Tasting Fame

Tasting Fame - Johnny Christ [14]

FF SIX DAYS - BECCA'S P.O.V.

Six days have passed since my birthday. Everyone was actually out shopping right now for Johnny's birthday. He turns 22 today. He got pretty shit faced last night after the show, so Johnny's still back at the bus sleeping. It's a good thing that we have tonight and tomorrow night off. We got up early to shop without him knowing what we were getting him. The guys were all running around the local mall that we were at, and they were acting like complete idiots, occasionally stopping for some fans. We had finished our shopping and were sitting down, eating lunch. I was so preoccupied and playing with my pasta that I didn't notice Jimmy violently waving his hand in front of my face.

"Hello! Earth to Becca! Are you alright? You've hardly touched your food and you haven't talked all morning," he asked right before shoving a huge spoonful of Chinese food into his mouth.

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking about some stuff," I said as I placed my fork on the table.

"Are you thinking about the other night again? Look, Becca. We apologized to you about that a thousand times before. We're sorry that we said all those things about you and we walked out of the bar without giving you a chance to explain," Zacky said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I know. But you guys didn't hear Johnny after we went to talk."

Johnny and I had our first fight the other day, and it was a huge fight. I honestly thought that he was gonna break up with me. I knew that I hadn't done anything wrong, but I was scared of being apart from Johnny. We were at a bar after their show in Little Rock and I ran into the person that I didn't ever want to see again. The one person that I never wanted Johnny to see. The one person who could ruin my relationship with Johnny without even having to try, and make him jealous beyond belief.

Flashback (5 days ago; day after Becca's birthday) BECCA'S P.O.V.:

"So, Becca. Did you have fun last night?" Acey asked me with a slight smirk.

"You bet your ass I did. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday." I finished my sentence and intertwined my fingers with Johnny's. He smiled widely at my comment, and gave me a small kiss.

I broke away from Johnny to take a sip of my beer only to realize that the bottle was empty.

"Baby, I'm gonna go get another drink. Do you want one?" I asked, getting up from the booth.

"Ummm, sure. Does anyone else want another drink?" Johnny asked, looking around the booth at everyone else.

They all shook their heads 'no', and I walked up to the bar to get myself another beer, and get Johnny another glass of Vodka.

"What can I get for you, miss?" the bartender asked me as he dried off a glass.

"Two Miller Lights, and a glass of vodka, please."

The bartender had just scampered off to make my drinks when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Thinking it was Johnny, I leaned back into the person as I smiled and placed my hands on theirs.

"You look very pretty, tonight," said a deep, yet, all too familiar voice.

I whipped around to notice Chris, my most recent ex-boyfriend, trying to pull me closer to him. Before I was able to push him off me, I noticed Johnny storm past me and out the door, along with the rest of the guys, Sarah, and Kaitlyn, all of them sending me death glares in the process.

"Get the fuck off of me you mother fucking bastard!" I yelled, and tried to push him off me so that I could go and explain to everyone.

"I knew that you would come back for me. Don't even act like you're not happy to see me, Becca," he said as he nuzzled into my neck and started to kiss it. "I haven't seen you in a long time. I missed you so much," he said and brought his head up to look into my eyes.

I just continued to try and get out of Chris's grip to get to the bus and talk to Johnny, but Chris's grip was too strong.

"What the fuck can I do to make it up to you? What will it take to make you forgive me?" Chris yelled, starting to get angry.

"Nothing! There's nothing that you will ever be able to do for me that will make up for what you put me through. I can't believe that we're even having this conversation right now. I told you that I never wanted to fucking see your sorry ass ever again! So, do like I said before, and get the fuck off me!"

I finished my sentence and punched Chris hard in the nose, sending him backwards as blood started pouring down his face. Aileen and Acey rushed over to me to see what was going on.

"Becca, who the hell is that? And I saw you two up here a minute ago. Are you cheating on Johnny?!" Acey asked in disbelief.

"That's my ex-boyfriend, Chris. And plus, I would expect you and Aileen, if nobody else, to believe that I would never cheat on Johnny. After I came up to the bar to order more drinks, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I thought it was Johnny, so I smiled and leaned back into the person. That's when I noticed that it was this jackass who was hitting on me. Johnny and the others must've only caught the part that looked like I was enjoying what was going on," I said as I pointed a finger at Chris, who had just gotten up off the floor.

"Damn. You sure do pack a punch," Chris said as he made his way back over to Aileen, Acey and me. By this time, everyone in the bar was staring at the four of us.

