Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Foralog?

Roaring Thunder

Chapter Fifteen: Death

Raine was with them. Just her. I wouldn’t have a clue where the rest of them were. They probably thought she was evil, too.

“Raine,” Kevin snarls from beside me.

“Probably coming to finish what she started.”, I growl, glowering up at her.

“We have to get David to explain.”, Alison says quietly, taking her stance in front of me. I really didn’t like her there. I wanted her to be near Sophie, in the center. Because they were all around us, surrounding us in a perfect circle, hissing at the sight of us.

“General Deangelo!!!”, David yells, looking around.

“He’s at the back, David. Where he can give a false report.”, Alison growls, looking around, seeming like she actually wasn’t seeing any of it. She’s in a trance … I think, watching as her pupils change dramatically. They soon stay put, as she shakes her head, looking around one final time.

“What are we waiting for?!”, Duncan growls impatiently.

“Let go of the prisoner!!!!”, one of them yell.

“Sophia Angelica Muse is not a prisoner!!!!!”, Alison snarls furiously. “Now,” she says quietly. We all broke apart quickly, just as all the angels came running down. It looked like snow, as their wings were unfolded, in rays of gold and white. I look at Sophie, who had wings the exact same color as them, seeing Alison behind her, aiming her own bow and arrow.

I ducked just in time to miss Raine’s sword, blocking it with my own as it came down on me.

“You just won’t die, will you?”, Raine growls.

“You’re one to talk. You’ve been dead for over five hundred years.”, I growl, kicking for her head, nearly getting stabbed with her sword. “I’ve only been dead for two years.”

“You so sure ‘bout that?”, Raine growls. “Your little sis is getting her ass whooped by an angel. Such an embarressment.”

“Then you understand how Kevin and Josh feel about you.”, I growl, clashing my sword with hers. Her eyes narrow at me, as she bares her teeth.

“You don’t know what I’ve been through thanks to Katharina.”

“She’s not Alison. They’re two different people.”

“Yeah, because Katharina actually made it to Heaven unlike the rest of us.”

“So?!”

“Alison’s done the exact same thing. The only difference was that nobody came looking for her.”, Raine growls. “We all just thought that our angelic little sister had gone to Heaven.”

“And what does Alison have to do with that?”

“We all knew she’d come back. Little miss friends-with-Rebel-Demons-and-Kevin’s-niece.”, Raine snickers. “But I’d like to see what happens to her when she looses her big sister.”

She kicks behind my knees, sending me falling to the ground, my sword flying out of my hands as Raine’s goes into my heart. I felt my blood swell in my mouth as I start coughing uncontrollably. I couldn’t believe that I was dieing. But all that was on my mind was to make sure Raine didn’t hurt anyone else. I pulled the sword out of my heart, my head spinning as black spots filled my vision. I forced myself to looked Raine dead in the eyes, as I held the sword high, coughing weakly.

But I wasn’t able to do anything. I had lost too much blood. I fell to the ground, the sword falling out of my hands as I silently prayed in my final thoughts.