A Life Time of Ice Time

Trapped In A Web Of Lies

“Housekeeping.” I smirked as a familiar voice attempted to disguise itself outside my hotel room door.

“Oh good.” I smiled as I unchained the door to see Patrick's smiling face. “Then I can give you the tip I forgot last night.” I kissed him quickly on the lips and he held me close to him when I started to step back.

“Sorry, I was at practice all day.” He leaned down and kissed me again. “But I missed you so much.” I kissed him back before I heard a door open down the hall. He smirked as I pulled him into my hotel room. “What are you doing?”

“Sorry.” I bit my lip and shook my head. “I just didn't want to disturb the other guest.” I smiled to show him that I was kidding, but there was one guest in particular that I didn't want to disturb. I hadn't figured out how I was going to tell Jonathan about Patrick and I yet. In my perfect world, I would never have to tell him. I didn't plan on Patrick and I lasting that long so hopefully it would be over and done with before Jonathan could even notice anything.

“Well that's okay.” Patrick pulled me into his arms again. “I can't stay long anyways. We have yet another practice in the morning.” He sighed and rolled his eyes. “It seems Jonny boy thinks that the only way to get us to win is to practice us to death.”

“It's okay.” I rested my hands on his chest as I looked up at him. “Why don't we just meet for breakfast after practice and before the game tomorrow?”

“Sounds good.” He smiled before slowly pressing his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around him tighter as he increased the length of the kiss. “Well maybe I could miss just one practice,” he mumbled, pushing us back towards the bed.

“No come on.” He reluctantly let me go as I stepped back. “I'll see you tomorrow okay?”

“Okay,” he pouted as he walked out of my room. “See you around.”

“Taylor!” I groaned when I heard Amanda call to me right before I shut my door.

“What Amanda?” I mumbled as she invited herself into my hotel room. “It's eleven and I was planning on going to bed.”

“Okay, okay, but I need you to do me a favor.” She grabbed both of my shoulders in her hands as she looked me in the eyes. “Would you go sleep in my room?”

“What?” I asked, surprised by your request. “Why would I do that? Why do you want me to do that?”

“It'll just be for a couple of hours,” she sighed as she sat down on my bed as she avoided my questioning. “Please Taylor? I don't want Jonathan to notice that I'm gone.”

“Where are you going?” I crossed my arms across my chest, still not understanding what the favor was that she wanted me to do.

“Well I met this guy at the bar just now-,” she twirled her finger around her hair and bit her lip as she avoided my eyes. “and he wants me to meet him in his room in a couple of hours.”

“What?” I exclaimed. “Amanda you have got to be kidding me. You can't cheat on Jonathan like that. I'm not helping you and even if I was there would be no way he wouldn't notice it was me and not you.”

“Why do you even care?” She looked up at me defensively. “He's my boyfriend, not yours. I can do with him whatever I want.” I rotated my jaw as those awful words exited her mouth.

“No, Amanda.”

She crossed her arms and eyed me determinedly. “Fine, then I guess you wouldn't mind me telling Jon about his teammate leaving your room just now.”

My mouth fell slightly slack in disbelief. “You wouldn't.”

“You're right.” She used a tone that told me I was definitely wrong. “I wouldn't, if you do this favor for me.” I bit my lip as I thought this over. She didn't deserve him. He was too good for her. I sighed in defeat.

“Fine.” I hissed through my teeth. “But if anything goes wrong, don't think that I will defend you.”

“Oh yea.” She squealed as she wrapped her scrawny little arms around me. Her breath already reeked of alcohol. “Okay, here's the plan. I'm going to stay in bed with Jonathan until he falls asleep. Then I'll come back and get you to make the swap.” I made a face. I was seriously going to regret this. “Don't worry Tay, this is totally going to work out.” She walked over to my door and slowly slid out. “I'll see you in about an hour then.” She slammed my door shut and I heard as he high heels echoed down the hall.

I clicked off the light and sighed as I turned on the TV. I quietly mumbled to myself, “what have I gotten myself into?”

* * *

“Hey beautiful.” I heard a couple of clanks on the table that sounded like plates as they were set down. My heart rate increased as a body slid in next to me in the bed. “Sorry, I was in an early morning workout." He sighed as he pulled the blanket around him. "I got you some breakfast,” he whispered, confirming my thoughts of place being set on the table. I let out a tiny gasp as he pulled my body closer to his. “I was hoping that maybe we could pick up where we left off....” I relaxed a little when he lowered his lips to my jaw before remembering what was happening.

“Jonathan, I'm not Amanda,” I said quickly as I sat up in the bed.

“Taylor?” He asked in confusion as he flicked on the light. As redness crept into my cheeks, I was wishing that he had left the lights off. His face was flushed with embarrassment as he looked me up and down.“What are you doing in here?”

“It's a really funny story actually.” I slid out of the bed and started pacing in front of it. “I mean you're going to laugh Jon, I know it.”

“Okay.” He crossed his arms and leaned back against the backboard of the bed. “I'm listening.”