"Don't you fucking touch her, you asshole!" Aileen yelled, getting into Chris's face. "Becca, you're one of my best friends. I'm not gonna just sit here and watch this asshole talk to you like he owns you! And besides, Johnny's not here to protect you, so someone has to," she said, turning back to Chris.

"Who the fuck are you?" he asked as he wiped some blood onto his jeans.

"We....." she said pointing to Acey, then herself, "are Becca's best friends. Do you have any fucking clue what you just did to her?"

"Fuck! She's the one who hit me!" he yelled back at Aileen in his own defense.

"She's not talking about physically, you fucking moron. When you came up behind her, she thought you were her boyfriend. That's the only reason that you thought she was enjoying it. And now her boyfriend thinks she's cheating on him!" Acey yelled, causing everyone in the bar who was watching the scene to take a few steps backwards.

"I don't know what I ever saw in you," I said to Chris, and turned on my heel to walk out the door. Before I could get very far, Chris grabbed my arm spun me around, making me dizzy, causing me to fall onto my knees to the floor.

"Don't you walk away from me. I'm not gonna let you do that again," he snarled.

"We told you not to fucking touch her!" Acey screamed.

And with that, Acey had pushed Chris onto the floor and started to punch him over and over in the face, not showing any signs of letting up any time soon.

It took me, Aileen, and some random guy from the crowd to get Acey off of Chris. Moments later, the cops came and carried Chris off. I walked with the other girls back to the bus. We were about halfway there when Acey decided to break the awkward silence between the three of us.

"Becca, you gonna fill me in on who that mother fucker at the bar was?"

"Aileen, will you tell her? I don't really feel like talking to anyone except Johnny right now."

Aileen just shook her head and began to tell Acey the whole story about mine and Chris's past, and why I hated him so much. I noticed Acey gasp after a few minutes, but I didn't notice the apologetic look that she was giving me. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts, and thinking about everything that had happened tonight, that I didn't even notice that we had already arrived back at the bus. Aileen slowly pushed open the door and started to climb up the steps, Acey right behind her. I just stared at the ground, not really sure if I should go into the bus with everyone else. I took in a deep, shaky breath, catching the attention of Aileen and Acey, causing them to turn around on the steps.

"Becca, it'll be alright. Just talk to Johnny. I'm sure he'll understand. Just make him listen," Aileen said as she descended the steps and gave me a light pat on the shoulder.

I just simply nodded and walked onto the bus with the girls. Nobody was in the front of the bus, so I closed the door, and the three of us made our way towards the bunks, only to notice that the door to the back living area was slightly ajar, and there were muffled voices coming from the other side of it. I lightly jerked my head towards the door, and the other girls crept over to the door with me to see what everyone was whispering about. I know it's not good to spy on people, but I have a pretty good idea as to what they're talking about.

"Dude, she probably didn't even know the guy," I heard Matt say.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Did you see the look on her face when that bastard wrapped his arms around her? She obviously knew the guy. She was enjoying every minute of it!" Johnny said. I then heard what I assumed to be Johnny's fist colliding with the wall of the bus. "I just can't believe that she'd do something like this."

"I never would've guessed that she'd do anything like this either. Especially to you, and especially after the way she talks about you, man," I heard Zacky say.

"I fucking love her, guys. How could she do this to me?"

I heard Johnny's voice crack a little, and that's when I decided that I needed to talk to him. Try to explain everything.

Everyone in the back room jerked their head towards me as the door lightly creaked and I entered the room, Aileen and Acey behind me. They both gave me reassuring pats on the back and then went over to their respective boyfriends.

"Becca, how could you....." Jimmy and Zacky started, but Acey cut in.

"Don't even start with her, guys. I would shut my mouth right now if I were you, cause you guys have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about."

The guys both closed their mouths and looked at her. I gave her a look of thanks and she gave me a look, as if to say 'you're welcome'.

"Johnny, can I talk to you for a minute ?" I said in a small voice.

He just crossed his arms and leaned back into the seat, sending me a look that shattered my heart into a million pieces.

"Please?" I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes. Johnny just rolled his eyes at me, and got off the couch and went into the front of the bus, never once turning back to me. I just slowly walked after him, and shut the door behind me. I walked into the front of the bus and noticed that Johnny wasn't there. I saw the door was open and walked outside to see Johnny leaning against the bus smoking a cigarette. I knew that he knew that I was standing there, but he refused to look at me.

"Johnny?"

