Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Foralog?

Roaring Thunder

Chapter Three: Deal

Well, Bitch — sorry, I mean Raine — is still alive. But is seriously injured. No broken bones — surprisingly — but she has bruises and scratches all over her body. Alison’s gone somewhere, with Martin and Max out looking for her.

“Well?”, Kevin asks hopefully. It was seriously sad to see him like this.

“Searched the entire state of California.”, Max says breathlessly.

“Nothing. Not even a simple trial. Nobody’s even seen her!”, Martin says, gasping for breath. “Where the hell could she have gone.”

“Well, lets think a little bit. She’s a thirteen year old witch from Louisville, Kentucky. Oh, I know! She went to Chuck E. Cheese’s.”, I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. “She obviously went home.”

“How would you know that?”, Josh asks, rolling her eyes.

“Simple. She can hide best with a place she’s most familiar with. And she’ll be able to keep Sophie entertained. It makes perfect sense.”, I say, shrugging indifferently. “But she wouldn’t go home. Remember? Her family think that they’re dead. She’d probably be with her friend … what was his name again? Tyler? Yeah, that’s it. She’s probably at his house or something.”

“Didn’t she kinda like him?”, Kevin asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Not really. You know Alison. She doesn’t believe in love.”

“Good for her!”

“You two are related! You both are completely messed-up!”

“Why, thank you,” Alison says, tipping an imaginary hat. “Sophie’s being guarded by the angels. So I can personally kill the Bitch without having to worry about Sophie.”

“You take pride in your messed-up thoughts, don’t you?”, Jenny asks, rolling her eyes.

“Of course! Because then I can break someone’s arm and not feel the slightest amount of guilt!”

“You have no heart, do you?”, Barbie asks, staring at her oddly.

“Hmm … I don’t think so. I think I gave it to Sophie …”, she shrugs, rolling her eyes. “Are all we just gonna talk about the empty hole in my chest that I’m supposed to hold a heart with? Or can I kill this bitch?”

“I say we continue talking about her heart!”, Sissy says, smiling. “This is an interesting topic!”

“Okay, Sissy, here’s how I’m gonna sum it up: I. Have. No. Heart. There, we done?”

“That’s not true!”, Martin says, frowning.

“Wanna bet?”

“Nah, I’m good!”

“I still think she has a heart,” Max grumbles.

“Keep thinking that,” Alison says sarcastically, pulling up a chair, and pulling out a book. “Anything else we must discuss about myself? How about you, Kenna?”

“Me?”, a little girl asks. She looked around twelve, maybe younger. She had spiky red hair, and these glowing green eyes. “How do you know my name?”

“I know just about everything.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes. “I’m the witch? Ring a bell? ’Course it does. Your leader killed me.”

“Oh, you’re the demon-witch.”

“Correct! We have a winner! Your prize is — really, nothing.”, she shrugs, standing up. “Well, I’m bored.”

“You’re not going anywhere.”, Kevin drags her back, setting her down. “Stay.”

“What am I? Your dog?”

“Good girl,” Kevin ruffles her hair, recieving a glare.

“I’ve been reduced to a dog.”, she grumbles, picking back up her book. “Keep Bitch away from me.”

“With pleassure.”

“You’re a dog?!”, Kenna asks, shocked.

“Nope. Alison’s our psychic-witch.”

“And my future wife.”, Max and Martin say together, getting whacked in the back of the head — courtesy of Josh. Then another two whacks by Kevin and me.

“Idiots,” we say together.

“Hey!”

“You had it coming.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes.

“How did you get ‘em to act like that?”, Kenna asks curiously.

“I didn’t do anything. They did it all by themeselves. But, watch this!”, Alison says excitedly. “Hey, boys. I could really use a glass of water.”

And they were scrambling, but I held them back. “Learn some self-control over your hormones, guys.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“Hmm … what can you get Kevin to do?”, Raine asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Nothing. I’m just his niece. Gosh, he’s nobody’s servant.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes. “But I can make Josh do all kinds of crazy stuff.”

“No, you can’t,” Josh snaps.

“Alright, then I’ll just tell —,” and Josh’s hand was over her mouth.

“What do you want, you evil little witch.”

“Thank you! And I want a tiny little kitten.”, Alison says smugly.

“I’ll be right back,” Josh grumbles.

“Wow … I’ve never seen anyone get away with that. What else can you do?”, Raine asks, smiling slightly.

“Hmm … well, I can make Duncan act like a complete idiot.”

“How?”

“Hold on a sec,” and she was gone, reappearing with Sophie. “Duncan! Can you watch Sophie for me?”

“Gladly,” Duncan says, smiling as he takes Sophie. “How’re you today, you perfect little angel?”

