Status: Active.

"Baby Please Take My Hand And You'll Never Be Alone Again"... These Words Are The Absolute Truth.

Job Hunting, And Dinner For Two.

“Ah, that gas station is looking for takers,” Chris said, pointing at a gas station, with a 'Help Wanted' sign.

“Oh, you mean the one with those scary guys in front of it? I don't think so,” I said.

“Picky, picky,” He replied. I sighed.

“Oh! I know where you can work!” Chris said.

“Where?” I asked, desperately.

“Okay, well, take a left down this road, and then take a right,” Chris instructed.

“Where are we going exactly?” I asked, turning right.

“You'll see,” Chris said. I took a left, and pulled into a place called The Magic Noodle.

“Um, what is this?” I asked, as me and Chris, got out of the car.

“You'll see. You're going to love it here!” Chris said, taking my hand, and running in with me.

“Hey, guys!” Chris said, waving at the workers. They all said 'hello'.

“Oh, Chris, I see you have a new 'friend',” A lady said, walking up to us, and putting quotation marks over 'friend.'

“Huh?” I asked.

Then, realized Chris and I were still holding hands. Chris apparently realized that, too. We both let go, and Chris blushed. Oh, he has to stop doing that.

“Well, Jessie, here, is looking for a job,” Chris said, pointing to me.

“Oh, I see! We can definitely find something for her!” The lady replied.

“Great!” Chris said.

“Well, my name is Kalaya,” She said, pointing to herself.

“Sweet,” I said, smiling. Kalaya laughed.

“Okay, follow me,” She said, taking my hand, and started walking to the back, with me. I looked back at Chris. He smiled, encouragingly, and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled.

“Okay, let's see, are you experienced with serving?” Kalaya asked, flipping through a book of workers.

“Yeah, some. I worked at some chain restaurants, back home,” I replied.

“Great! You can be a waitress, when can you start?” She asked.

“As soon as possible,” I replied.

“Okay, you can start tomorrow,” She said, smiling, and nodding her head.

“Um, alright. I was wondering, how much does this pay?” I asked.

“Well, since you're a friend of Chris, fourteen an hour. Normally, we would not pay that much, but Chris wouldn't suggest someone who wasn't promising,” Kalaya said.

“Oh, thank you so much,” I replied, smiling.

“You're welcome, dear. I can't wait for you to work with us,” She replied, smiling, as well. I waved, at her, and walked back to Chris.

“Fourteen an hour!” I replied.

“Woo!” Chris screamed, throwing his arms in the air. We walked out of The Magic Noodle.

“You know, she must really like you, the pay is never that much,” He said, looking at me. I laughed.

“I've been told.”

“When do you start?” Chris asked.

“Tomorrow. I don't know how many days a week, I'm working, yet,” I replied. He nodded.

“So, it won't be long before you can afford that place!” Chris yelled, jumping up and down. I laughed, and opened the car door.

“I know! I'm so excited!” I said, smiling.

“Oh yeah. You're excited, alright. Excited because you're walking distance from me,” Chris said, smirking.

“What? No, silly boy!” I said, laughing.

“Sure, that's not it. Whatever stops the tears,” He said, shrugging.

“Do you want me to find another place? Hm?” I threatened.

“No! I mean, I don't care...” He trailed off.

“Alright. We'll go looking, now,” I said, almost turning on a random road.

“No! Stop! I was joking. Don't be that way,” Chris said, looking down. I laughed.

“So, where do you want to go?” I asked Chris.

“Well, head back to my place, and then we'll see from there,” Chris said, not looking me in the eye. I sighed.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing!” He said, smiling.



We pulled into the parking lot, and got out. We went to his apartment.

“Carter? Oh, Carter?” I yelled.

“He must not be home, yet,” Chris replied. I nodded.

“Alright. You stay here, and I'll be right back,” Chris said, walking in his bedroom, and shutting the door. I sighed, and sat on the couch. I turned on the TV, and flipped through the channels.

Seriously? Does nothing good come on, here?

Chris opened the door, and oh my gosh.

“You have shoes on!” I screamed. He laughed.

“Silly girl,” He said, smiling. “Well, are you ready?” He asked.

“Well, I might be, if I knew where we were going,” I said.

“Oh, but that, my dear friend, is a surprise,” He said, smiling, and taking my arm. I mock-glared at him.

“You love me. Don't deny it,” He said, smiling, and practically bouncing to the car.



”Okay, here we are!” Chris said. I opened my eyes.

“Taco Bell?” I asked.

“Yes! You barely ate, last night. And, I promised I would get you something better. Thing is, we don't have the 'fancy' restaurants, here in Joplin,” He said, smiling, and putting quotation marks, over 'fancy'. I smiled and bit my lip.

“Aw!” I said, smiling, and pushing his shoulder.

“Well, let's go! Fancy food awaits!” He said, laughing.



”I'll have guacamole and chips, with a flour tortilla,” Chris ordered. Then, I ordered mine. And, we went to sit at a table.

“Oh, this is nice. So nice,” I said, laughing.

“Hey! It's the best we've got,” Chris said, looking down.

“I know, I know! And, I'm flattered that you would take me here,” I replied. He laughed, right when they put the food, on the table. I looked at him.

“Why are they bringing the food, to the table?” I asked.

“Truth or lie?” Chris asked.

“I'll take lie...No, never mind, give me the truth,” I said, laughing.

“I paid the guy extra, to bring the food, so it'd be more fancy, for you,” He said, smiling. I smiled, at him.

Oh, dear. I like Christofer Ingle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!=D
So, Taco Bell is one of the only "fancy" restaurants they have in Joplin. I looked through every one!
*Catchy saying here* To Harmony! *Finishes catchy saying*

♥Alex♥