"What?" he asked coldly, still not looking at me.

"Can I please have a cigarette?"

"Sure. Take cigarettes from me too," he said with malice and he threw a cigarette and his lighter in my direction. It hurt me to see that he was acting this way towards me. But I hadn't done anything wrong..... had I?

I lit my cigarette and took a long drag, slowly letting the smoke out as I handed Johnny's lighter back to him. He snatched it out of my hand and shoved it back into his pocket.

"Johnny, it wasn't what it looked like," I said, hoping to calm his anger. Sometimes he can be worse than Matt.

"So you weren't in another man's arms? Cause that's what it fucking looked like to me," he said as he took another drag off of his cigarette.

"Okay, maybe it was what it looked like. But it wasn't what it looked like at the same time."

"What the fuck does that mean?" he spat as he threw his cigarette butt onto the ground and stomped on it.

"It was my ex-boyfriend, Chris."

"What the fuck made you think that saying that would make anything better?"

"You didn't let me finish. When I went up to the bar to get our drinks he came up behind me and put his arms around my waist. I thought it was you, so I didn't think anything of it. You must've only noticed the part where I looked like I was enjoying the situation."

I took one final drag off of my cigarette and threw it to the ground. I looked at Johnny who now had his arms folded across his chest, and he was looking at me with a look that told me he thought I was full of shit.

"Don't fucking look at me like that, Johnny. If you would've stayed in the booth and watched everything that happened, you'd know that I am telling you the truth right now."

"I saw you seemingly enjoying being in another mans arms. What the fuck was I supposed to think?" he yelled as he punched the side of the bus, leaving a nice sized dent. I flinched at this. I have never seen Johnny this mad before. And it was even harder for me to handle because I was the source of his anger, even though I hadn't really done anything wrong.

"Johnny, listen to me. Chris thought for some reason that I had come back into town to see him. He had no idea that I was with you, or with anyone else. After I broke up with him a year ago, I told him that I never wanted to see his sorry ass again."

"What did he do to you that was so horrible?" he asked as he let his arms fall to his sides. I also noticed that some of the anger had left his voice.

I didn't really want to tell him about my past with Chris. I was sorta embarrassed about it, but I knew that it was the only way that I could make things better with Johnny.

"Well, we dated for a little over a year. We started dating right after you guys left for that European tour, and broke up right before you got back. See, he wanted me to come to Little Rock and visit him on his birthday, but I had this whole surprise planned out for him, so I told him that I couldn't make it. Well, I went down to his house that night. When I knocked on his door, it just swung open. I set my stuff down on his couch, and made my way to his room. I got to his door and opened it, only to notice him and his sister doing things with each other that brothers and sisters shouldn't be doing together."

I turned my back as I started to cry for the first time in almost a month. It was a painful memory. I never thought that anyone could ever do anything like that to someone that they supposedly loved.

I stood there and sobbed as Johnny put his arm around my shoulder and brought my face into his chest, hugging me like there was no tomorrow. I just loudly cried into his chest as he held me. We stood like that for a little bit until I had calmed down enough to stop my water works. When I had stopped hyperventilating and my crying had ceased to nothing more than a few tears, Johnny spoke.

"Becca, I'm so sorry. I feel like such a shit now. How come you never told me about that before?" he asked as he used his finger to bring my face up so that I would look at him.

"I was too embarrassed to say anything. The only ones that know about it are Matt and Aileen, and now Acey. It made me feel horrible. Like I was a piece of shit and I wasn't worth anything."

"I know I have no room to talk right now, but no one should ever treat you like that. I'm so sorry for everything I did and said earlier. You're worth more to me than you'll ever know."

He reached up to my face and gently stroked it as he leaned in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he placed his hands on my back to deepen the kiss. It wasn't fast and heated like some of our kisses have been. The ones that led to us making out then having sex, anyways. This kiss was deep and sweet. He was going slow, almost as if he never wanted us to break apart and wanted this moment in time to be etched into his brain forever. After a few minutes we broke apart and rested our foreheads against each other's.

"Becca, I am so sorry for everything. Can you ever forgive me?"

I thought for a moment. I wanted to forgive him, but I knew that I couldn't be with someone who was jealous.

"I promise that I'll never get jealous again. And if anything like what happened at the bar ever happens again, I'll be sure to chat with you about it first. But please don't break up with me," he said as he placed his hands on either side of my face.

"Okay, I won't. But you gotta promise me one more thing. Don't ever yell at me like that again. I thought you were going to hit me."

