If Opposites Attract, Then We Were Meant to Be

An Invitation For Two Please...

*** Sam’s P.O.V. ***
Lizzie let out a low whistle as I continued to stare at the book. I could easily remember exactly how I had felt at every moment of that night. I need a distraction; I need to get away fast. Thank God today is Friday, T.G.I.F! I’ll get on a plane and go see Jared.
Just as I began to plan my trip my cell phone rang.
“Hello?” I answered the phone a bit distraught.
“Sexy!” Trè’s joyous voice filled my ear.
“Hey Trè, what do you need?” I asked.
“Well I have been sent to give you great news!” he exclaimed.
“Oh yeah what?”
“Mike and Anastasia are getting married!”
“I already know that Trè.”
“Ah but you don’t know that it’s happening in three days!” I imagined the smirk of triumph on his boyish face.
“WHAT!” I screamed.
“Ah! Yeah it’s true.”
“Why wasn’t I told sooner?! I need to get a dress and- do I need a date?” I was extremely flustered now.
“Uh I don’t know why. Hey you don’t need a date as a requirement but you can always go with me!”
“Well okay, actually Trè I have a boyfriend.” I informed him. I had stayed in contact with my friends, well except for Billie, but I kept my love life low-key and apparently so did they.
“What? Who? Does this mean your not my lover anymore?” I laughed he always made jokes like calling me his lover and stuff like that.
“Yep it’s true. His name is Jared Anderson, and you can be my secret lover okay,” I answered playing along. “In fact I was just going to see him.”
“Wait is that the guy from the last show?”
“That’s the one.”
“Alright! That means I hooked you guys up! Score, that so proves Mikey-boy wrong. He said nothing would happen between you two!” he was probably swelling with pride that he had done his job as a one-time matchmaker.
“Yeah so am I allowed to invite him?”
“I guess I’ll check with Ana and get back to you on that okay?”
“That’s fine. I talk to you soon then. Bye Secret Lover.” I chuckled.
“Yeah okay see ya!” I hung up once I heard the click on his line of the phone. So visit my boyfriend and go see my friends’ wedding, I’ll be busy and I’ll be missing Monday’s classes so Mike and Ana better have an exciting wedding worth missing lectures over! Aw who am I kidding I’d love to get out of classes for a day to party, Green Day had infected me with a love of parties!
*** Billie’s P.O.V. ***
“Why on earth would you do that?” I yelled at Mike.
“She’s mine and Ana’s friend you know, and I used to think she was yours too.” He answered defensively.
“Well she hasn’t spoken to me since she left. Did I say anything bad to her?”
“No, not that I know of. Well…”
"What? Well, what?” I burst I needed to know what he knew so I could mend our broken friendship. I thought of us all the time, it was my first thought when I woke up in the morning and my last one as I fell into slumber. I couldn’t stop this torture; even Adie noticed my scattered thoughts that distracted me 24/7.

I've got some scattered pictures lying on my bedroom floor
Reminds me of the times we shared
Makes me wish that you were here
Now it seems I've forgotten my purpose in this life
All the songs have been erased
Guess I've learned from my mistakes

Open the past and present
Now and we are there
Story to tell and I am listening
Open the past and present
And the future too
It's all I've got and I'm giving it up to you

Loose ends tied in knots
Leaving a lump down in my throat
Gagging on a souvenir
Lodged to fill another year
Drag it on and on until my skin is ripped to shreds
Leaving myself wide open
Living out a sacrifice

Open the past and present
Now and we are there
Story to tell and I am listening
Open the past and present
And the future too
It's all I've got and I'm giving it up to you

If you got no one!
And I've got no place to go!
Would it be alright?
Could it be alright?

I've got some scattered pictures lying on my bedroom floor
Reminds me of the times we shared
Makes me wish that you were here
Now it seems I've forgotten my purpose in this life
All the songs have been erased
Guess I've learned from my mistake

Open the past and present
Now and we are there
Story to tell and I am listening
Open the past and present
And the future too
It's all I've got and I'm giving it up to you
It's all I've got and I'm giving it up to you

Those words flowed through my mind and I wrote them down on a legal pad. Maybe it will be on an album we make one day.
“Well Ana may have hinted to me that Sam liked you, and that she was very upset when she found out about you and Adrienne…well that’s the message I got.” He was so confusing sometimes.
“She won’t talk to me because…she’s jealous?”
“That’s what I understood…somewhat, you know Ana. She talks a mile a minute and half of it has nothing to do with anything.” Mike sighed.
“Wait she likes me!” I perked up, my heart racing, my mind not even thinking of what this could mean.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa slow down their Casanova. I said she may have liked you past tense and you have a girlfriend remember?” Always bursting bubbles, that I believe is Mike’s purpose in life…as well as to be the best bassist in the universe, but that’s beside the point.
“I’m sorry I just can’t stop thinking about her and if she liked me I’d probably break up with Adie, as hard as that might be.” I really need to slow down, think, and stop following these love-struck notions.
“Dude again ‘past tense’. She may be over you by now. I would be.”
“Yeah…hey!” I sputtered thinking about what he had said,
“I was kidding! Just messing with you, you know I like to do that to you.” He held up his hands in truce.
“Man, if that’s true about her being jealous how will I be able to attend the reception as your best man and be with Adie around her?” I pondered aloud.
“Well you’ll just have to use the Trè Cool method.” He answered cryptically.
“And what method would that be?”
“Wing it!” he laughed taking a sip of my root beer. At that statement I joined in the laughter.