Don't Stop Now

I'm on a trip, I can't get off, I can't get over

I walked downstairs to open the door and before me stood a lady in her mid-forties with a small child attached to her leg.

“Hello, who do we have here?” I said bending down to her level.

“This is Lydia Baker, Anne and Paul’s daughter.” The woman said. “I’m sure that you’re aware that you a the godfather of this child.”

“I’m what!” I shouted.

“You are this child’s new guardian, you are John O’Callaghan, right?” She asked.

“Yes.” I whispered.

“Good, her stuff is in the back of my car. I’ll bring it in with the paper work.” She said leaving me with Lydia.

“Come here.” I said holding out my hand. She took and came into the house with me.

“Hi, I’m John. You can call me uncle Johnny okay.” I said placing her on the couch. She nodded vigorously. “You like cartoons?” Once again she nodded. I turned on the TV to Disney channel and let her watch as the woman can back.

“I have yet to learn your name.” I said taking the bags from her.

“I’m Martina.” She smiled. “If we can go to the kitchen to fill out the paper work.” I led her to the kitchen and she handed me a stack of papers for me to read over.

“So where do I sign.” I sighed after what felt like hours of going through paper work.

“Right here.” She said pointing the line on the last page. I signed and wow, it felt weird.

“She’s all yours, I’ll be back in a month to check up on things.” She said walking out the door. “Bye Liddy.”

“Bye Marty!” She shouted from the couch. Great, I have a five year old and we’re going on tour in two weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story, hope you like it! COMMENTS = CHAPTERS