"Becca, I would never hit you. I love you too much to ever do anything like that to you."

We shared another quick kiss, then walked hand-in-hand back onto the bus.

STILL IN FLASHBACK - AILEEN'S P.O.V.

Becca and Johnny had just walked off to talk somewhere, and the rest of us were now sitting in the back room, talking about the night's events.

"I find it hard to believe that my sister would ever do something like that," Matt said, shaking his head.

"Well, fuck her. I can't believe she did that, after all Johnny has done for her. And right in front of him too!" Jimmy shouted.

Acey slapped him hard across the face, and he clutched his cheek as he stared at her in shock.

"You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about," Acey said, getting a little angry.

"What are YOU talking about?" Zacky asked.

"Aileen, you wanna field this one? You know more about it than I do," Acey said.

Zacky just looked at me with a 'what the fuck is going on?' look.

"Well, that guy at the bar was her ex-boyfriend, Chris."

Matt was the only one that looked shocked at my statement. I guess no one else in the room besides myself, him, and Acey knew about Chris.

"That's who that fucker was?! I wish I would've recognized him because I would've torn him into a million pieces!" Matt said through clenched teeth as he balled his hands into fists.

"But why would she cheat on Johnny with an ex-boyfriend?" Zacky asked, obviously not understanding what was going on.

"Are you retarded or something? She wasn't cheating on Johnny with Chris. She wasn't cheating on him period. Chris lives in a little town outside of Little Rock and was at the same bar as us, coincidentally, on the same night. When he went up to Becca, he came up from behind and she didn't see him. She thought it was Johnny that was behind her so she just let it be. All you guys saw was her enjoying being in what she thought was Johnny's arms. You guys didn't get to see anything that happened afterwards. He thought that Becca had come back to town to see him. When he wouldn't let her go, she punched him in the nose, breaking it and sending his ass onto the floor. When he got back up, he grabbed her arm and knocked her to the floor. Then Acey beat the shit out of him. A little bit later, the cops came and took Chris away, and then we came back to the bus."

There was suddenly a loud bang against the side of the bus. Brian went to the window, shook his head, then sat back down.

"It's alright. Johnny just punched the bus," he said. "Why did they break up? What did Chris do to Becca that was so bad in the first place?"

"That bastard cheated on my sister," Matt said, his anger rising.

"Alright, I understand why she would be upset about that. But, I mean, don't you guys think she's carrying it a bit too far?" Jimmy asked.

Matt bit his lip and looked at the floor, Acey and myself doing the same.

"Alright, what the fuck do you guys know that we don't?" Zacky asked as he lifted my face.

"He cheated on her with his sister, Zacky. Becca went to visit him on his birthday, and caught the two of them.....you know..... doing it."

Everyone's jaws immediately dropped to the floor. Everyone except me, Acey and Matt.

"Oh, so THAT'S why you were so pissed off for those few days while we were on that tour in Europe," Zacky said, finally understanding everything that was going on.

"Yeah, dude. That's why I am the way I am when it comes to her dating. I don't think my sister would be able to handle it if another guy ever broke her heart."

PRESENT DAY - BECCA'S P.O.V.

And that brings us back to today. Everyone is on good terms now, and Johnny and I made it through our first fight. Maybe not with flying colors, but it worked out for the best.

I was still thinking about everything that had been going on when I noticed someone suddenly pick me up and throw me over their shoulder.

"What the fuck? Matt, put me down!"

I started to beat my fists into my brother's back, but I wasn't hurting him. I swear. He must be made of some unnatural substance.

"If you would've fucking been paying attention, I wouldn't have needed to do this. We tried to knock you out of your little daydream for almost 10 minutes when I finally just decided to carry you," he said as he stopped to set me down.

"Well, I am paying attention now."

"Yeah, now you're paying attention. And why are you still hung up on what happened last week? I thought you were over that by now?" Matt asked me as the rest of the gang walked ahead of us.

"Matt, you would've had to have lived my life to understand."

And that was the end of our conversation. We finally caught up with everyone else and continued our walk back to the bus with all our purchases. I already had my present for Johnny. It was hidden on the bus, and with the limited space that there was, it was a surprise to me that Johnny hadn't found it already.

We finally reached the bus, and I was still a little tired, even though it was almost 1 in the afternoon. I told everyone that I was going back to bed. I walked back to the bunk to notice Johnny still in a deep sleep. I got into the bunk and pulled off everything except my underclothes, threw them under the bunk with my duffel and pulled the rest of the blanket over me. I was almost asleep when Johnny turned over and wrapped his arms around my middle. I just smiled to myself as I drifted off to sleep, thanking my lucky stars that Johnny was still mine.

