Status: Active.

"Baby Please Take My Hand And You'll Never Be Alone Again"... These Words Are The Absolute Truth.

Apartment And Job Hunting, And Some Questions From Mom.

“I'm glad you wanted to do this... I need an apartment. I can't keep mooching off of you.” I said getting into my car with Chris.

“Oh p-lease! You would of let a girl like you stay in your car! Jessie, I don't mind... really.” he said to me.

I blushed, “Thanks Chris.”

“Ok lets get started.” he said pulling open a local newspaper. “Hey! There is one right down the street. We gotta call first.” He took out his phone and dialed the number in the paper. He put his phone on speaker, then the person answered the phone. “Hello?” a woman asked.

“Um yeah hey. My name is Jessie I am interested in the apartment you have in the paper.”

“Oh ok my name is Carlie. Can I meet you there... in like 15 minuets?”

“Um sure, we will be there in like two. We are right up the street.”

“Oh, ok I hope you don't mind waiting.” she said.

“Oh no, no problem at all.” I said.

“Oh ok. Thank you. See you in a few.”

“Ok, Bye.” I said as the call disconected.

“Lets go look, wait you know what... screw the car, we can walk.” I said.

“Ok hey wait!” He said looking at my guitar in the back seat. “Do you play?”

“Umm... yeah.” I said.

“Oh my freaking goodness!” Chris almost screamed. “Me too!”

“Are you ok? Did you have sugar in your cereal this morning?” I asked him.

“Nooooo.” He said looking towards the floor. “Can I see your guitar?”

“Maybe...” I said. He then jumped over the passenger seat and into the back, opened the case and saw the Vintage 1975 Sigma by Martin DR-7. “Wow! Nice!”

“Thanks.” I said. “Was it necessary to jump over the passenger seat?”

“No, but I wanted to.” He opened the passenger side in the back seat. It was locked. He then rolled down the window and started squeezing his body through the window.

“Chris!” I yelled, “You could of just pulled up the lock!” I said While he was already half way through through the window.

“Well too late now.” He said pulling his other foot out of the window.

“Your a crazy kid, you know that right?” I said getting out of my car.

“Yupp, I know.” he said smiling. His smile was cute. I could get used seeing his face around here. “Your a crazy kid yourself, sleeping in your car! That’s crazy! I’ve done it too many times myself.”

“What? Christofer Ingle sleeping in your car? When? Where?” I said as we started walking down the street towards the apartment for sale.

“Well when I was still a young confused pup, I was on tour for the first time and I toured in my car. Carter and I loaded up some merch and hit the road.”

“Sweet.” I said to him. I looked at him, he looked very beautiful.

“Why are you staring at me?” he asked.

“Uhhh, sorry.” I said awkwardly.

“It's ok... you like me don't you?”

“What? What? That is a lie my friend.” I said.

“Oh sure... whatever you say dear.” he said.

“Hey, I told you what I think of you, what do you think of me.”

“Shit! Ummmmmm... well I think you are a very sweet, somewhat naive girl. You are very cute I'm glad that I met you.”

I smiled, then blushed and looked down at my feet.

“What wrong? A little blushy today?” he said pulling my face up lightly with his hands. “Yupp you're blushing.”

“Ok you caught me red handed!” I said pulling my face from his gentle grasp.

He chuckled softly. We then continued down the street until we got to the apartment complex. It was also small. I liked it though. The house was blue with white shutters, It had a wrap-around porch. The shutters were a blueish-gray color. There were two sets of steps leading inside the house.

“Looks nice.” Chris said.

“Yeah.” I said. We just sat down on the curb waiting for Carlie to get there.

“Soooo.” I said awkwardly.

“Sooo...” he replied back. “Your favorite color is green?”

“Um yeah... I think we established that yesterday.” I said.

“True. So what do you like to do in your free time?” he asked me.

“Well, I like to write.”

“Really? Write what?”

“Songs, poems, anything really.” I said.

“ME TOO!” he screamed.

“Why are you so hyper today?” I asked him.

“I really do not know. I'm just happy I guess!” he said.

“COOL!” I screamed also.

“Sheeeesh... and I though I was hyper.” he said.

“Well, we can be hyper together!” I said.

“Yessss! Oh, and you are playing me a song sometime”

“Whattt? Well then you are playing me a song also Mr. NeverShoutNever.” I said.

“Ok I will.” he said.

“So why didn't Carter of Jeremy come?” I asked.

“Well, Carter had to go out and record an album.” he said.

“He is in a band too!? Sheesh! Everyone is in a band these days!”

“Yeahh he was leaving right after we woke you up, and Jeremy had to plan something.” he said.

“Ohh I see.” I said. Just then we saw a van pull up right in front of us, out walked a younger lady that I assumed to be Carlie.

“Hey guys. I'm Carlie.” She came over to Chris and I and shook both of out hands.

“I'm Jessie.” I said as she shook my hand.

“I'm Chris.” He also said as she shook his hand.

She was only in her early twenties. She had long dirty blonde hair. She has crisp, clear blue eyes. She was about my height. She was very pretty.

“Well lets go inside and see the apartment.” she said,



As we walked inside we walked up a flight of stairs. Then she opened a door that read '5C' I looked inside, and saw that is was completely furnished.

“Whoah! It is completely furnished!” I said.

“Yes it is.” Carlie said. “The people who moved out left in a rush, they left all of the furniture here.”

“Oh cool.”

“Yeah.” Chris added.

“Are you guys looking to both move in... are you guys dating?” she asked.

Chris and I both blushed.