“Ohmyfinggod! That is hilarious! How would you like to be apart of the Rains?”, Raine offers.

“I’m not an idiot, Bitch. I don’t wanna see the world, I’m perfectly happy with Kevin bossing me around, and I’m not gonna get anymore powerful. Psychic, don’t forge it.”, Alison stood up, walking away.

“Looks like I’ve got one thing you’ll never have.”, Kevin growls.

“We’ll see about that. Alison’s too much like you, I’ll admit. But she’s got spark. She’ll be a Rain in a heartbeat.”

“Wanna bet?”, I snort, rolling my eyes. “Alison has her priorities. She’d only leave if Kevin kicked her out.”

“And what’s the likely chances of that?”

“’Bout zero out of zero.”

“Maybe she’ll join me easier than you think, Kev. You’re underestimating your niece.”, Raine says, spinning around. She snaps her fingers, and all of Rain walk away right after her.

“Someone needs a reality check,” I say, rolling my eyes. “And how can someone move their little hips like that so much, withour falling?”

“Oh, remember when you tried that!”, Dylan laughs.

“Hey! In my defense, I had no idea Tyler was such a jerk back then!”

“Yeah, but it was still totally funny.”

“Yeah, whatever,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“Okay, where’s the evil little witch?”, Josh grumbles, holding the kitten away from himself as it hissed.

“Aww, thank you, Josh! She’s exactly how I want her! Unique!”, Alison smiles, petting the kitten lovingly. “C’mon, I’ve got an angel who’ll love you!”

♠ ♣ ♠

“Okay, well … Mickayla is having this huge party, and we’re all invited!”, Alison says, as she curls Sophie’s hair.

Sophie was wearing a silky pale-blue gown, with lots of glitter. It was below the knees, and made Sophie look like a tiny angel. She wore some shiny lip-gloss, and blue glittery eyeshadow. She also had a aquamarine necklace on, and her smile seemed to out shine it.

Roxana wore a red flapper-dress — as Alison called it. Her curly red hair had a black rose in it, it was strapless — of course. She also wore her stone — carnelian. She wore fiery red lipstick, and orange eyeshadow with yellow glitter.

Jolie wore a dark violet dress, that would cling to her every curve. It had a thin strap that wrapped around her neck, and it stopped right above her knees. Her hair was straightened, and fell to her shoulders. She wore her stone — ruby necklace and earrings. Her glittery purple eyeshadow.

Nina wore a flattering, loose-fitting, pale blue dress, that had long sleeves that were almost see-through. Her hair was waved, giving her a flirty appearance. She also wore amethyst earrings — her stone.

Beatrix wore a simple red dress, with her hair curled. The dress was heart-collared, and glittery above the waist, with a hot-pink belt around her waist. Her makeup was simple — red eyeshadow, hot pink lipstick. She also wore an orange calcite necklace.

Joan wore a black dress, with a dark red belt. Her hair was straightened, falling just above her waist. She wore dark red eyeshadow, smiling shockingly. She also wore a bloodstone necklace. That made her eyes really pop — not really, just added more effect to them, as she wore a thin layer of black eyeliner.

Cecilia’s dress and makeup was a combination of neon colors. Her hair was curled and straightened and waved, it really showed off her personality.

Alison was wearing a black dress, with a dark violet belt tied into a bow around her waist. It was strapless, heart-collared, and stopped above her knees. She had white fingerless fishnet gloves on both her hands, and her nails were dark violet with black tips. She had a dark blue headband on her straightened hair, and wore dark blue eyeshaow with violet glitter, and a little silver eyeliner and clear lip-gloss. She wore a necklace with a huge hunk of sugilite. All together, she looked very witchy.

I was wearing a white dress, with a black belt tied into a bow around my waist. Strapless, heart-collar, loose-fitting, above the knees. I had black and white fingerless fishnet gloves. I wore white eyeshadow with black glitter, and clear lip-gloss. My hair was straighten, with a black headband on it. I was also wearing white high-heels, with those little strings. And my diamond pendant was tied around my neck.

“Alright, lets go,” Alison says, picking up Sophie and walking out behind the rest of us. Duncan smiles and Sophie, and I finally realized that he likes Sophie! That was something I would’ve never expected. They’re like total opposites. Alison hands Sophie over to Duncan, who takes her happily.

“Alison, are you aware that —”

“Perfectly aware, Mel. But Duncan’s a nice guy.”, she shrugs, smiling as Duncan and Sophie dance. “And they’re soulmates.”

“I thought you didn’t believe in love.”

“I don’t. But I believe in soulmates.”, and she twirled away by David.

“Alison looks very … witchy.”, Josh says, staring after her oddly.