JOHNNY'S P.O.V.

I was in the middle of a really weird dream that involved a vampire and a talking dog when I was woken up as the bus went over a bump in the road.

"Where the fuck are we?" I said to no one in particular.

I felt the bed shift beside me and I opened my eyes in time to see Becca sit up and swing her legs over the side of the bunk.

"Babe, what's going on?" I asked, as I myself crawled over to the edge of the bunk.

"We're stopping for the night. Since we have a few days off, we can stay here tonight. And that wasn't a bump in the road that you felt. It was Zacky's ass hitting the bus floor."

"Did he fall out of the bunk or something?"

"No. He came to our bunk to wake us up cause it's almost 8:30. He kept poking me in the side, even after I told him I was awake. So I shoved him."

I looked over the side of the bunk to see Zacky laying face-up staring at Becca and me. I couldn't contain myself, and just busted up laughing. Zacky shot me the finger, then retreated to the back room. I went with Becca to take a shower, then we got dressed and walked into the back room where everyone else was sitting.

"It's about time you two got up. We thought you'd died or something," Jimmy said, as he tried to get Brian to mess up on the game they were playing.

"Alright, Johnny, man. Heads up!"

I almost didn't catch the little box in time. I opened it to reveal....... a guitar pick.

"Ummmmm, thanks guys. But I already have a ton of these," I said as a quizzical look spread across my face. Everyone else just started laughing.

"You fucking idiot. That goes with this." Zacky reached behind the couch and handed me a custom guitar. "Thank your girlfriend, man. We helped her, though. She had no clue what to get the man who has everything. All our gifts for you are on your bunk now."

I looked over at Becca with a wide smile. I hugged and kissed her like there was no tomorrow, then Matt came and pulled us apart.

"Alright. That'll be enough of that. Now, where do you want to go tonight, Johnny?"

A smirk played its way across my face as I looked over at Becca. She gave me a frightened look.

"Since your dear sister and my wonderful girlfriend made us go to a transvestite bar, we're gonna take them to another titty bar."

"Johnny, that's not fair!" Becca said.

"What's not fair about it?"

"Well, I am not sure. But we took you to a titty bar after we left that bar with the male strippers."

"Yeah, maybe so. But you guys didn't enjoy it. And you have no idea what it's like being a straight man in a transvestite bar."

She sighed in defeat as she layed her head on my shoulder.

"Well, let's go then, or we won't have enough time to get properly drunk," Jimmy said as he ran past us and out the door.

An hour later, and we were walking into the nearest titty bar. The girls looked like they were gonna throw up, but they went in with us anyways.

FF TWO HOURS

I was just finishing my 10th glass of ..... whatever the hell I was drinking. All the other guys were smashed, except Zacky, which surprised the hell outta everyone. The girls weren't drinking much either. They were buzzed, but they weren't nearly as drunk as the rest of us. Matt had just given one of the strippers $350 to give me a lap dance, when Aileen got a call on her cell phone.

"Hello?.....yes, this is she......oh my god, is she alright? .....alright, can I speak with her please?"

Then she turned to Becca and Zacky.

"Will you guys come outside with me please?"

Becca and Zacky got up from the table, and I think the other girls were a little pissed because they couldn't go with her. It was about this time that I noticed the stripper had started to work on me. I am not sure if it was the alcohol talking or not, but I was really enjoying the dance that she was giving me. She turned her back to me and continued dancing. I placed my hands on her hips as she did her thing. The other guys were too busy with their girlfriends and other strippers to notice much of what was going on. The stripper that was working on me suddenly turned around and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"What do you say we go to the back room?"

I am not sure what was possessing me, but I downed the rest of my drink and followed her to the back room. Before I even had time to think, the girl, who's name I didn't even know, had kicked the door closed, and managed to lock it while pressing her lips to mine. It wasn't long before all our clothes were off, and we were laying on the bed, me on top of her, and I was rapidly thrusting in and out of her. I could hear her moaning and calling my name, but it didn't feel right. It wasn't Becca that was laying underneath me, and I couldn't believe what I was doing to her.

"I.....don't.....even.....know.....your.....name," I said in between thrusts.

"It's.....Kelsi," the stripper said in between moans.

