Seize The Day

Jack Daniels and Cap'n Crunch

I was sitting on the couch with Claudia, listening to the guys record when I finally started to get bored. I walked to the other side of the room and grabbed my acoustic guitar then headed out to the back porch. I sat in a lawn chair and leaned back, closing my eyes as I mindlessly strummed different chords. I started playing Seize the Day and singing softly then i heard the door open and shut behind me. I ignored who ever it was until they sat down in front of me. It was no other than Zack Baker.
“Can you not go five minutes without tormenting me?...” I trailed off setting the guitar in the chair next to me.
“Well unfortunately now I have to. The only reason I’m doing this is for the guys. so don’t think I don’t hate you anymore.” He hissed.
“What a shocker. And is this your version of being nice? If so, then you need a fucking reality check asshole.” I spat, my words dripping with venom.
“So you call me an asshole and expect me not to be one? Wow you are as stupid as you look bitch.” he smirked, amused.
“WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM BAKER??? Seriously! What did I ever do to you?” I screamed, fed up with his smug attitude.
“Nothin’.” He shrugged casually.
“You are the biggest fucking asshole I’ve ever met.” I said darkly as I snatched up my guitar and ran into the studio. I put my guitar back in the stand and clenched my fist tightly before punching the wall as hard as I could.
“Oh fuck. Babe what happened?” Claude asked concerned as she placed a hand on my shoulder.
“Baker...” I hissed, taking deep breaths in attempt to calm my self down before I broke something.
“Okay what the fuck wa- HOLY FUCK! What happened to the wall?” Jimmy shrieked, his eyes about to pop out of his skull.
“Zacky pissed Nat off and yeah....now there’s a dent in the wall...” Claudia explained for me. Jimmy let out an exasperated sigh, running his hand through his hair.
“Nat come with me, we’re going for a ride. Claude can you go yell at Zack for me please?” Jimmy asked, trying to keep a calm composure.
“Anytime.” Claudia grinned. Although she loved both me and Zack, she liked guilt tripping him, she had become quite good at it. But it never seemed to work anymore, he wasn’t the same person and he didn’t care.
“Oh and Claude, tell the guys I’m done for the day.” Jimmy said quietly before wrapping an arm around me and leading me to the car.
We drove to Jimmy’s house since he knew Johnny would be mad about the damaged wall later. Once we were there I trudged into the house and let myself fall face down on the couch. I closed my eyes and sighed contently as Jimmy began softly rubbing my back.
“You still like him don’t you?” he asked knowingly.
“I still like the OLD him...I miss him Jimmy...I miss the way he used to be...I’d give anything for the old Zacky to come back.” I mumbled, feeling the tears build up in my eyes. I took in a deep, shaky breath as I sat up, attempting to keep a cool composure. Jimmy pulled me into a tight hug and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes again and just leaned against him.
“What do you say, we call the boys and Claudia, and get them to meet us at the bar? We can all just party and take a break from all the stress, and just don’t even talk to Zack. If he tries to talk to you walk away and come see me, okay?” Jimmy suggested, brushing my hair out of my face. A smile crawled its way onto my face and I nodded excitedly.
“Can we run by my house so I can change into a clubbin’ outfit?” I asked jumping up. Jimmy nodded and we walked out to the car.

