I Saw Your Heart as It Overtook Me

Never A Normal Day

I pushed Jimmy's kick pedals back a little bit more, allowing for his seemingly extra long legs, and sat back, checking everything one last time to make sure Jimmy's kit was good to go. I made a few more minor adjustments before I was satisfied with my work and stood up, straightening my skirt out before I made my way off the stage and to the back where the guys were sitting around.

I instantly spotted Matt sitting in the shade, trying to keep himself out of the harsh summer sun, while having a word with my brother. Matt looked up for a split second and connected his gaze with my own before leaning over to tell Zacky something. In response Zacky turned to me and gave me a little, mysterious grin before both he and Matt stood up.

Zacky made his way towards me while Matt went off to go have a word with JB. As Zacky got closer and closer to me, his little, mysterious grin turned into a full blown smile.

"C'mere." He laughed, catching me around the waist and picking me up slightly as he gave me a tight hug.

I laughed a little as well as I hugged him back, knowing exactly what it was he was so damn happy about. Zacky set me back on my feet and placed a rather sloppy kiss on my forehead before he stepped back and placed a hand on either side of my shoulders. He opened his mouth as if he were about to say something but closed it a few seconds later.
I gave him a funny look and he just shrugged his shoulders before pulling me back into a tight hug.

"Uh, are you okay Zacky?" I asked. "Is this hardcore Marysville weather starting to fry your brain?" I joked [lol, oh boy ... Marysville has some crazy parties ... ehem, yeah, in case you guys ever wondered that].

"Eh? Why do you ask that?"

"Because it looks like you're getting ... 'delusional'."

"Of course not. I'm just still sort of in disbelief that you're actually ... engaged." He mumbled, tightening his arms around me. "And what's even more unbelievable is that I'm ... okay with it all. I would have thought that when the day came I'd have to kick somebody's ass but, hey ... I'm actually psyched for a wedding."

"Yeah, I suppose you just can't wait to give me away, eh Zacky?" I laughed.

"Yeah, can't wait to give you away to Matt." He snickered. "Ha, give you away ... that sounds funny."

I rolled my eyes a little as Zacky continued to laugh at his little 'discovery' and looked over his shoulder, seeing that Matt had finally finished talking to JB.

"Well, thanks for the chat brother, but I gotta go." I said, pulling away from Zacky to make a mad dash towards Matt.

As soon as he caught sight of me, Matt's face broke into a grin and he opened his arms, allowing for me to jump into them as soon as I was able to. As he wrapped his arms around my waist, securing me in place, I instinctively wrapped my arms around his shoulders and my legs around his waist, holding tightly onto him.

"Hey baby." He said quietly.

"Hey." I replied, biting my lip slightly to suppress a smile as he began to place some soft, random kisses on my neck.

"Guess what." He mumbled between kisses.

"... Chickens butt?"

Matt laughed a little, his warm breath making the skin on my neck hotter than it already was.

"I love you." He whispered into my ear. "Very, very much."

"Oh ... is that so?"

"Eh ... perhaps." He replied, rocking me gently.

"Well in that case, I love you very, very, very much."

I felt Matt's lips curve into a smile and I pulled a little away from him so I could flash him a little smirk. He gave me a little, shy smile, allowing me to catch a quick glimpse of his dimples before he reached over and pressed his lips to mine. I felt him run his tongue across my bottom lip but didn't bother to part them because he had already shoved his way through before I even had time to react.

"You guys are on in two minutes." Someone announced in the distance.

I know that Matt heard the dude because he emitted a little impatient growl from the back of his throat but he didn't cease in letting his tongue massage my own.

"Yo, uh ... you two ... er, fiance ... people."

I tried my best to block out Johnny's voice as me and Matt's kiss got a little more intense.

"Um ... w-we uh ... dude, we gotta get out onto the stage."

Still trying to block him out here.

"You guys," Johnny whined, "don't make me get the damn broomstick and break you two up."

I finally broke the kiss and erupted into a fit of laughter at the tone of Johnny's voice. I swear, the man just reminds me so much of a little kid sometimes; it's almost as cute as it is funny.

"Finally, they surface for air." Johnny mumbled, more to himself than us.

"Hey, shut your damn face." Matt said, giving Johnny a dirty look, which made his eyes widen a little bit in horror and he sulked off to go give Shawna some lovin' before he headed onto the stage himself.

"Don't be so mean to him." I grinned.

"Eh, he should have known better than to interrupt us." Matt muttered before pressing his lips to mine once more.