With one final thrust, we both reached our peaks and I collapsed on top of her, sweat dripping down my forehead.

"I gotta go."

With that, I got up off the couch and put my clothes back on. Right before I walked out the door, I turned back and noticed Kelsi had already passed out. Either she wasn't into what happened and she was faking it, or I had worn her out. Either way, I felt like shit.

I walked out of the door and closed it, just in case any of the guys had come to look for me. I snuck to the bathroom before any of the guys could see me so that I could wash my face and arms off. Plus, I had some cologne with me, so I put some on so that I wouldn't smell like sex to the guys. They could smell sex from a mile away.

I walked back out to the table to notice that everyone else was still there, except for Zacky, Aileen, and Becca. I felt like shooting myself in the face. I just wanted to crawl underneath something and die.

I sat back in a chair next to Jimmy and silently watched as everyone else was enjoying the night.

"Johnny, what's the matter?" Jimmy said as he looked over to me.

"Oh, nothing. I just miss my girlfriend, that's all."

He just rolled his eyes and turned back to his stripper, who's name no one knew.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna be sick," I said, and I ran out to the front of the bar, barely making it out of the door as I ralphed all over the pavement.

A few minutes later, a hand was placed on my back, and Acey was patting me.

"I think we've all had enough tonight. You wanna go back to the bus?"

I just nodded my head as she went back inside to get everyone else. I was joined outside a few minutes later by the rest of the gang, and we slowly made out way back to the bus.

I didn't even say anything to anyone as we walked back onto the bus. I just climbed into my bunk, and closed the curtain as I stripped down to my boxers and curled up in my blanket.

"Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? You've never puked from your alcohol before."

I noticed the voice as Jimmy's. I felt the bed shift, which could only mean that he had sat down.

"Close the curtain."

Jimmy scooted over a little more on the bunk, and closed the curtain, zipping it.

"Now are you gonna tell me what the fuck is eating you?"

"How the hell are you sobered enough to carry on a decent conversation, Jimmy?"

"I just got done seeing Brian and Kaitlyn.....in the back room. No offense to either of them, I just don't like seeing my friends naked. I threw up a little, and that helped. Now what the fuck is wrong with you tonight?"

"Jimmy, I fucked up."

He just stared at me blankly.

"I cheated on Becca."

His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped.

"Please tell me that all you did was kiss another girl."

"No, Jimmy. There was more than just kissing. A lot more."

"With who?"

"Remember that stripper that Matt got for me? Well, we kinda.....umm, went to the back room while everyone else was preoccupied."

"Shit, Johnny. Do you have any idea what Becca's gonna do when she finds out? Hell, I'd be more worried about what Matt is gonna do if he finds out. Did she tell you about her old boyfriend that was at that bar last week?"

"Yeah."

"Dude, I don't think Becca's gonna be able to handle it when she hears about this. You gotta tell her, man. She's gonna find out sometime."

"Who's gonna find out about what?" Acey said, tapping on the curtain.

"Acey, babe. How much of that conversation did you hear?" Jimmy asked as he opened the curtain.

"Just the part where one of you went 'she's gonna find out some time'. Now what were you guys talking about?" she asked as she nervously looked between the both of us.

"It's a surprise. I can't tell you just yet. Why don't you go back into the other room and watch some movies or something and I'll be back there in a minute."

Acey seemed content with that answer, and quickly kissed Jimmy and retreated to the back room.

"Dude, now she thinks you're gonna propose to her or something," I said.

"Dude, no she won't. I actually had a surprise for her. I planned on giving her a promise ring, so, don't worry. It's not like this is gonna backfire on me. At least, I hope it doesn't. Now, you better figure out something, or you're gonna die from Matt's fist."

And with that, Jimmy left me to be alone in my bunk. I just closed my eyes and tried to think and go to sleep at the same time. Again, the bed shifted, and I noticed that Becca had climbed into the bunk.

"Oh, sorry baby. I didn't mean to wake you," she said as she leaned over to give me a light peck on the lips.

"It's okay. I wasn't asleep yet."

"Well, I am exhausted. Can we get some sleep?"

"Yeah." I lifted the blankets and she got under them and snuggled up to me as I brought them up to my shoulders.

"Goodnight, Johnny. I love you," she said.

That cause my heart to ache. It made me feel guilty, and I almost wanted to scream. I couldn't keep the secret from her, cause that would just make things worse. I decided that now was as good a time as any, to tell Becca about what I had done.

"Becca, there's something I need to tell you....."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 14. Please comment!