“Glad to see I’m not the only one who noticed.”, I say, laughing slightly. “I thought I was just so used to everyone calling her a witch …”

“Nah, she still looks like herself. You can tell that it’s her.”, Dylan says, shrugging. “I mean, look. The colors are just like her eyes.”

“You know what I just noticed. All the Nathanson’s have black eyes. In one form or another.”, I say, staring behind me at Kevin and Josh. They shrug in unison, rolling their eyes.

“Must just be a family thing. Seeing as how Alison has it, too.”, Kevin smirks. “But she isn’t really related to me.”

“That’s what you think.”, I say, rolling my eyes, already flying down like everyone else. David twirls Alison one final time as we land, making her giggle.

“Think I should be worried?”, Kevin asks from beside me.

“No. Alison doesn’t believe in love. But yet she believes in soulmates? That just doesn’t make sense.”

“There’s a specific difference, Mel. Gosh,” Alison says, popping up beside me to roll her eyes, skipping and twirling away. I swear she’s reading Twilight.

“She’s right, you know? When you’re with a soulmate, it’s supposed to be instant love. While other love is something that takes time.”, Josh says, shrugging.

“Oh, now that makes perfect sense!”, I say sarcastically, as we walk into the party. I’m immediately twirled onto the dance floor with Josh, making me a little dizzy. Josh laughs as I stumble, catching me from falling.

“Sorry.”

“S’okay,” I say dizzily, shaking my head before I start dancing with Josh. I look over my shoulder, at where Sophie was dancing with Duncan. It seemed so weird. They were complete opposites. But I could tell Duncan loved her. You could obviously see the adoring look in his eyes. The same look Martin gives Alison …

“What are you looking at?”, Josh asks as he twirls me.

“Hmm? Oh, nothing. I was just thinking. Do you see Duncan and Sophie over there?”

“Yeah, kinda weird.”

“Duncan gives Sophie the exact same look Martin gives Alison …”, I say, deep in my own thoughts.

“Martin’s a love-struck puppy.”

“Looks like Duncan is, too.”

“Guess it’s just something that those two have in common.”

“Maybe,” I say, shrugging. Some Justin Bieber song plays, and I smile to myself. “Think Alison notices it?”

“Nope. She’s a very ignorant person when it comes to herself.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”, I sigh sadly. “Maybe she just needs a little push …”

“Then have Kevin murder the guy?”

“You don’t see Alison murdering Duncan.”

“True,” Josh says, shrugging. Sophie giggles, as Duncan picks her up, making a smile spread hugely across his face.

“Maybe there is a difference …”

“Alison reads all those love novels, she probably knows. And she doesn’t seem like the kind of girl completely okay with the idea of marriage.”

“Maybe ever? She is stuck as a thirteen year old girl.”

“And she’s planning on making sure Sophie doesn’t have to go through that. You can see it whenever she looks at the two.”

“She probably heard what Sophie told her after her death.”

“Yeah, probably,” he shrugs, and the song changes to our girl-theme-song. All us girls immediately get together, singing along to the song all together, dancing around like the completely random girls we are. And as the song ends, everyone around us burst into applause.

“You gotta know that song to be a true girl.”, we all say together, breaking up to go dance by ourselves. I stop Alison, pulling her aside.

“I have to ask you something.”

“’Kay, go ahead.”

“What did you think when you first saw Max?”, I blurt out, shocked at my own bluntness.

“Oh … umm … in person?”

“He was in your dream?”

“Yeah.”

“Weelllllll?”

“I thought he was cute and friendly.”

“What about Martin?”

“Handsome … funny … sweet … a little annoying, but an all-around good guy.”

“Then it’s settled. You have met your soulmate.”

Alison bursts out laughing.

“Y-you think Martin is my soulmate?! Hilarious!”

“Look at how Duncan looks at Sophie!”

“Yeah, okay. He looks like a love-struck puppy.”

“That’s exactly what Josh said …”, I mutter under my breath. “That’s exactly how Martin looks at you, Al!”

“Yeah, Josh looks at you the same way, Mel. And yet I don’t see you falling for him.”, — she got me there. I had noticed Josh looking at me the exact same way.

“Yeah, but if I date him, then I’ll automatically become a Thunder.”

“So will I.”

“Okay, I get it! If I go out with Josh then you’ll go out with Martin?”

“Fine. But you have to go out with him for at least three months.”

It’ll be worth it as long as Alison’s with her soulmate, I think firmly, shaking her hand. I walk away, linking my arm with Josh’s.

“Oh, hello to you, too,” Josh says, smiling at me. “Did you rethink Friday night?”

“Ahuh,” I say, looking around. Josh’s entire face lit up, as I noticed Alison looking straight at me. He was leaning down, and I meet him halfway. I swear that the world was playing tricks on me. Why? Because I think I’m falling in love with Josh!!!