After a couple of seconds Matt broke the kiss and put me back on my feet. He looked down, his eyes lingering on my engagement ring, and laced his fingers with mine, pulling me off towards the stage where everybody was already waiting for us. On the side of the stage, Matt released my hand and gave me a quick kiss before he stepped out in front of the crowd.

As he took hold of his mic, I took a seat beside Amber and got settled to watch the set. I glanced up at Amber to stick my tongue out at her but stopped myself short when I saw she was looking a bit pale.

"Amber ... are you okay?" I asked, tilting my head to the side a bit.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine." She said, waving her hand as if to wave off my worries.

"But you're not looking too good hun ... maybe you should get back to the bus and get yourself cooled off."

"Yo, I'll be fine." She said, giving me a little smile. "I'll go back to the bus when the guys are done with their set; it's not like it's gonna be extremely long or anything."

"Well, alright." I sighed, turning back to the stage as the guys got into their first song of the day.

About thirty minutes later, Matt announced the last song of their set, Strength of the World.

"It's about time." Amber mumbled, shifting a little in her seat. "I didn't know if I was gonna be able to sit still any much longer."

I cast a side glance at her and felt a little bit better seeing that the color had returned back to her face. She noticed me looking at her and she stopped fanning herself for a few seconds to give me a dirty look.

"What the hell you lookin' at, bozo." She snapped.

"I, uh ... nothing." I muttered, looking back to Matt.

Geesh, talk about touchy.

"I'm sorry Lauren." She sighed as if reading my mind. "I'm just ready to get this, this thing," she said, motioning to her impregnated belly, "out of me."

"Well, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you still got one more month to go hun."

"Gah, I know, I know." She huffed. "I ... I'm like going crazy here. I'm ... peeing on myself?"

"What?" I asked, giving her an extremely funny look. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Look." She said, motioning to her 'crotch area.'

"I ... Amber, maybe you shoul-"

"Oh, owch, motherfucker!" She yelled, latching onto my arm. "Oh holy shit."

"Dude, Amber, let's get you-" I stopped myself short, finally figuring out what the hell was going on. "Amber ... y-you're pregnant." I said stupidly.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock, I've been pregnant for the past eight fucking months, haven't you noticed?"

"No, I-I mean ... your damn water just broke dude." I said, somewhat in awe.

"What ... my water broke?" She asked. "I ... whoa ... talk abou- oh shit, now that really fucking hurt. Lauren, do something!"

"I, what the fuck, I don't know what the hell to do." I said, my eyes widening in horror at the thought of having to deliver a baby.

"I-I ... " I trailed off, searching frantically around for someone who might have the slightest clue as to what to do.

However, the only person close enough was ...

"JB, get over here." I demanded.

"Yo, what's up?" He asked calmly.

"I-"

"I'm fucking having a baby!" Amber said, shaking a fist in his direction.

"Yeah, I know." He said, giving her a thumbs up. "I'm actually excited; I like kids."

"Well get ready for it 'cause it's coming right. Fucking. Now!" Amber said through her teeth, giving JB a death glare.

He gave her a weak smile which faltered a couple of seconds later when he realized that Amber was actually having a baby.

"What? I ... holy shit." He said, staring at us in shock for a couple of seconds before coming to his senses. "Dude, Shawna, go get Alyssa!" He yelled, kneeling down beside Amber. "I-It's gonna be alright ... Alyssa will know what to do; she's pre med and ... oh holy crap, this is totally blowing my mind right now."

"Yeah, mine too." Amber mumbled, digging her nails into my arm.

I flinched a little and looked up, finally noticing that the guys had just wrapped up their song.

"Amber, babe, I'm gonna go get Zacky, okay? I'll be right back." I said, trying to pull myself out of her death grip.

"What? No, don't go." She begged. "Wait, yeah, get Zacky so I can kick his ass for knocking me up!"

She let go of my arm and actually pushed me a little towards the stage. I caught myself before I fell out of the chair and got up, running onto the stage as the guys were waving off their fans. I caught Zacky around his waist, nearly knocking him over, and earning a sour look from him.

"Lauren, what the fu-"

"Your wife's water just fucking broke." I said, cutting him off.

"I-wait-what?!"

"I said, your wife's water just fucking broke." I repeated, trying to pull him off towards her.

"I-I ... I t-thought that's what you said." He said weakly, finally letting me led him to where Amber (who was now surrounded by Alyssa, Shawna, JB, Jimmy, Johnny, Lissa, Syn, and Matt) was sitting.

Zacky was somehow able to push his way past everybody so he could stand behind his wife, taking her hand in his.

"Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, I ... whoa." He muttered, staring down at Amber. "I ... oh good Lord, I ... this is-"

There were a few shouts of surprise as Zacky toppled over, landing in a little heap beside Amber's chair.

"Oh my gosh, what kind of sissy did I marry?" Amber mumbled, glancing down at her husband who had just passed out beside her.

"I don't know hun, but we gotta get you to the hospital." Syn said, rushing forward to pick her up bridal style. "Matt, get Zacky."

Matt picked Zacky up and actually tossed him over his shoulder and we all hurried after Syn as he led us to where the bus was parked.

That's one thing about the Warped Tour ... there's no such thing as a normal day.

************************************

Well, here we are, five hours later, sitting around in the waiting room, waiting for the okay to go inside a see Amber. It turned out she gave birth to a baby girl, Miss Lovella Rose Baker [pronounced La-vel-la ... in case you guys were wondering :D] who is as healthy as can be, despite being born one month premature. Hopefully she gets her mama's looks because we all know her daddy is kind of an eye sore [oh, boy, is that ever a lie if I've seen one ... the man is simply b-e-a-u-tiful] ... in my opinion anyway.

I sat there on Matt's lap, my arms wrapped loosely around his shoulders and my head resting on his chest. We were all pretty much restless by now, knowing everything that was going on but yet still not being able to go and congratulate the new parents or getting to see the newest addition to the Baker family.

"Gah, why are they making us wait out here?" I sighed impatiently.

"Because we know how much you love to wait."

I sat up straight and whipped my head in the direction my brother's voice had come. I spotted him standing in the doorway with a huge, dorky smile plastered on his face and I jumped up, running over to him.

"Whoa, calm your jets, sis." He laughed as I flung my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Can I got see her?!" I squealed.

"Well, since I know you won't take no for an answer, yeah, you can." He grinned. "But only two people are allowed in at a time ... apart from myself. So-"

"Mattie's coming too." I said, cutting him off."

"I thought you might say that. Matt, get your ass over here."

I reluctantly released my arms from Zacky and grabbed a hold of his hand in front of me. Zacky took of down the hallway, leading us to where Amber was resting. We took the first left, then the first right, another right after than, through some doors, and finally came to a stop in front of room number 210.

"Alright." Zacky said, turning around to look at me. "Rule number one, take a chill pill."

"Oh, this is so exciting." I squealed.

"Yeah, rule number two, no more of this fucking squealing shit."

"Fine." I mumbled.

"And rule number three, use small words; Amber's still sort of out of wack from the medicine they gave her."

"Alright, alright, let's go already." I said impatiently.

"Hmpf ... just remember the rules." Zacky muttered as he stepped forward and opened the door, allowing for me to go inside.

I instantly spotted Amber lying on the bed, holding onto little Lovella, and indeed looking very out of it. She looked up and gave me a somewhat lopsided smile before looking back down to the bundle of pink blankets she was holding in her arms. I slowly made my way over to beside her bed and reached over to kiss her forehead softly before I peaked down into the blankets to see a pair of vibrant green eyes.

"Oh, whoa, look at those eyes." I said softly, letting a little smile play across my lips.

"Don't worry, that's the only thing she got from Zacky." Amber grinned, pulling the blanket back a little bit so I could see more of Lovella.

"Oh, thank God." I joked, flashing Zacky a little smirk before turning back to Lovella. "Why hello there, missy." I said, reaching over to run a finger over her tiny, little hands. "I bet you're thinking 'who the hell is this bozo staring at me'."

"Yeah, she's definitely thinking that, babe." Matt said, taking a seat beside the bed.

"Shush." I grinned.

He stuck his tongue out at me and reached out, pulling me down onto his lap.

"Oh my gosh, you two, she's so beautiful." I gushed. "I'm so jealous of you guys; I want a beautiful, baby girl now."

"Whoa ... you two just got engaged." Zacky said, giving me a somewhat scared look.

Ha, I don't know what the hell he had to be scared of.

I forced a smile in return and adjusted myself a little on Matt's lap so I could cuddle into his chest.

As happy as I was for Zacky and Amber just then, I was honestly just as jealous of them. Why? Come on, you know why.

It's hard knowing that you'll never be able to have kids; it's hard knowing that as much as you want to start a family with the one man you truly love, you don't be able to. Sure, I may have a fucking 1% of ever conceiving a child but still ... that's pretty much the same as saying 'I, Lauren Baker, am a virgin.'

Yeah, pretty much a lie.