Don't Waste Your Breath, It's Too Late

Epilogue:

Six Years Later…

Sighing softly, the now twenty-two year old frowned at the empty room that she was leaving behind. All of her things were packed away in boxes and being moved into the house she and her fiancé had just purchased a week before. She was sad to be leaving her home, but she was only two blocks away and could visit any time she wanted to.

“You all ready, honey?” Brian questioned his daughter as he stepped into her now old bedroom.

Eliza licked over her lips and turned to her father. “I think,” She smiled softly as she played with the engagement ring on her finger.

“Eliza, sweetheart,” He chuckled, “You’re only five minutes away. And isn’t it about time you leave home?” He teased. “After all, you are twenty-two now, and happily engaged.”

“I know,” She murmured, nodding her head. “I guess I just can’t believe how fast time has gone by, you know? It feels like I just moved into this room last year, instead of six years ago.”

“I know the feeling,” He nods, sighing. “But everyone gets older and has to leave the nest sometime.”

Eliza grinned at her father, playfully rolling her eyes. She knew he was right, as always. Most people move out of their parents home when they turn eighteen, but in Eliza’s case, she decided not to because she wanted more time with her dad. So while she lived at home, she attended college and got her Bachelors in Psychology. After going through what she did, she had decided that she wanted to help teenagers who are going through the same things, and she couldn’t have been happier with her choice of career.

“You actually look sad,” Brian took notice as his daughter’s eyes traveled over the bedroom.

“Of course I’m sad,” She murmured. “I’m leaving my home. You’re no longer going to just be down the hall, or downstairs in the kitchen where I can find you within a minute or two. Things are just gonna be different, but I am excited for Jay and I to be creating our own home now.” She admitted.

“Which is normal, Eliza. You’re getting married next month, so it’s time for you and Jay to do this. It’s time to make this next step.” He grinned. “Besides, I want grandkids someday soon, and you living here at home is getting in the way of that.” He joked.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t get your hopes too high, we’ll start thinking about kids after the wedding.” Eliza smiled as their eyes connected.

“Eliza,” Jane, Eliza’s stepmother since four years ago interrupted them as she stepped into the bedroom. “Jay said that if you don’t hurry, he’s gonna come up here, throw you over his shoulder and carry you to the car.

Brian chuckled and threw his arm over Eliza’s shoulder. “I have a feeling he’s serious about that,” He told her.

Eliza laughed and nodded. “Alright, come on, I’m ready,”

With one last glance at her old room, Eliza headed downstairs with her dad and stepmother. She knew Jay was tired, as was she, and wanted to get home to get some sleep, considering it was around nine pm and they had been moving things into their new house all day. The three of them walked outside into the night where Jay was finishing put some last minute boxes into the car.

“Let me help you with those real quick, Jay,” Brian said before walking off to help, leaving Eliza and Jane alone for a minute.

“It sure is going to be quiet in the house now,” Jane told her stepdaughter with a soft smile.
Eliza smiled as well, but her smile was a bit sad. “I’m sure it is, but I bet having the guys over all the time will make up for it.”

Jane laughed and nodded her head before embracing Eliza in tight hug. “Your father and I both are gonna miss you so much.”

Eliza wrapped her arms around Jane as tears swelled up in her eyes. “I’m gonna miss you guys too, but I’ll make sure to stop by every few days. And I’ll see you tomorrow since you promised to help me pick out furniture.”

Jane laughed heartily as she pulled away. “I’ll be over around ten tomorrow,” She promised.

Eliza ran a hand through her black locks of hair and nodded. “You better be. I need your interior designing skills.”

Jay and Brian finished loading the last few boxes into the car before walking over to the girls who were talking away. Jay grinned at his fiancé as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, causing her to squeal slightly. He couldn’t believe that he had met Eliza just six years ago, and now they were settling down, moving into together, and getting married. And he hoped that soon they would be starting a family as well.

“We should get going,” He told her with a slight chuckle. “We both need food and sleep.”
“Just give me a hug and you two can be on your way,” Brian said.

Eliza pulled away from Jay’s grasp and walked into her father’s arms. “We’ll see you tomorrow,” She murmured.

“Yes you will,” Brian smiled as they pulled away from their hug. “I love you, honey.”

She smiled at him as she folded her arms over her chest. “I love you too, dad,” She told him before looking over at Jane who was standing beside him. “And I love you as well, Jane,” She said to her.

Five minutes later, Eliza and Jay were in their car, and Jay was pulling out of the driveway as they both waved to Brian and Jane. Eliza just couldn’t believe how fast the years had passed by, but she was also relieved that she was now older. She was ready to move out on her own and start her life with Jay. Back when her and Jay had first met, she never thought that they would become engaged just years down the road. Even when they started dating each other just a year after they met, they had no idea that they would make it as far as they did.

“You ready to get home?” Jay asked Eliza as they turned out of Brian’s street.

Eliza smiled and nodded. “I most certainly am.”

Jay smirked as he glanced over at her. “You know what we should tonight?”

Eliza raised an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“We should break in that new bed of ours,” He suggested.

”I thought you said you were tired!” Eliza shook her head.

Jay chuckled. “I am, baby, but that doesn’t mean I’m too tired for sex.”

Eliza laughed softly before leaning over and kissing his cheek. “We’ll see, Jay,” She murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for subscribing, commenting, and sticking with this story until the end! I really appreciate it. <3