Status: Active.

"Baby Please Take My Hand And You'll Never Be Alone Again"... These Words Are The Absolute Truth.

I'm In Love From The First Time I Layed My Eyes On You.

The sky was a deep shade of pink. It was beautiful. Or as my dad would say, "the color of cat vomit." He was a somewhat negative person.. but he was the best father I could ask for. He tought me discipline in the most loving way. My mom was loving and the best mother I could ask for. I loved my parents, even when I found out they were getting a divorce.

I sat in my car thinking about what I would do, I was getting my ass out of this town I wanted a new start. A new life. This town held nothing for me. California was so much better than Tennessee. All the dang hicks around here.

My parents wern't too happy when I decided to drop out of good old highschool. They thought I would follow in my brothers footsteps, go to college, get a high-paying job, get married, like a hunky-dorey happy life.

No. I was going to be me. Live my own life.

I had my life savings with me, some clothes, and my guitar. I would sleep in my car and eat where ever I could. I had enough money to get a small apartment, food, and to get to some small town. From there I would get a job and move to a bigger city.

I had a lot on my mind right now, my parents divorce, my friends, me keeping in contact with everybody. I would not loose contact with the ones I love. No boyfriend, boys never liked me really. I was more of a tom-boy. I had guy friends, but no boyfriend.

I drove for a few hours and the slept for a few hours in my car.

I then woke up and drove more. I continued this pattern for a few days, eating where ever I could. I then entered a small town of Joplin Missouri. This one stuck out to me. I found a resturaunt called Waffle House.

I went inside and ordered. I wanted to know the time. I left my phone and iPod in the car, and I couldn't see the clock. It was really far away. I also don't wear a watch even though I should.

I saw a guy a tabel over, he had short, brown hair, and hasn't shaved in a while. He had sunglasses on, so I couldn't see his eyes. He had a navey blue button down shirt on. He had black skinny jeans and navey blue converse hight-tops. There was another plate sitting across from him, he must be with someone.

"Excuse me, do you have the time?" I asked him.

"Um yeah, It's 5:32." he said.

"Thanks dude." I said.

He chuckled, "Welcome dude-ette."

I laughed with him.

"So whats your name?" he asked me.

"Jessamine, but you can call me Jessie." I said.

He took off his glasses and stuck out his hand. "I like that name, my names Jeremy."

'Thanks, I like your name too... It's my brothers name." I said. I thought of my brother. It felt weird meeting new people. Me, why would someone want to meet me? Me and my boring self. My dull, messey, light brown hair. Me, meerly five-foot, four. The only thing I could do was write songs, writting was the only thing that kept me sane.

"So what brings you to Joplin?" he asked me.

"Well, I wanted a new start. I wanted to get away from a town that ment nothing to me." I said.

"Oh, If you don't mind me asking, what happened that made you want a new start." he asked.

"Well, I dropped out of highschool when I was seventeen. My parents didn't approve of it they thought I would follow in my brothers footsteps. I'm nineteen now, and my parents are getting a divorce." I explained.

"Oh. I'm sorry." he said.

"Look, I'm sorry I dumped that all on you." he said.

"No, no it's fine. You remind me of my friend Chris. He is somewhere around here, probably outside smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes. I think you would like him." he said.

I finished my food and was about to pay when I realized I had left my wallet in my car. Then I said, "Hey Jeremy, I gotta go. It's been nice talking to you."

"Hey you too, wait! Can I get your number?" he asked me.

"Hey man, I gotta go and get my phone and wallet out of my car." I said.

"Oh ok." he said. I walked over to the waitress who served me and explained to her that I forgot my wallet and phone and had to get it. My car was right in front so she had no problem with it.

I ran out to my car and grabbed my wallet and phone. On my way back inside I saw a guy standing outside smoking a cigarette. He had some tattoos on his hands. I could also see some writting one his chest, I couldn't make out what they said. I could see another tattoo on his right knee through the hole of his skinney jeans. He had short brownish-blonde hair. He was taller than me, so that made him tall. He had a cute face, he looked different than most guys, I liked that about him. He looked at me, then took another puff on the cigarette as I went inside.

I then went over and paid for my meal.

I walked over to Jeremy and gave him my phhone so he could put his number in. "Hey does you friend Chris have tatts all over him? Short-ish brown-ish hair?"

"That would be him. Did you see him?" he asked.

"Yeah." I said. Just as I said 'yeah' Chris came in.

"Speak of the devil." Jeremy said.

"What?" Chris asked. His voice seemed somewhat angelic. I liked that about him.

"Oh nothing, Chris this is Jessie." Jeremy explained.

"Oh hey, I'm Chris." he said shaking my hand. As he shook my hand I felt... something.

"Well, nice meeting you both but I have to go. I will call you somtime Jeremy." I said to him. "Bye guys."

"Bye Jessie." they both said.

I walked out of Waffle House felling a pair of eyes on me... which I felt belong to Chris.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here is the first chapter.
Hope you guys like it.
I will leave the next chapter up to Alex (LoveMeFreely).
Love you guys!
- Harmony <3 :D
PS: Alex! You rock!
Ttitle Credit: Simple Enough - NeverShoutNever.