousands of people awaiting their favorite band to come on stage. My gaze carried on to my left where I spotted a small opening in the trees. I walked towards it and pushed my body through the twined branches. After several minutes of pushing through branches and tugging on my bag, I came to a clearing.

The clearing had a small picture-perfect cabin off to the right of the clearing. In front of it was a small pond with stones scattered within it and breaching the surface of the water. To the left of the clearing, where I stood, there were wooden pillars with strange symbols carved up and down them. Directly forward, there was a small shed with vines growing around it.

My feet carried me towards the cabin. As I lifted my hand to knock on the door, it had opened. A handsome man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes smiled down at me. I realized he only had one dimple on the left side of his smile which made it seem a bit crooked. "Hello, Elexa. I've been waiting for you for years," he spoke quickly, not trying to hide his excitement.

"That's a bit awkward," I joked, landing the icebreaker. "My father sent me. There were several assassins after me but I shook them off north of the lakes."

"I figured you'd be something a little bit more menacing than what you are," he said bluntly, speaking over me. I quirked my my right brow and stood a little straighter.

"I guess that's okay. If my opponent was an idiot, he would underestimate me for my womanhood and size. However, any person with a sense of intelligence while fighting would understand that any opponent can be dangerous." I adjusted my strap, and stood my ground. The man just smiled more, seeming to accept my response.

"I'm Walker Adams," he said, tilting his head in a small bow. "Come on in," he opened the door all the way and let me through. Walking in, I noticed a small fire place and the typical sitting room for a cabin. "It's not much," Walker shut the door and looked at me, "but a home, and it's safe." He started walking to the right towards two doors. "The left door is the bathroom," he opened the door to show me as if I didn't believe him. "The right door, is my bedroom. However, while you stay it will be your room and I'll sleep on the couch. There's fre-"

I lifted my hand to stop him. "Honestly, your hospitality itself is enough. I don't need your bed. I can sleep on the couch. I mean, I've been living in trees and sleeping on gra-" I was cut off by Walker put a finger on my lips.

"Honestly, you've been living in trees for three years and a bed can do you good. Tomorrow, we start your training and you need as much rest as possible." He then took my bag from me and went into the room to set it on the bed. "I suggest you shower and begin your relaxing now," he smiled and sniffed me, "you kinda smell like a swamp filled with dead people." Walker chuckled then turned towards the door and left the cabin, leaving me sniffing my clothes and becoming aware of how bad I actually smelled.

----

After my shower I found a pair of sweat pants and an old shirt folded on the bed with a note saying 'pajamas' on it. Dressing, I then hopped onto the bed and sat cross-legged, pulling the duffel bag in front of me. I slowly unzipped the bag and peered inside. I never knew how my father had fit all of this stuff in the bag so neat and snug.

There were about five different outfits neatly packed in the left side of the bag. On the right there were numerous small boxed stacked. Each box had a label that either said FOOD, WEAPON, E.I., or DATA. I assumed E.I. stood for 'enchanted item'. The more boxes I pulled out, the more there seemed to be. I opened a couple of the weapon boxes and was satisfied about how heavily my father supplied me. I was also a bit hesitant about all this stuff. My journey would be long.

A knock on my door made my adrenaline pump through my veins. "Coming!" I shouted, throwing the boxes back into the bag where they sorted themselves back into the original position. For a few seconds I watched them shift, bewildered. Shaking my head, I got off the bed and opened the door. Walker stood with his hair wet and in clothes that looked similar to mine.

"Ah, I knew you'd look and smell lovely after a shower," he laughed by himself. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to let you sleep in slightly tomorrow. I have an errand to run but as soon as I'm back, I'll be waking you up. So be ready to get up immediately and get dressed, no messing with your outfit or anything." I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "Sorry, sorry. We just have a long day ahead of us." He stepped closer and brought his face towards mine, "Good luck princess," he winked then stood straight and shut the door.