xXxXxXx

We had just arrived at the club and immediately, Brian and I walked up to the bar.
“Two shots of Jack for each of us.” I half yelled over the music to the bartender. The bartender gave us the shots and we downed them.
“Four more please!” Brian grinned excitedly. The bartender chuckled and poured us four more shots. After we threw them back with ease, I went back to the table to join Claudia and the boys. I sat in her lap and reached across the table, grabbing Matt’s beer and chugging half of it.
“Heyyy!” Matt whined and pouted like a kid.
“Oh shush. Order another one.” I rolled my eyes and tossed him a dollar.
“Babe don’t get too drunk tonight.” Claudia laughed. I grinned at her mischeviously.
“What’s your definition of TOO drunk?” I smirked.
“Don’t get sick.” Johnny sighed, shaking his head.
“Psh. Funny Johnny. You know I can hold my liquor.” I said smugly. I got up and ran to the other side of the table grabbing Brian’s arm.
“Brian, lets dance!” I squealed pulling him out of his seat. I glanced at Zack who almost looked like he was glaring at Brian. I just shrugged it off. I dragged Brian to the dance floor and we started grinding with each other. Brian and I didn’t have feelings for each other or anything but when we were clubbing buddies when we were out with the guys. After a few songs I decided to get some more shots but as I tried to walk away, Brian grabbed my arm.
“No more babe. You’ve had enough.” He said sternly.
“Fineee.” I groaned and trudged back to the table. I sat down and grabbed someone’s beer, I think it was Zack’s, but I’m not entirely sure.
“Can I help you?” He growled impatiently.
“Nah I’m good why?” I asked before downing the rest of the beer.
“Just forget it.” He grumbled shaking his head. I shrugged about to grab another beer but my hand was smacked away by Johnny.
“Zack...I know you all don’t get along but can you please walk her home, I don’t wanna worry about her getting sick and you’re not really drinking...” Johnny asked hopefully. Before I could make a scene, Zack grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the club.
“But I wanna drink more!” I whined, crossing my arms over my chest.
“Well that fuckin’ sucks dosen’t it. I wanted to stay at the club but I’m stuck walking your drunk ass home.” He retorted, annoyed.
Finally we reached my house and I cracked up laughing as I stumbled through the door. I headed straight for the liquor cabinet, I wasn’t done partying yet.
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Zack shrugged annoyed as he grabbed my arm before I got to the cabinet.
“What’z it look like Baker? Ima get me zome mor’ booze!” I giggled reaching for the cabinet with my free arm.
“No you’re not. You’re drunk enough and I’m not cleaning up your puke if you get sick dumb ass. Also Johnny would kill me if I let you drink more.” He stated sternly, dragging me away from the kitchen.
“FUCK YOU BAKER! I’m not a dumb ass!” I screamed in his face.
“Shut up bitch. I’m not in the fucking mood to listen to your annoying ass voice!” He snapped back.
“ZACK! WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM??? Seriously, what the fuck did I ever do to you? Why do you fucking hate me so much?” I yelled. I had finally snapped.
“Just fucking drop it.” he hissed.
“NO! I won’t fucking drop it! I FUCKING LOVED YOU!” I screamed and immediately covered my mouth, realizing what I had just said. His eyes went wide as he loosened his grip on my arm. I stood there, my feet glued to the spot as his eyes were locked on mine. My breath hitched in my throat as he slowly moved closer, backing me against the wall. Before I knew it, Zack’s chest was pressed against me and his lips crashed against mine. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He rested one of his hands on my hip and the other on the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. Before he could manage to go any further, I forced myself to pull away.
“I th-thought you h-hated me...” I mumbled, trying to catch my breath. He looked away and sighed, pulling me towards the couch.
“I never hated you...a couple years ago, when you had a crush on me...I liked you too and no one knew about it. When Johnny found out you liked me, he got pissed and was ranting about it to me. I knew I couldn’t be with you without losing one of my best friends and band mate, so I figured if I made you hate me I wouldn’t have a chance anyway...” He explained quietly as we sat down.
“So...lemmie get this straight. You were an ass to me, so you wouldn’t have a chance to piss off Johnny and break up the band...” I said more to myself than him, trying to process it. Zack nodded with a guilty look plastered on his face.
“I’m sorry...I didn’t realize you felt so much for me...I thought it was just a crush...” He trailed off, hanging his head. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck.
“I forgive you.” I said quietly and planted a small kiss on his neck.
“Let’s get you some food so you’ll be at least a little more sober when your brother gets home. What do you want?” He asked, smiling as he stood up.
“CAP’N CRUNCH!” I giggled excitedly.
“Then Captain Crunch it is.” he laughed and kissed my forehead. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV to see that Bully Beatdown was on.
“YES! Bully Beatdown!” I yelled loud enough for Zacky to hear.
“I wanna watch!” he said excitedly as he emerged from the kitchen, a bowl of Cap’n Crunch in each hand. We sat there eating cereal and watching Bully Beatdown for about an hour before my phone vibrated. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to see a text from my brother saying “I b home n bout 15 min”. I responded with a simple “kay” and slid my phone shut.
“Johnny on his way home?” Zacky asked sadly. I nodded and leaned against him. A smirk crawled its way onto my face as I got an idea.
“Just come to sleep with me before Johnny gets here. He won’t come in my room if he thinks I’m sleeping.” I grinned and kissed his cheek before hopping up and running up stairs. Zacky followed closely behind me and closed the door behind us. I stripped down to my bra and underwear then threw on a baggy t-shirt. I turned around to see Zacky standing there in just his boxers and I pulled him to the bed with me. Zacky pulled the sheets over us and planted a small kiss on my lips. I snuggled closer to him and he draped his arm over my waist.
“Hey Zacky?...” I mumbled timidly.
“Yeah Baby?” He asked quietly, brushing the hair out of my face.
“What are we gonna tell Johnny?...” I asked worriedly. He sighed and started rubbing my back.
“We’ll worry about that when it happens, okay Sweetie?” he said reassuringly. I nodded sleepily and kissed his cheek.
“Goodnight Zacky, I love you.” I sighed contently.
“I love you too Baby.” He mumbled and kissed my forehead. That was the last thing I remembered before sleep took me over.