“I was just in here because...” He crinkled his eyebrows as he waited for my response. I frantically scanned my mind for something to say before my cell phone buzzed to signal that I had gotten a text. I held up my index finger to signal for him to wait a minute and he rolled his eyes as he stood up from the bed. I turned away so that his shirtless body wouldn't distract me. Patrick Kane flashed across the screen when I flipped open my phone.

Hey Tay, where are you? I thought we were supposed to meet for breakfast and I can't find you.

“Crap,” I mumbled to myself as I glanced at the clock. Jonathan raised his eyebrows over in my direction but I ignored him as I typed into my phone.

Sorry I slept in. How about lunch?

Sounds good. I smiled down at my phone before putting it back in my pocket.

“Was that Matt?” Jonathan asked as he took a long drink from a water bottle that he had grabbed from the mini refrigerator in the room.

“Matt?” I asked surprised. “No. Why would he be up this early?It's only ten.” I glanced over at the clock before remembering that we were on California time so it was three hours later in Chicago

“Please Taylor,” he rolled his eyes at my confused expression. “Do you really think I'm that stupid?” I crinkled my eyebrows together, still not getting what he was saying. He laughed slightly under his breath when I crinkled my eyebrows as I took a long sip of milk he had brought up for I assumed Amanda. Whatever, she doesn't drink milk anyways. “I know that you and Matt are dating.”

I choked on the milk as I tried to keep it from spurting all over the room. “Me and Matt?” I asked and he nodded his head in response. “Me and Matt,” I repeated. “We're not-,” I bit my tongue to stop myself from talking as I thought this over. If I was dating Matt that would mean that I wouldn't be dating Patrick.... “I mean-,” I smiled as Jonathan leaned back against the desk that was stationed in the middle of the hotel room. “It's such a relief to get that off my chest.” I nodded to assure him that my story was accurate. I jumped a little as my phone buzzed in my hand. “Oh look at that.” I smiled at him as I flashed the caller id in his direction. “That's him now. Hey sweetie.” I answered the phone as I turned away from Jonathan.

“Sweetie?” Matt laughed on the other line. “Taylor, did you take your meds today?”

I chuckled harshly into the phone. “Oh honey, you're too funny.” I starting talking extra loud both to assure Jonathan and to attempt to give Matt the hint. “Is everything alright baby?”

“Everything is just peachy key honey buns.” I blushed furiously as Matt mocked me through the phone. “I got you a new job.”

“Really?” I asked surprised. I turned and smiled over at Jonathan when he examined me questioningly. “You got me a job?” Jonathan nodded slightly before turning back to the breakfast that he had brought up from the lobby. “What is it?”

“Blackhawks equipment manager.” I could hear as he smirked through the phone. “So you can stare at Jonathan Toews with your googly eyes all day long.”

I scowled and was about to make a remark before remembering that I was talking to my supposed boyfriend. “Oh sweetheart, you're the best.”

Matt chuckled on the other end of the line. “I really love this game.”

“Okay baby I'll see you when I get home.” He laughed amused again. “Yes I won't forget to pick up your special medication. Okay miss you too. Love you.” I smirked and hung up the phone before Matt had a chance to respond. I sighed as I sat back on the bed.

Jonathan studied my features intently as I ran my fingers through my hair. “You hungry?” He turned to the food when I nodded. I walked over to him and he handed me a bowl of Frosted Flakes. “Sorry, it's not the Stanley Cup.” I smiled as I took a bite. “But it's only a matter of time.” I nodded as I shoveled another spoonful into my mouth. “So how long have you two been dating?”

“Who? Oh right.” I laughed and rolled my eyes at myself as Jon looked at me like I was crazy. “Matt and I?” I shrugged. “Not that long. We've been friends for a while and just decided to take it to the next level.” I almost gagged as those words came out of my mouth. I couldn't even imagine dating Matt. I started down into my cereal and twirled the flakes around absentmindedly. “Are you mad at me?” I asked him hesitantly.

“Mad?” He asked, his brown eyes glancing over at me in confusion. “Why would I be mad at you?”

“For embarrassing you at the campfire thingy.” He laughed and shook his head before I even finished.

“Taylor it's fine.” He stood up and turned away from me to pour himself some orange juice. “I should actually thank you.” I laid back on the bed as I waited for him to elaborate. “For opening up my eyes.”

“Really?” I asked, crinkling my eyebrows skeptically at the cealing. “Would you care to elaborate more? Because it didn't seem like I opened your eyes if you wanted to 'pick up where you left off' with Amanda.” I shuddered as I remembered the tone he said the words in. “Please don't elaborate more on that portion. I already think I'm scarred for life.”

He smirked slightly. “Well I guess it's not over yet, but when I heard the way you were talking with Matt I realized that we don't have that kind of a relationship.” I mentally applauded myself on my great acting skills.

“So what does that mean?” I sat up on the bed and watched him as he bit into a bagel. “You guys are over then? For good?”

He shrugged which didn't satisfy my craving for assurance. “We'll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! But a few more would be nice....Let me know if your confused because this chapter is sort of confusing. It's sorta short and I don't really like it that much but it's setting up for the next couple. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!