Status: Done =D

Love Story

Love Story

We were both young
When I first saw you
I close my eyes


“Bye, Jess!” I shout while walking up the porch. I turn and glance at the street, suddenly stopping when I see him. No it’s not him, it’s someone else. I turn and go in. Remembering him.

And the flashback starts
I’m standing there
On a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns


It was my first time attending this type of party. My dad’s company held an annual charity ball. I felt awkward and bored until i saw an abandoned balcony and walked towards. I reached the balcony. I looked around the stars in the sky. It felt magical. I turned around to look at the scene in front of me. The debutants and the socialites the young men who were dying to impress. The perfect setting for an episode of “Gossip Girl”.

See you make your way through the crowd
And say hello
Little did I know


I see a guy walking towards me. My heart starts beating erratically. He can’t be walking towards me? Can he?

“Hello, I’m Ryan Marks.” He sticks out a hand.
“ Hi, I’m Jodie Clayburn.” I say, quietly, my eyes averted. I know I’m blushing. The guy must be 19. Way too old for me.

That you were Romeo
You were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you please don’t go


Ryan and me got on well. We both kind of clicked. I thought that this was gonna be a sucky night, It wasn’t. What happened afterward changed my mind.

“Jodie, you are not to see that young man!” my father said loudly. “He’s one of the board of directors son! He’s trouble! His father's trying to ruin me!”

“How is Ryan like his Dad, Daddy?!” I cry. The door bell rings and my father answers the door. It’s Ryan.

“Can I speak to your daughter ,Jodie, sir?” he questions. He’s perfectly polite! I have no idea what Daddy has against him?

“I’m sorry young man. My daughter has been grounded, she won’t be able to speak to her friends for a long time.” my father says with a forced and faked grimace. Ryan instantly saw through it.

“That’s fine sir.” he turn to go away

“Ryan, no please don’t go!" I shout across the hall way.

He whirls around and see me, tears and all. But by that time my dad’s closed the door.

And I said
Romeo, take me
Somewhere we can be alone
I’ll be waiting
All there’s left to do is run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess
It’s a love story, baby, just say yes


“My dad won’t let me see you, Ryan. ”I whisper into my mobile phone. “I can’t believe he’s acting this way.”

“We’ll figure it, Jodie. We can find someplace to meet.”

“What about Merchant’s park?” I say. The old park is rarely used by teenagers. No one will know who we are.

“I’ll see you there.”

We can make this work if we work at it.

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet ‘cause we’re dead if they knew
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while
Oh, oh


At the bottom of our garden there’s a little slope. No one from the house can see what’s happening at the bottom. Ryan has snuck in and is waiting for me. I tiptoe down the stairs and quietly open the door. I stay silent and listen to see if anyone has heard me. I quickly start running across the yard.

“Hi!” I say breathlessly. Ryan pulls me toward him and wraps his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his torso.

We pull apart and we both sit down on the grassy hill, looking up to the stars. Thinking of our future. Do we have a future? That’s the question. But now is not the time to be thinking about that. We only have a few precious moments with each other. They can’t be taken over by reality. Here, it’s just the two of us. It’s just us.

‘Cause you were Romeo,
I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet
But you were everything to me
I was begging you please don’t go


They found out somehow. Dad was livid with me. They still aren’t telling me why I’m not allowed to see Ryan. But I can’t live with out him. I just can’t. Ryan sent me an e-mail somehow. He wrote that my Dad had been to see him and told him to stay away from me. That if he even attempted to see me, he was in trouble and that he’d have him arrested for stalking me. But he’s everything to me now. I’ve got a feeling that Ryan won’t be around for much longer. His Dad is exactly like mine. Ryan really wants to go to The Universit of Arts London and up until now that his Dad has been refusing to pay for it. I don’t want him to leave me. If he does then I’m empty then.

And I said
Romeo, take me
Somewhere we can be alone
I’ll be waiting
All there’s left to do is run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess
It’s a love story, baby, just say yes


We met up for the last time. At Merchant’s park. I’d run away with him if I could. But I’m 16. He’s 19. Knowing my Dad he’d have him arrested and locked up. I can't do that to him.

Romeo, save me, they’re trying to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult
But it’s real
Don’t be afraid


“I still love Ryan DAD! I still do! So don’t bother setting me up with frigging Oliver! Okay! Just frigging leave me alone!” I shout from the top of the stairs. It’s been 6 months since I’ve seen Ryan. The distress is evident in my face and my actions and I can see that Dad’s realized what’s happened to me. Maybe that’s why he’s trying to set me up with Oliver, he feels sorry for me.

We’ll make it out of this mess
It’s a love story, baby, just say yes


But I love Ryan. I’m going to wait for him and only him. I’ve only got like another year to go until I’m 18. After I’ve turned 18 we’ll be together. We can be free to love each other.

I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around


It’s been one year and half since Dad tried to set me up with Oliver. Ryan’s probably forgotten about me. Damn it they were right. If he was here we could’ve proved them wrong. That this love is meant to be.

My faith in you was fading

I don’t believe anything he says now. It was a pack of lies.

When I met you on the outskirts of town

“Package for a Jodie Clayburn.” says the postman.

I accept the package and thank the postman and whilst closing the door, I open the package. Out falls a stiff card along with a cream rose.

Meet me by the old football pitch.

R.M

X

Ryan???

And I said
Romeo save me
I’ve been feeling so alone


It can’t really be him, can it? Ryan can’t be back after all this time? Oh, Lord if is him… I’ve empty and alone for so long.

I keep waiting for you but you never come

Oh god, someone must be pulling a prank on me. There’s no one here. I turn around, feeling downcast and upset. I stop when I see him, he was standing behind me.

Is this in my head
I don’t know what to think
He knelt to the ground
And pulled out a ring
And said


“Ryan!” I whisper breathlessly.

He moves closer to me his hand shaking gently as he cups my face. He moves back and kneels down on ground, pulling something out of pocket. My heart starts beating fast. It feels so good being near him, just seeing him again after 2 years.But why has he got a jewellers box? He can’t be proposing. He just can’t!

Marry me, Juliet
You’ll never have to be alone


“Marry me, Jodie, please!” says Ryan lifting his head and looking into my eyes. “ I know I’ve been gone for a long time, but we’re older and wiser.”

I love you and that’s all I really know

“I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you at the charity ball, and to be honest there’s been no one for me since.” Ryan whisper up to me, holding up the ring.An elizabethean ring.

I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress

“I met with your Dad last week and explained everything to him. I told him that no matter what happened I will always love you and that I’d married you without his blessing. But I know you’d want your Dad there at the wedding.” he says ruefully, smiling and flashing those pearly white teeth.That smile that used to undo me.

It’s a love story, baby, just say yes

So, what do you say, Jodie.” asks Ryan nervously.

"Yes."I say simply as I fall down onto the ground and attach my lips to his.

Finally.

Oh, ah, oh
Oh, ah, ah, oh


We can take on the world now. Together.

Cause we were both young
When I first saw you


Because it’s always been him. From the very start.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a cheesy love story, but who doesn't enjoy them once in while? I'm a sucker for happy ending and Love Story is one of my favourite songs!

© Love Story,Taylor Swift,Copyrighted