“Um, were not dating. Just friends” Chris said. “I live down the street.”

“Ohhh I'm sorry!” she said.

“It's fine.” I said.

“I feel so stupid.” she said.

“Nah, don't be.” I said.

“Ok I'm just so sorry.” she said again.

“It's cool.” I said. “How much is it a month?”

“$453.00. I pay everything” she said.

“Whoahh. Um I will have to get back to you on that.” I said. “I need a job still. I really like this place. I will have to hold off for like a day. I have enough to pay like three months rent. I need to get a job first.”

“Oh dear, I understand. I was the same way. In fact this was the apartment I moved into when I was nineteen and first moved here.”

“Ohh that sound like me.” I said.

“Ok sweetie, well you have my number. Give me a call.” she said. “Also if you ever need anything, call me.” She said to me.

I felt a connection with her for some reason. I liked her. She had a motherly nature to her. I like that about her.

“Ok thank you Carlie.” I said.

“Welcome. Good luck finding a job.”

“Bye Carlie.” Chris said.

“Bye guys.” she said as we walked down the steps.

We began to walk down the street when Chris said, “I like that place, and Carlie. She seemed very... hmmm... motherly.”

“Ha thats what I though. Great minds think alike.” I said. “Sorry my mom always says that... Shoot! I was suppose to call her last night!”

“Well go call her.” he said as I took out my phone. I dialed her number and she picked up almost immediately.

“Mom! I am so sorry I forgot to call you!” I said frantically.

“It's fine sweetie.” she said. “Just try to remember to call at least every other day.”

“I will mom.” I said.

“So hows things going? Make any new friends.” she asked.

“Um yeah, I met Chris, he is here now. I also met Jeremy and Carter.” she said as I put my phone on speaker. “Mom your on speaker. Say hi Chris.”

“Hi Jessie's mom.” he said.

“Hello!” she said. “So Jessie, where have you been staying... in you car still?”

“No, Chris here wouldn't let me, he made me sleep at his house.”

She was silent for a moment. “You guys aren’t like... active?”

“What no!” Chris and I said at the same time, while we were walking down the street.

“Oh ok good.” she said.

“Mom you do realize I just met him.” I said.

“Oh yeah I forgot about that.” she said as I took the phone off of speaker.

“Sooo.... do you like this guy?”

“Umm... well mom you do realize he is right here.”

“I know. But do you like him?”

“Mom. He. Is. Right. Here. We are walking down the street right now as we speak!” I said.

“I know!” she said. “But do you like him?”

“How about this I will call you tonight and I will tell you then.”

“Okkk fine. Well I love you Jessie, I have to go. I have a hearing today.”

“Love you too mom... wait a hearing for what?”

“Um you know your father and I are getting a divorce.”

“Oh... yeah...” I mumbled.

“Yeah. Well I love you Jessie, be careful.” she said.

“Love you too mom. I will.”

“Ok, bye honey.” she said as the call disconnected.



We walked the rest of the way down the street back to Chris' house. “You do realize I could here all of that.” he said to me.

“You could!?” I asked.

“Yuppers.” he said.

“Shoot.” I said. “Oh gosh.”

“So, do you like me?”

“Do you like me?” I then asked.

“Hey! I asked first.”

“Well I wont tell you.” I said.

“I'll get it out of you eventually.” he said.

“Oh sure, sure, sure.”



We were about to get into my car when Chris said, “Can I hear a song now?” he asked.

“Sure, if you play me one first.” I said.

“Ok can I use your guitar?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said.

He opened up the back seat and took my guitar out of the case. He put the strap on and leaned his body against the car, then set his left foot on the car also.

He began singing and then started strumming the guitar.

“Who the hell have I been kidding
I sold my soul to the corporation
They know me better than I know myself
I better shut it up
I better shut it up

You gotta problem with the way I think
I gotta problem with the way you think
That you can program me
Like a damn machine
I wanna take a stand
And say fuck this scene

I'm sick of imagery
Instead of artistry
I'm sick of apathy
Instead of harmony
I'm sick of poets workin' part time jobs
While pissy people pick and choose the stars

I know that I should be
The last one to speak
About this but even sellouts have their dreams
Set the music free

Ba da da da da da,
da da da da da
da da da da
da da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
Ba da da da da da

Oh what the hell was I tryin' to prove
I ran away so young
Now I'm on the move
Like a vandal I wear my mask
And all you punks back home
Yah you can kiss my ass
Cause' I gotta feelin' deep down inside my soul
That's taken three whole years to gain control
And I aint never no never no never no never no never no never
Coming home

Ba da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da
Da da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da
Da da da da da da

Ohhh.”

'That was great!” I said.

“Thanks, your turn.”

“Oh gosh. I'm not playing a song I wrote, your ears might bleed.” I said.

“Awwwwwh.” he said.

“Maybe next time.” I said.

I then took the guitar and stood In the same stance he did. A car passed by when I began playing.

“Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away,
And now it looks as though there here to stay,
Oh I believe in Yesterday.

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be,
There’s a shadow hanging over me,
Oh yesterday, came suddenly.

Why she have to go I don't know, she wouldn't say,
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh I believe in yesterday.

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say,
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm.”

“That was beautiful.” he said to me.

“Why thank you.” I said as another car passed.

“That is one of my favorite songs.” he said.

“Me too.” I said.

He put my guitar back into the case in my car and then got in. to go job hunting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah This is long!
It is 3:36am. I started at one something.
Hope you guys like it.

Now I pass the coffee to Alex... I think you know her screen name by now.
-Harmony <3 :D