We're Still So Young Desperate for Attention

Who's Adri??

Language: English (change)

This is the story of one Adrienne Marie Angelis and her struggles of the real world once she had graduated high school.

This story is based on her events. Who ever did this to her and the eight people around her is truly twisted. Little did they know it would actually bring them together. No she doesn't die, but what does happen is life altering. She's the young soul that no one except her friends really notice. Beaten at home by her drunken step-father. She doesn't tell her mother because he brings her mother happiness and she doesn't want to ruin that. She has two friends, Trent and Lillian. They know about her problems, but don't know all of it.

Why don't we just continue with the story instead of explaining everything and let you figure it out on your own.

Our story starts out just like any other day, our main character getting out of bed trying to ignore the large bruise and gash on her leg from the night before...


ADRIENNE'S P.O.V

The sound of Pantera's Cemetrey Gates went off signaling that it was time to get my ass out of bed. Meaning I have to get up and go to work.

I just graduated along with my two friends and the rest of my senior class. Normally I would be able to move out, but I'm broker then dirt. Normally I also have a thick wad of cash in my pocket too, but I haven't had to model or do a photo shot in a few weeks. I'm supposed to do one next week though.

I sighed and got out of bed and walked into my closet picking out my clothes. Which
happened to be a Misfits shirt and a pair of my Black skinny jeans along with my neon green converse.

I straighten my hair and put on my make up to cover what bruises might be seen. I just hope I don't have to model anytime soon.

I walked out of my house to see my step-father was passed out on the couch. I sighed as I thanked god that he was and not awake. I walked down my street to notice that Jimmy, my neighbor, and his crew were all outside. I have no problem with Jimmy. It's the rest of the crew. Well except Matt, but not only does the rest of the crew hate me, but Matt doesn't talk to me much.

I'm practically in love with Matt. I love his hazel eyes. His lip ring. His muscles that are nicely coated with the endless tattoos. I heard their chuckling as I walked by, but just continued to walk. Once I reached my work I saw Lillian and Trent.

"Hey guys." I said smiling.

"Hey Adri.' Trent said kissing my cheek.

"Adri I need you to stock these cds." my boss said from the back.

I nodded and started to stock the cds. I was there for about three hours until I saw some of the people I hate,
Jimmy's crew. They walked right in to the store. I sighed and finished the rest of the cds before I walked behind the counter.

"So when do you have to model next?" Lillian asked.

"I'm not sure. Hot Topic hasn't called. I have a photo shoot next week. I think it's Panic At The
Disco." Me and Lillian continued to talk until Jimmy called me.

"Hey Adris?" I laughed at his nickname for me.

"Yeah Jimbo?"

"Do have any more Rancid?"

"Look next to Metallica!" I yelled back. Rancid is one of Jimmy's favorite bands.

"Yay!" I heard him yell as he ran over to me and pulled a twenty out of his pocket.

I scanned it and put in my code and gave him a discount.

"Ok sir. That comes to $5.58."

"It's a 10.00 album?"

"I gave you a discount." I said laughing. He jumped behind the counter, literally jumped behind, and gave me a hug spinning me around.

"Jimmy you're going to make me sick. You're touching the freak." I heard someone say.

I looked over and my eyes caught Zacky's gaze.

Jimmy placed me back on the ground and walked back to the front. Brian grabbed his cds
and walked over to the counter where I rang them up.

"That's $23.52" I said waiting for the money.

"What no discount?"

"Wouldn't dream of it." He glared at me and just paid for his things before the youngest in their group Johnny came up. I rang them up.

"Ok that $15.25" I said smiling. He was always a cute kid.

"Aw will someone lend me some money?" He asked no one answered. I sighed and gave him the cds.

"How much do you have?"

"$7.50."

"I got it don't worry."

"Don't one of the guys will help me pay for it."

"Nah I have about $100 dollars from my last modeling job so." I said punching in my code and grabbing my wallet and putting the money in the cash bin.

"You're a model?" I heard Brian ask.

"Part time." I replied to hear snickering from them.

"There's a lot you don't know about her guys!" I heard Jimmy yell from the back.

"Here you can have my money since you just paid for my Cd's."

"It's cool kid use it to buy some food. Maybe you can grow a bit." I said smiling at him. He laughed shook his head. I always joked around with him like that.

I walked back from behind the counter and grabbed some Cd's and started stocking them until I tripped over a box. The Cd's went flying and I grabbed my leg. It had to be the leg that Frank had hit me in.

"Are you ok?" I heard Trent ask as Jimmy's whole crew started laughing except Jimmy.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said standing up, but caused a pain to shoot through my leg. I fell again and Trent ran to me.

"Shit Adri you're bleeding!" Lillian said.

Matt, the one that I really like out of the group, noticed and yelled for them to shut up. They did immediately. My boss ran out to see me on the floor.

"My Cd's! That's going to cost so much money!" Yeah he never cared about his workers just the money. Ian just sighed and rolled up my pant leg.

"Lillian get me the first aid kit. Adri that's a huge gash." Trent said looking at it. Lillian ran back and handed it to him before sitting next to me.

"Adri this is going to hurt so grip on to something."

I sighed and griped a table that was next to my head. He poured the alcohol on my leg. As I felt the burning of it I griped onto the table until I felt the table be replaced with something softer and someone sit behind me. I looked up to see Matt. Maybe he's not so bad after all? Trent tipped the bottle again and poured more onto my leg as tears ran down my face. Matt started whispering that it was ok in my ear as Jimmy came over and wiped the tears away. Trent wrapped the my leg and Zacky looked at me.

"How did that happen? Cause I know when you fall you didn't get a gash that bad and there's still some scab over it which says it's at least a day old."

