Your Voice Was The Soundtrack Of My Summer

Chapter Thirteen

September 1st.

I woke up and hoped the sun was going to be out. But it was just a cloudy day. I forced myself out of bed. Today was going to be the last day of summer then it was back to school tomorrow. I wanted to make sure today was going to be the best. After a shower I called Becky to see what she was up to, but no answer. Then I called Pete. He picked up his phone after two rings.

“Hello?”

“Hey Pete. What are you doing?”

“Nothing.”

“I’m bored…”

“So?”

“Lets go somewhere…”

“Like?”

“I don’t know. I was hoping you’d have an idea.”

“Do you want to come over and watch, ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas,’ with me?”

“Ok. I’ll be over soon.”

“Ok peace out.”

When I got to Pete’s house his mom answered the door.

“Hello Piper. How are you?”

“Hi Mrs. Wentz, I’m good thanks for asking. Just wanted to come hang with Pete.”

“Ok dear he is down in the family room.”

“Thanks.”

I rushed down to the family room only to discover Pete was shirtless looking for something inside the couch. I covered my eyes and gasped sarcastically.

“Don’t lie, you know I’m sexy.”

“I have a boyfriend! I have a boyfriend!” I kept chanting jokingly.

I plopped down on the old couch that Pete was desperately digging through.

“What are you doing?”

“Looking for the damn remote.”

“Oh.”

I happened to look over to my right and spotted the remote on the floor. I picked it up dangled it in front of Pete’s face.

“There it is!”

I tossed the remote to him. He plopped down on the couch and I looked at the coffee table. A bowl of chips was in the middle, and two sodas were on the side.

“No coaster?” I joked.

“Fuck coasters…”

“That’s easy for you to say because your mom is going to clean up the fucking mess.”

Pete snared at me. I snared back.

“Did I come here to annoy you or did I come here to watch a freaking movie?”

“Possibly both.”

“Shut the fuck up and lets just watch the movie already.”

Maybe into the middle of the movie knocking on the door distracted me. Then later a pair of lips touched my cheek. I turned around and Patrick was behind me.

“Hello baby.”

“Hey.”

Patrick looked over at Pete and rose and eyebrow.

“Want to tell me what happened to the shirt?”

Pete sarcastically covered himself up.

“I spilled soda on it. So I thought I would run around half nude.”

“Oh.”

Patrick sat down next to me and just stared at me.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“Because I love you.”

I laid my head on Patrick’s shoulder.

“Dude, if you’re trying to get your game on go somewhere else! Like on top of the roof or something. Not in my house!”

I threw a chip at Pete.

“Last day of summer and all you guys are doing is watching movies?”

“Yup. Unless you have an idea on what we can do.”

Patrick thought for a second.

“Round up the posse. We’re going to make this the greatest day ever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, so, so, so, so sorry for the lack of updates. My summer was quite interesting, I don't know if I mean that in a good way or bad way lol. And I've been working on other things. BUT considering this will be ending soon I should be working harder on it. Maybe more updates today or whenever. Again SUPER sorry for being lazy.