"I fell down the stairs last night." I lied.

"So that's what that scream was last night." Johnny said.

"Yeah sorry about that." I said putting my head down.

"You had to scream right when Freddy Krueger killed Johnny Depp. I about pissed my pants." Brian said laughing.

"Sorry." I said laughing slightly. They nodded and Matt helped me off of the ground as my boss came over.

"Adrienne those Cd's are coming out of your pay check and since that's the third time you're
fired!" I was shocked. I just walked over behind the counter and grabbed my things and walked out of the shop.

Great now what's going to happen? I'm broke because I haven't had to model lately. I need r reason to stay out of my house!

I was thrown out of my thoughts by Trent and Lillian's voices.

"Hey wait up."

"Why aren't you guys with the jerk?"

"We just quit."

I laughed and walked to my house. We talked about random things until we got to my house where I said good bye to them and walked into my house. My mom doesn't like my friends because of the things we're into. Like wearing full black and things like that. At least I think so. She never really said why.

"Mom!" I yelled, "Are you home?!"

"I'll take complete silence as a no." I said walking over to our message board.

Honey had to go to work. Car accident victim and lots of blood and
all that good stuff. I'll be home as soon as I can. Money is under the book get some pizza or something.
Frank should be home soon.
-Love Mom


Great my mom won't be home when Frank is.

I sighed and laid down on my bed. I guess I fell asleep because I woke up at 5:20. I walked down stairs and saw Frank pull in. Frank stumbled showing he was drunk again and started yelling for me.

"You got fired! Again! You stupid slut!" I don't know what was worse.

The fact that I was going to get hit again or the fact that Jimmy and his crew were watching him as he made his way to the house. I knew I had to get out of the house. I ran into my room and looked around. I guess it's out the window I go. I opened my window and crawled out. Matt and the guys were watching me the whole time. I jumped out and into the bush. I hid along the house and prayed he didn't notice. The guys noticed that I was sneaking and Jimmy gave me a confused look. I just sighed and put my head down. I was so tired and I don't want to get hit tonight or any other day, but not right now mainly.

"Hey Adri what are you doing?!" Brian said loudly next to me.

"Brian please, please just be quite. I don't mean to be mean, but please." I asked with pleading eyes. He looked confused, but just left.

I was so off in my own little world that I didn't notice Jimmy next to me.

"Are you ok Adri?"

"Umm...Yeah." I said nervously. He looked me in the eye while I could hear Zacky yelling at him to come back and to stop wasting his time with me. He looked at my leg and looked at the house.

"Did he...?" He asked. I didn't answer. I just looked at the ground. I've known Jimmy forever and I know I can trust him, but I can't he might tell my mom or the guys.

"I won't tell anyone." He said.

"No Jimmy he didn't. Like I said I fell down the stairs." I said.

"You're lying Adri."

"Just please. Don't say anything." He nodded and looked at me. I heard a thud.

"Did he just pass out?"

"Yeah." I said looking at the ground.

"Why don't you tell anyone?"

"I can't if I do then my mom's happiness will end. I can't be the cause of that. She hasn't been happy since my dad passed away."

"If he bothers you tonight just get out of your house and run to my room. It's right there." He said pointing to the window closest to us and on the ground floor. Thank god for that. I nodded.

"Need help to get back in?" I nodded. Normally I would be able to get back in on my own, but with jumping out of my window my leg was burning. He smiled and climbed on my balcony before reaching his hand down to pull me up.

"I'm fat." I said reaching his hand, but he pulled me up with ease.

"Yeah you're so fat." He said joking. I slapped his chest and laughed before opening my window and stepping in with him following.

"Why do you hang out with them?"

"One they're my band mates. Two they're cool guys if you know how to deal with them." He said laughing.

"Adrienne!" I heard Frank yell from downstairs as I heard foot steps up coming up the stairs.

Jimmy balled his hands up into fist as Frank came closer.

"Jimmy please go." I said urgently.

"No. He's going to hurt you."

"Jimmy if he touches me I'll go straight to your house." He nodded and ran out of my room.

A few Hours later

Frank left and I had a nice bruise over my left cheek a busted lip and had a nice bruise over my stomach where he kicked me. I got my self together and grabbed a change of clothes before jumping out of my window. I limped to Jimmy's house. Would he be up? It's 2 in the morning. I sighed and walked over there anyways. I knocked on his window and saw the light turn on. He opened his window and looked at me. His eyes open wide. He pulled me in and sat me on his bed. He left the room and returned with alcohol and a few bandages.

"He did this?" He asked looking at me.

I nodded my head and let a few tears fall from my eyes stinging the fresh cut on my face. He sighed and started cleaning the cut. When he was done he walked back out of the room and came back with an ice pack.

"Why don't you go ahead and get into your p.js and you can sleep with me here in my bed." I nodded and got up.

Jimmy's seen me in my bra and underwear before because when I first moved in he would stare from his bedroom. He has a perfect view. I quickly changed. I heard him get up and felt a hand on my stomach where the bruise is. I looked at him and let a few tears fall. He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I cried into his chest.

"Hey..Hey. You're safe as long as you're here I won't let him touch you. If I hear anything I'll run right over ok?" I nodded. We heard a knock on the door and Jimmy walked over.

"What's going on?" I heard Matt ask.

"Adri just need some help so I had her come over."

"Is she staying over?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, just get some sleep." Jimmy nodded and closed the door.

I sighed and laid down in his bed. He laid down next to me and placed one hand on my cheek with the ice pack and another around my waist pulling me close. I sighed and placed my head on his bare chest before letting sleep take me whole, but not before hearing him say, "Why do you let him do this? You're too good for this."